Daniel Jones

Whats wrong with him? Seems to have just dissapeared under Megson.

Teale has been really, really poor for a good few months now. Can't cross, can't dribble, can't shoot yet gets in the team week in, week out.

Surely Jones deserves a chance on the left wing? And stick JJ back on the right.

If he's not going to get his chance then a decent left winger or even a right winger must be a priority for the summer.

Guest totemowl

Teale's record this season is better. Sometimes it's best to just go with the facts.

However I also think jones is inferior to current choices. Perhaps it cones down to a lack of experience.

Not a fan. I actually think that Sedgwick is a better option than Jones.

really?

Aside from whether or not hes better than JJ/Sedgewick/Teale, i am surprised that our one left footed player who can play on the wing hasnt had a shot at it yet. maybe he will get a couple of games before the season ends. Megson has brought on subs in the last few home games that have left us disjointed - albeit after the job was done - sticking Jones on for JJ would have kept the momentum going and absolutely destroyed Hartlepool on saturday.

Im not convinced by D Jones as an out and winger - on the occasions that he has played there he has looked a bit "lost".

Running from left back he knows what he has to do - run past his winger and get a cross in. Not sure he has the ability to actually play left wing where you have to make decisions about what is the best to do.

Still, without a few games run there we cant be sure about what he can or cant do!

In regard to the people saying play him as a winger, it's worth me adding that he said he doesn't like playing there. In an interview with Wednesday Player a while back he was asked which position he prefers out of LB and LW and he said left back 100% because he "likes to see the whole game in front of him".

Guest 03 owl

In regard to the people saying play him as a winger, it's worth me adding that he said he doesn't like playing there. In an interview with Wednesday Player a while back he was asked which position he prefers out of LB and LW and he said left back 100% because he "likes to see the whole game in front of him".

I remember him saying that too, but i'm sure he would play there given the chance, surely you can see he could play in that position even if he cannot.

Which would probably why I thought he looked out of place on the left wing as he isn't comfortable there.

Clearly fell out with Megson. Should be a decent left back at the level, but will probably get moved on.

With regards playing him midfield - The fact we haven't had a left winger since Brunt left was severely highlighted on Saturday. Both Buxton & Johnson are very one footed, and consiquently there was no width down the left.

The left side in general needs some real improvement in the close season - We need to get rid of Reynolds, Spurr & Jones (if megson isn't going to play him) and get in a left back who can defend and a winger with pace for that side at the least.

I'm sturggling to see a future for him here tbh.

He's a left back and like playing there. Great going forward from that position but is probably worse than Spurr defensively (which is poo poo).

His only future is here would be left wing. Whether he can play that role or if he wants to is another matter.

My money is on him being shown the door in the summer. Which is a shame, because I think he could offer us something.

I am going to stick my neck out and say that if we keep him and work on him he has the potential to be our best player.

It is too soon to write this kid off - he just needs some proper coaching and some confidence. He has something about him that makes me think we havent seen anything like his potential yet.

Im a fan of Daniel Jones but im not completely sure why.

He doesnt seem to offer much going forward, he has decent pace but seems unwilling to use it to go past a full back and cant really remember him having a shot on goal, other than a few shocking free kicks.

I think he can do it at this level, but not sure yet if its going to happen here,

He's certainly worth keeping hold of for me though as he's 24, so hopefully will come good for us, JJ is 32 next, Teale will be 33 and really isn't good enough, so we are going to have to look for a new winger soon.