Catona

Guest rothdave

Guest rothdave

Cantona... ( crap keyboard)

Tricky Trev on Talksport this morning, told keys and gray when asked.. he said he brought him over as a favour to michel platini. There was never any chance to sign him becuse financial package was too high, and we all know what happened next.....

In trev's words... he did ok at leeds then went on to become a legend at Man utd.

Edited by rothdave

Guest intercity0wl

Cantona... ( crap keyboard)

Tricky Trev on Talksport this morning, told keys and gray when asked.. he said he brought him over as a favour to michel platini. There was never any chance to sign him becuse financial package was too high, and we all know what happened next.....

In trev's words... he did ok at leeds then went on to become a legend at Man utd.

Slightly different version of events is given by the then Manager of Weeds who signed him, think i go along with the Francis dropped a big B*llock theory.

Guest Distraught!

I don't buy into this crap.

As I remember, Eric said "Non" when asked to continue with the trial period.

End of story, he just didn't want to be p1ssed around with.

I was told by someone from the club at the time, that Trev did try to sign him & knew how good a player he was & would be, but the then board turned round and said "How much ??? for a player you have never seen play on grass !!!" they told the players agent that they would like him on trail for another week. The rest is history.

I was told by someone from the club at the time, that Trev did try to sign him & knew how good a player he was & would be, but the then board turned round and said "How much ??? for a player you have never seen play on grass !!!" they told the players agent that they would like him on trail for another week. The rest is history.

^^this is pretty much how I see it. Also a bit humiliating on Cantona to play against some US team at the Arena and then STILL ask for longer to look at him. Trev messed up and I think he knows it.

I don't buy into this crap.

As I remember, Eric said "Non" when asked to continue with the trial period.

End of story, he just didn't want to be p1ssed around with.

This

If we had signed Cantona we would have won the league that season.

and this...!

Went to see him at the arena in that 6-a-side game.

Walked out of a taxi on to the court playing with people he'd never met before (all good players and including seasoned internationals) and looked two or three classes above everyone in there.

Absolutely mindless decision not to sign him.

Mind you we only had Michel Platini's recommendation to go on...!

Biggest multi ******** of Trick Trev's career imo closely followed by fookin' Warhurst about prior to the cup final.

I never forgave Tricky Trev for not signing Cantona.

If i recall correctly it would have 'only' cost us 100 grand to sign him until the end of the season.Please someone correct me on this if i am wrong.

We used to play at Sheffield Aurora at the time Wednesday were training there due to the bad Winter we were having and it is true that Francis wanted to see Eric play on grass.

I think he or his agent(or both) got the huff and went up the M1 to Leeds

I did hear at the time that someone had sent the Frenchman a video of Weds v Leeds whan we got spanked 6-1 at Hillsborough(apart from a cast iron penalty when Watson got tripped by fresh air) and that along with not feeling he needed to prove himself was the catalyst for signing for Wilkinson.

I do agree with a previous poster that EC may well have been the vital ingredient we needed to clinch the Title that season as he ultimately did for Leeds.

I still find it hard to believe we could have won the Top Title with 2 games to go.

Ironically a future Wednesday striker scored in the final minute to put paid to that!