An apology to Gary Megson

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

A few weeks ago - when things were looking incredibly bleak for us - I posted on Owlstalk that you would take us down to the next division because you still didn't know what the most effective team was.

A few days after - you found it. And we won't go down.

I was wrong.

Sorry. Good luck next season. biggrin.gif

I think we need to reserve judgement til Xmas (probably Sept in MMs mind) before becoming apologetic to Megson.

I like that he's organised us, and we are better at the basics. But we need more fluency with the ball to be successful. We knew we had a decent run-in and he's cashing in on that (as well as a front two who look the best pairing for years) but there are bigger issues and challenges ahead.

I think we need to reserve judgement til Xmas (probably Sept in MMs mind) before becoming apologetic to Megson.

I like that he's organised us, and we are better at the basics. But we need more fluency with the ball to be successful. We knew we had a decent run-in and he's cashing in on that (as well as a front two who look the best pairing for years) but there are bigger issues and challenges ahead.

Disagree, ultimately he's made the poo poo shine over the past few weeks. Got the players heads from up their overpaid ass's and motivated them. I think we owe him a great debt of gratitude already.

WELL DONE GARY, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

No two ways about it we have to go up next season. I reckon MM will make judgement around November time and by that time with his team and not somebody elses will we be able to decide if he is the man to do it.

Yup, I reckon if we're not in the top 4 by end of November it could be Hellor Mr Sheridan.

(But I am confident we will go up automatically next season)

I said at the start he was the man for us. I thought we'd get a new manager bounce and he'd push u's on to the playoffs but it didn't happen. I kept faith with him and never doubted he'd turn it round. Well done Gary for finally getting them to respond.

Not often I'm right about the football stuff on here so I'm milking this for all it's worth.

Guest bigbadbreeze

I have heard fans moaning about the Hartlepool and Swindon performance, we have very short memories just think back to January and February, march. foook me,

please gary can we have plenty more boring 2-0 and 3-1 wins at Hillsboro.

top 2 next year or I’ll eat my hat

Yup, I reckon if we're not in the top 4 by end of November it could be Hellor Mr Sheridan.

(But I am confident we will go up automatically next season)

Jesus give the man time, If it's one thing Wednesday need now its consistency. John Sheridan may have won you a cup and may one day manage you. But given the choice I'd have Megson every time for a long hual campaign. You may think thats biased it is but I've seen what he can do. I've watched it for years.