Daniel Jones

Guest bigblue

"He makes Spurr look good" - Are those joke posts???

And "Teale has done better...fact" - WTF?!

Jones on a horrendously bad day p1sses all over those two.It's ridiculous how much football they've had this season!

I hope Megson can bring Jones on, because he has some of the best raw attributes at the club. If he can be coached into reading the game, taking up better positions and making more effective decisions, he has every chance of making a top top player.

"He makes Spurr look good" - Are those joke posts???

And "Teale has done better...fact" - WTF?!

Jones on a horrendously bad day p1sses all over those two.It's ridiculous how much football they've had this season!

I hope Megson can bring Jones on, because he has some of the best raw attributes at the club. If he can be coached into reading the game, taking up better positions and making more effective decisions, he has every chance of making a top top player.

Agree with all that but also believe he has to get his head right as well.

Guest TonyOwl88

I prefer JJ on the left to be honest.

Not a fan of Daniel Jones either.

Left back int he? I never really rated JJ in defence.

I think Daniel Jones is ok... I think its up to Megson to decide whether he can improve enough, or whether we should just get shot asap.

Had a big fallout with Megson was the rumour.

One of my friends saw him and Giles Coke in a bar a few weeks back and Jones openly said that he thought GM was really negative and quite obviously didn't get on with him. Interestingly, Coke was defending GM, saying that it was just a different style of play.

I like Jones, when I've seen him play he's always been a positive attacking presence and although he's maybe not the most gifted defensively, I'd have him over Teale and Spurr any day.

The writing looks firmly on the wall for DJ he can't get in at LB or LF can't get on the bench either with any consistancy our left side in general is a bit off a mess summed up by Buxton playing LB when we have three others who could play there.

The mere fact that Buxton can go to left back and play better than the other three supposed left backs just goes to show how poor all three have been generally over the course of the season.

After all, he's a CB/RB!

i think Megson has a dilemma with Jones

play him on the left midfield and he can disappear ...

play him at left back and sure he's fantastic going forward, but defensively he's quite poor .. some of his heading (which i'm sure Megson has indirectly mentioned - "someone can head the ball far not 5 yards in front of them") is tereeble for a defender ...

i do rate Jones, definately a good player technically, but needs to find a position that suits him, LW or LB and work really hard on the basics of that position