An apology to Gary Megson

Guest Deleted member

I get the feeling that the players are starting to understand that he's the gaffer, and that's not changing anytime soon.

Shape up, or ship out...

lol

I wonder if Milan told them straight, just before the Colchester game.

We've got back to showing what we can do and I still think this squad has enough to beat most teams. The interesting test will be when we next face some promotion hopefuls again as this was where we came unstuck with AI in charge.

Edited by Bluesteel

Jesus give the man time, If it's one thing Wednesday need now its consistency. John Sheridan may have won you a cup and may one day manage you. But given the choice I'd have Megson every time for a long hual campaign. You may think thats biased it is but I've seen what he can do. I've watched it for years.

I've already said that I said I wanted him and he will do well when given time. I was just saying if we aren't in the top 4 by the end of November Mandaric will probably get rid because he is desperate for success.

I've already said that I said I wanted him and he will do well when given time. I was just saying if we aren't in the top 4 by the end of November Mandaric will probably get rid because he is desperate for success.

Nah I think he'll get the whole season just because of his experience level, as not only manager but setting up a scouting structure and basically re-modelling a club. There arn't that many people around who have done what Megson's done. let alone as successfully as he has. I think Mandaric may keep him longer than you all think

Nah I think he'll get the whole season just because of his experience level, as not only manager but setting up a scouting structure and basically re-modelling a club. There arn't that many people around who have done what Megson's done. let alone as successfully as he has. I think Mandaric may keep him longer than you all think

I agree

A few weeks ago - when things were looking incredibly bleak for us - I posted on Owlstalk that you would take us down to the next division because you still didn't know what the most effective team was.

A few days after - you found it. And we won't go down.

I was wrong.

Sorry. Good luck next season. biggrin.gif

I'm sure that lol has been waiting to hear this.

Let's not get carried away, we still have alot of improving to do if we are going to challenge next season, but the last few games have certainly made me alot more optimistic. The summer is going to be very interesting.

Agree

Even yesterday we were being passed to death by the bottom team (JOC/Potter midfield will never work) the difference was a bit of luck, solid defending and great finishing.

Agree

Even yesterday we were being passed to death by the bottom team (JOC/Potter midfield will never work) the difference was a bit of luck, solid defending and great finishing.

We weren't passed to death. We let them pass the ball and even when they got close to the defence it was dealt with. We never got out of 1st gear Yesterday/

A few weeks ago - when things were looking incredibly bleak for us - I posted on Owlstalk that you would take us down to the next division because you still didn't know what the most effective team was.

A few days after - you found it. And we won't go down.

I was wrong.

Sorry. Good luck next season. biggrin.gif

Grandad bigger man than Manwithastick!!!

Edited by big john