Well Done Mellor

Guest Sheff Owl

Wonder what his scoring record is like under Megson, any nerds want to help me out? :biggrin:

7 goals in the 19 games Megson has been in charge.

Guest maltaowl

Got to agree. The stats don't lie and on his day he is one of the best goalscorers in this division. Mellor, Hoskins, Madine, Zoko (+ Modest) could be a on hell of a strikeforce. Hope my dreams come true :biggrin:

Him and Madine could fire us to promotion next season.

Definatelt, with a good midfield to help them. They could. We also need a striker with pace too. But we have the makings of a top 2 partnership.

Guest Sheff Owl

7 in 10, not bad that is it?

Plus how many assists has he got in those 10 games? Fair few I bet.

Bear in mind he has just played in the last 6 games, the other 4 were more nearer when Megson took over.

Yes, not the fittest.

He's not physically in shape compared to others which probably has a lot to do with why he isn't the fastest of players. But if you read the rest of my post i go on to say his work rate is second to none.

So because he's a big lad he's not fit?

Leon Clarke was unfit, huffing and puffing after 30min (also a shyte work rate). Mellor never seems to be huffing and puffing.

Madine is a lot slimmer, yet much slower than Mellor...

Guest Sheff Owl

Assists -

Gary Teale - 10

Neil Mellor - 7

Gary Madine - 5

Giles Coke - 5

Chris Sedgwick - 4

Tommy Spurr - 4

Tommy Miller - 3

Lewis Buxton- 2

Clinton Morrison - 2

JJ - 1

Jon Otsemobor - 1

Darren Potter - 1

Guest ionowl

Got to agree. The stats don't lie and on his day he is one of the best goalscorers in this division. Mellor, Hoskins, Madine, Zoko (+ Modest) could be a on hell of a strikeforce. Hope my dreams come true :biggrin:

I heard from my Uncle that Zoko is being watched by teams from La Liga, if true, we'd have no chance in signing him, which would be a shame because I would love him to be here next season.

So because he's a big lad he's not fit?

Leon Clarke was unfit, huffing and puffing after 30min (also a shyte work rate). Mellor never seems to be huffing and puffing.

Madine is a lot slimmer, yet much slower than Mellor...

Haha.

I didn't say he was unfit did i? I was implementing that the fact he's more stocky than others may be a reason why he isn't a fast runner, i never said anything about his stamina, infact quite the opposite.

Madine maybe a lot slimmer but he's a good bit taller than Mellor, how many tall lanky footballers do you know who are pacey?