Why he has to go

Well written Producer ,I for one have had these thoughts since last season and they have never altered ,

And every loss cements this feeling even more ,having played the game from 15 years old in senior teams at a decent level ,until i retired at 53 believe it or not :biggrin: ending up in the over 40s league , i can catagoricaly state that the nice managers get no where ,the ones that achieve are the no nonesence types ,

So i am afraid mr Irvine falls into the first catagory , without the ruthless streak he is flying against the wind AND will achieve precicely nothing, He should have gone last season's end to be honest,

The fans understandable affection and thanks to Mandaric should not cloud their judgment of Irvine nor be confused with disloyalty,either to the Chairman nor or the club.

Irvine's only response to the team's withering predicament is " keep working hard and hopefully the results will come..." Hardly inspiring is it?

He must go.

Great post - I selected the above 2 lines being particularly pertinent.

You're right - there is no disloyalty in wanting change at the managerial level given the results since he was appointed. Even more so given he has failed to capitalise on the additional resources he has had at his disposal from the first day of the season compared to other managers at this level.

Hard work is all well and good and no doubt honorable - but I'd rather have a manager who did half an hour a day as long as he had us in the automatic promotion shake up. It's a results business with all the risks that entails.

As I said Trevi....I'm sure MM would have been much less patient if he had taken over the club a few weeks earlier?

No-one can say he hasn't given the manager every chance over the last few weeks - but we're in a rut and sadly AI just does not have it in his armoury to get us out of it..... even in lowly League 1 :sad:

Time for Kevin Keegan?

As a club, I think we have been crying out for ages for an inspirational and charismatic managerial appointment - be that Keegan or anyone else who could capture the imagination and inject fresh energy to the fans, the players and the staff....

For me that kind of appointment would be the first on the list - it would be a tangible signal of ambition, bring bums back on seats, give an immediate cash boost and also help us to attract even better quality loan players.... upward spiral rather than downward spiral...

As a club, I think we have been crying out for ages for an inspirational and charismatic managerial appointment - be that Keegan or anyone else who could capture the imagination and inject fresh energy to the fans, the players and the staff....

For me that kind of appointment would be the first on the list - it would be a tangible signal of ambition, bring bums back on seats, give an immediate cash boost and also help us to attract even better quality loan players.... upward spiral rather than downward spiral...

Keegan would be a wonderful appointment.

He inspires players, makes them feel like world beaters.

The complete antithesis of Earl Grey.

We need someone who will inspire the fans, put bums on seats, and motivate these players.

A new manager could bring all these. Irvine is too focused on drilling dvd after dvd of the opposition into their heads and making P'boro et al look like world beaters.

He changed the line-up last night to 'cope' with their threats. We had just come off the back of a 4-1 win, what can that do for the players confidence who have been dropped?

We need a fresh approach now, whilst the season is just about saveable.

Get Sheridan, Keegan or even Roland Nilsson in. Someone who will unite the fans and breath some optomism round the club, because I like many others are feeling rather deflated right now!

Too much chopping and changing each match. That's what happens when you change things to counteract the other team instead of just setting up the strongest side and telling them to go out and play. Did Peterborough change things round to stifle us? Did they flip. They went out and played the way they have all season regardless of who they were playing.

Their manager obviously doesn't have any coaching badges.

I would still maintain that AI will be replaced this season. My guess is MM is waiting until a suitable replacement has been found and secured.

It really is only a matter of time now. The worrying thing is whether this will leave sufficient time for the new man to make a difference this season.

I would still maintain that AI will be replaced this season. My guess is MM is waiting until a suitable replacement has been found and secured.

It really is only a matter of time now. The worrying thing is whether this will leave sufficient time for the new man to make a difference this season.

Why wait though? We bunged McAuley in as manager the other year and he did ok.

I know it was strange to see all the changes made last night, but going forward we looked ok.

AI can take some portion of blame, but it was Giles Coke who cost us the game last night for me. Isolated on his own with the ball, and our players waiting in the box for a cross, he tried to beat two men, lost the ball and hence Potter got sent off for the tackle.........and from then it was goodnight Wednesday. With 11 v 11, I think we would have taken something from the game.

The one thing that stood out for me all the game, and has done from the first time they've played, Mark Reynolds and Michael Morrison are absolute garbage, clueless or whatever comment you care to make. If they continue to play we'll be relegated. Just because they are young, it's no excuse, they just haven't got what it takes.

As soon as I read that we hoped to bring in six new players in January I was worried. A typical knee jerk reaction when things aren't going right smacking of total desperation a la Middlesbrough or Celtic; get a shed load of new players in and one or if you're lucky two might hit it off. Except of course that at that time we were second in the table which obviously shows that there wasn't a great deal wrong. Whether the new guys are good enough remains to be seen but what is evident is that the defence now doesn't seem to know each other from Adam; you simply cannot change that vital part of the team so radically. And we wait until the day before transfer deadline day to strengthen midfield which was the area crying out for new blood.

Absolute shambles.