Chris Morgan yes or no?????????

Guest captaincarbide

I can't see many owls fans welcoming The Thug to hillsborough, he'd be the only player to be equally hated by the home and away fans. But the thread really is irrelevant cos he'd not even consider making that move to us from them.

Plus he'd be a major liability in league 1, strutting around thinking he's Billy big balls clobbering anyone who dares get past him

I can't see many owls fans welcoming The Thug to hillsborough, he'd be the only player to be equally hated by the home and away fans. But the thread really is irrelevant cos he'd not even consider making that move to us from them.

Plus he'd be a major liability in league 1, strutting around thinking he's Billy big balls clobbering anyone who dares get past him

:biggrin:

i think its fair to say a number of players have underacheived and failed to live up to expectations this season.

with a full pre season, and having had time to get used to their new club, id expect most of these players to kick on and improve next season.

Semi------Beevers/Reda/Morrison/Reynolds------Buxton

cant say id be too concerned about that back four normally, should be more than capable. over to Megson to start getting the best out of them

Sorry mate but the fabled 'full pre-season' excuse has been used in the past as recently as last year with Irvine.

You have to ask yourself if the majority of our defence would walk into Brighton or Huddersfield Town's first eleven and clearly they would be adrift.

It's time to be ruthless and judgemental to the players we have.

Sorry mate but the fabled 'full pre-season' excuse has been used in the past as recently as last year with Irvine.

You have to ask yourself if the majority of our defence would walk into Brighton or Huddersfield Town's first eleven and clearly they would be adrift.

the debate about giving players time to settle has been done a million times over, so i wont go over it again.

But those players we have are capable of much better, and for whatever reason they have not been good enough this season.

That doesnt mean that they wont improve, or become the players we expected them to be, next season.

a summer break, clean slate and new season could be what some of them need to rejuvinate themselves. i also think a few people moving in, and a few out, will help. im not convinced, and never have been, that wholesale changes are necessary or beneficial. we eventually have to get a stable team together, and start improving our players, rather than casting them off every time they have a bad run of form.

Guest Sniper1

Morgan, Montgomery or Quinn, typical minging f'kin dirty blade chunts, wouldn't want them anywhere near our club.

Anyone suggesting otherwise just have a little look at themselves.

I think all these years of poo as actually f'ked our heads up.

Morgan, Montgomery or Quinn, typical minging f'kin dirty blade chunts, wouldn't want them anywhere near our club.

Anyone suggesting otherwise just have a little look at themselves.

I think all these years of poo as actually f'ked our heads up.

take the sentiment out - if any of these players would improve our club, we would be silly not to sign them. lets not cut off our nose to spite our face, eh?

take the sentiment out - if any of these players would improve our club, we would be silly not to sign them. lets not cut off our nose to spite our face, eh?

Fair point - taking the fact he's a thug and a grunter then. He's probably still on a hefty wage, more than any other of our current players - we're unlikely to keep Tommy Miller because of his wage, my betting is Morgan is on a large chunk more than Miller is on at the moment.

Add to the fact that Morgan is 33 years old now and has been injured all season, it would be a massive gamble at that age having just had a serious injury. Isn't he coaching a bit as well now? So chances are he won't be playing much more football before hanging up his boots.

But my mind was made up once I saw his name, but even looking at it subjectively it wouldn't exactly be the best move would it?

We do need someone similar to Morgan - from what I've seen from Rob Jones so far I'd be looking to get him signed up permanently.

The players we have in defence, in my opinion, are good enough but the whole team lacks a spine of leadership that can weather a storm and keep heads up if were a goal down.

Having the likes of Morgan has helped the Blades do this over the years and its something we need to do and something that a player like Rob Jones seemed to add (so far).

As Morgan is getting on a bit, has knackered his knee those points alone would say to me that we need that type of player but not Morgan. So I agree with your point but the idea of Morgan is a naughty one as its unlikely he'd even want to come anyway.

