Darren Purse

Summary: He left because of the contract extension he'd have got if he played a couple more games, Wednesday fans are the worst he's played for, he 'had words' with Jeffers because he felt he wasn't being truthful in regard to injuries and had a 'what's the point?' attitude, never saw eye to eye with JJ who he believes would be a top 4 player if he had JOC's attitude.

Really good honest interview, and I still think he's a top bloke.

The fans turn up in big numbers and there were only two games I felt the atmosphere was good, the Sheffield United and the Crystal Palace games. Sheffield Wednesday fans won't like me saying it but I've played for some great supporters in Birmingham City, Cardiff City and now Millwall where the fans back you no matter what you do, I don't think you get that at Wednesday. I played at Hillsborough when things were good for the club and it was a great place to play football. Maybe I have been spoilt playing for the fans I have.

He's right. Spot on there Darren.

Great interview, great bloke who always tried his best and that's all you can ask for.

Like said before every Wednesday fan needs to read this as the atmosphere at home is destroying us. Wednesday fans away from home are amazing, but at home some are little short of a disgrace.

Great, but sad read really. Open and honest, home truths told and the interesting part for me was his comments regarding Hillsborough and the home crowd.

We have terrific away support. Amazing most of the time.

The home support is flipping poo though and has been for as long as I remember.

I particularly like the forget about the past and look to the future comment.

For too long some people at Hillsborough compare, talk or expect players like David Hirst, Chris Waddle etc. to walk out of the tunnel.

We need to live in the now.

Hillsborough could and should be an awesome place to play at, but lets be honest, it's not is it?

Says a lot about the drunken boo boys..

I sit about 15 rows in front of these knobs on the North.

I cringe every time I hear the pathetic boos and "you're not fit" chants.

flipping ridiculous. No wonder our players look like they don't want to be there. I bet they're so happy when the final whistle goes.

Great to hear a honest interview with a player for a change, Purse comes across as a decent bloke,

we will have to take his criticism of the Hillsborough atsmosphere on the chin.

Seems he also agrees with fans about the poor attitude of some of the players and feels its the main reason we went down last season,

I would say the problem has been even worse this year.

Credit to the OP for the interview.

Rarely do I read an interview with a player that it is actually genuinely interesting.

I wish they were all like this - but sadly, and somewhat understandably, they're just full of the same old tired soundbites.

Purse comes out of that sounding like a tob bloke too.

I'm glad that a former player has blown apart the myth about what a great place Hillsborough is to play at and what great fans we have. The place is bloody awful to watch football at with all the moaning the second one pass goes astray.

Some of our fans at home are an embarrassment with the treatment and singling out of players, Chris Brunt, Glenn Whelan, Darren Purse to name a few recently going back to John Sheridan and even Chris Waddle.

How the negativity can be eroded I don't know and in truth I don't think it will be as its ingrained now in people, but the longer Hillsborough benefits the other teams more than us the longer we will be crap.

I'd have him back in a second, I don't mind players coming out and having a go back at the fans, he's got a point, he got a lot of unnecessary flack.. Plus players like JJ need someone like him in the dressing room to stop them trying to be the big shot. Can't wait till he's shipped out, he sits quite firmly in my 'CBA Club' including FJ9, Esajas, and clarke

I sit about 15 rows in front of these knobs on the North.

I cringe every time I hear the pathetic boos and "you're not fit" chants.

flipping ridiculous. No wonder our players look like they don't want to be there. I bet they're so happy when the final whistle goes.

Agreed, I've given up going this season (also due to the fact that my job ends in 2 weeks) but i've never had this little enthusiasm..If I could afford it id be tempted to go to some away matches..

I can't wait to go up the leagues so some positive fans return and drown out the gobby shites..If I hear a f*ckin song about a flute and the IRA again...ffs