Well Done Mellor

Guest owlinlincs

Would preston sell now they are officially a league 1 team next time out.I hope we can get him but if i was in charge in preston i would put a huge price tag on him

Havn't got a bad word to say about the lad these days, he scores at nearly every opportunity and although he's not the fastest or fittest player his effort and work rate is second to none - EVERYTHING possible that can be done to sign him up needs to be done imo.

Not the fittest?

i hear people say such things all the time about Mellor, yet he's one of the few players that seems to run and run from the start of the game till the end of the game. If that's "not the fittest" then what is JJ?!

I'd say F.A now. He's on Championship wages with a Div 3 club. Good time to buy I reckon.

Agreed. They will be happy to get him off their books. Nominal fee or free I reckon. Hell, they can have Heffernan & Morrison in a swap deal.

To be fair, although he doesn't look a fit lad, i'd say he is the fittest player in our squad by a mile.

Runs for 90 minutes, chases everything and doesn't stop.

Think we should try and get him. Didn't the Preston chairman say he would never play for them again?

Rightly or wrongly, Mellor will see himself as a Championship striker and will sign for a Championship club. He has played well in the last few games, but was he putting himself in the shop window?? I think he's been average for the majority of the season.

Not the fittest?

i hear people say such things all the time about Mellor, yet he's one of the few players that seems to run and run from the start of the game till the end of the game. If that's "not the fittest" then what is JJ?!

Yes, not the fittest.

He's not physically in shape compared to others which probably has a lot to do with why he isn't the fastest of players. But if you read the rest of my post i go on to say his work rate is second to none.