Fair point - taking the fact he's a thug and a grunter then. He's probably still on a hefty wage, more than any other of our current players - we're unlikely to keep Tommy Miller because of his wage, my betting is Morgan is on a large chunk more than Miller is on at the moment.

Add to the fact that Morgan is 33 years old now and has been injured all season, it would be a massive gamble at that age having just had a serious injury. Isn't he coaching a bit as well now? So chances are he won't be playing much more football before hanging up his boots.

But my mind was made up once I saw his name, but even looking at it subjectively it wouldn't exactly be the best move would it?

We do need someone similar to Morgan - from what I've seen from Rob Jones so far I'd be looking to get him signed up permanently.

Should've read your post before writing mine! :rolleyes:

I dont want Morgan, dont get me wrong, im just not adverse to taking players from ANY club, if they are the right players and will improve us.

They also have to have the right attitude. we arent in a good enough position to be too picky with who we take and where from, so our options are pretty limited...

The players we have in defence, in my opinion, are good enough but the whole team lacks a spine of leadership that can weather a storm and keep heads up if were a goal down.

Having the likes of Morgan has helped the Blades do this over the years and its something we need to do and something that a player like Rob Jones seemed to add (so far).

As Morgan is getting on a bit, has knackered his knee those points alone would say to me that we need that type of player but not Morgan. So I agree with your point but the idea of Morgan is a naughty one as its unlikely he'd even want to come anyway.

Call it simplistic, but the notion of tough battling defences with leaders clapping their way to victory alongside hard working teammates appears to be a romantic notion for clubs battling relegation.

Clubs that have efficent, disciplined and skillful defenders are the kind you don't see do a job, they just 'do' it. Mandaric has said that next year will see us promoted - as fans we need to latch onto that arrogance and expect the same - with that comes storming midfields and prolific strikers. The defence is reduced to being there in an attempt to keep a clean sheet despite the fact we have already put three or four past the opposition anyway.

Winning games, promotion or even the title.

What we have is not good enough. They are totally impotent to the threats this league offers.

Call it simplistic, but the notion of tough battling defences with leaders clapping their way to victory alongside hard working teammates appears to be a romantic notion for clubs battling relegation.

Clubs that have efficent, disciplined and skillful defenders are the kind you don't see do a job, they just 'do' it. Mandaric has said that next year will see us promoted - as fans we need to latch onto that arrogance and expect the same - with that comes storming midfields and prolific strikers. The defence is reduced to being there in an attempt to keep a clean sheet despite the fact we have already put three or four past the opposition anyway.

Winning games, promotion or even the title.

What we have is not good enough. They are totally impotent to the threats this league offers.

The team as a whole needs work and key additions.

Looking at the teams above us and their defenders there is no reason why with the right combination and blend that they as young players who have played at a higher level do this job. Im not saying we dont need to get any defenders in, we do but I don't think we'll get the luxury of another total overhaul at the back anyway.

I would pair Peter Sutcliffe with Fred West, Charlie Manson left back, Denis Nielson (sp?) on the right if it would get us out of this god forsaken wee wee pot of a league.

But I am utterly amoral.

Edited by NYCOWL

The team as a whole needs work and key additions.

Looking at the teams above us and their defenders there is no reason why with the right combination and blend that they as young players who have played at a higher level do this job. Im not saying we dont need to get any defenders in, we do but I don't think we'll get the luxury of another total overhaul at the back anyway.

if megson can make the correct tweaks and adjustments, theres a fair chance he can make a good fist out of what we have.

the defence has been largely unsupported by the midfield this year, as have the strikers. the midfield have hardly seen the ball as its been sailing over their heads from the back. the strikers have had little or no service, and almost no support. players have been incorrectly used, and we havent played to our strengths.

Megson can solve this, most of that team should produce the goods with a couple of decent additions, and an improved style of play.

Guest Big Guns

yes id have him a proper nasty bugger just wot we need our squads too nice ,and it would wee wee the grunters off

but with a wee bit of class...