Why he has to go

1. The heffernan issue is now just ridiculous and irvine must be putting personal issues before the club.

2. Up until the Exeter game we had the best defensive record in the league. 1 knee jerk reaction later and 3/4 of the defence is replaced with players who are no where near as good as those they have replaced and we look like conceeding every time we are attacked.

Morrison is poor, r.Johnson continues to give the ball away in very dangerous positions and I've seen nothing in reynolds to say he's better than jones or spurr

3. Yeovil went down to 9 men with 20 mins to go......we struggle to score 1 and get a point

We go down to 10 men with 20 mins to go, Peterborough go for the jugular, score 3 and bag all the points

I can't see any positives for him staying. Bye Alan.

Good points but not convinced that our new defenders are worse than purse, beevers and spurr. Morrisson and Reynolds were both highly recommended, same with Johnson but I agree he has a habit of giving the ball away. I think the fact our midfield is so poor is putting considerable pressure on the defence and hence why it is buckling so easily.

This is like a never ending nightmare.

It's a real shame that MM wasn't able to take over the club 6 weeks earlier, as he would have seen enough and called time long before now. The chopping and changing of the team is ridiculous and on the field we are just as much as a shambles as we were last season, except a league lower.

It's commendable to be loyal, but not at the expense of the club.

MM should not wait a moment longer - we cannot afford to be cut further adrift from the play-off places - and these are our only hope of getting promoted now.

Too much chopping and changing each match. That's what happens when you change things to counteract the other team instead of just setting up the strongest side and telling them to go out and play. Did Peterborough change things round to stifle us? Did they flip. They went out and played the way they have all season regardless of who they were playing.

Their manager obviously doesn't have any coaching badges.

I think we can get to the playoffs with the squad we have.

But it clearly needs someone to motivate them and give them belief, some stability and consistency and we're in desperate need of a general on the pitch.

The constant chopping and changing - even before we signed all these new players - is a critical cause of the problems. Not just in those picked but also how they seem to be going out to different instructions from one match to another.

Anyone would be confused and that's why the fans often complain that we look like a team of strangers.

Too much chopping and changing each match. That's what happens when you change things to counteract the other team instead of just setting up the strongest side and telling them to go out and play. Did Peterborough change things round to stifle us? Did they flip. They went out and played the way they have all season regardless of who they were playing.

You got there before me :biggrin:

Nail on the head.

You got there before me :biggrin:

Nail on the head.

The thing is, when walker et al have levelled this at him he says it's not true, he doesn't worry etc. They then pass this on to callers who claim it. Then Alan comes on the radio and admits he changed the team to counteract peterboro. He also played 4 central midfielders against Bournemouth(?) at home to nullify their threat. He admitted this in his post match interview yet people are happy to be told the opposite is true. He over analyses instead of letting the opposition worry about us. Plays into their hands and the results are plain to see.

I'm getting more wound up the more I think about it.

I've stated plenty of times before that when Big Ron was in charge, players were lifted by 20%.

If a similar type of manager was in charge of this squad, they would all feel they were the best footballers in this division. They would then go out with the attitude that "I'm better than the individual I'm playing against"!

Some of the players have this attitude, e.g. Teale thinks "I'll murder this fullback" JJ thinks " I can beat them for pace" as for the rest do they actually go out there believing? I'm not sure they do!

Well said Ranchrat.

Management is not only about badges - it's about making players believe they are invincible (even if they're not)....

^^^^^^^^^^^

Managers motivate and inspire people - not bombard the **** out of them with statistics, tactics etc.

You know what Trevi....I'd take him tomorrow overseeing a younger promising manager.... his enormous experience would be a huge asset to an up and coming manager keen to learn as well as an immediate boost to the morale of the dressing room....

He might be getting on, but it's a fool who places no value on experience....

TBH I wouldn't mind him getting back involved if he was up for it. Obviously long term it's a no-go, but for 3 1/2 months?

I'd bet every penny I own that we would finish the season higher than we are now! We would hit the playoffs and would you bet against us if he was in charge?

according to what he was saying in one of his videos i reckon the man would walk over broken glass to come back to hillsborugh,

and for people who thinks he would'nt commute the last i heard he was helping out at gainsborough , if true or not i don't know but its what i was told .

according to what he was saying in one of his videos i reckon the man would walk over broken glass to come back to hillsborugh,

and for people who thinks he would'nt commute the last i heard he was helping out at gainsborough , if true or not i don't know but its what i was told .

Guest The Producer

This is like a never ending nightmare.

It's a real shame that MM wasn't able to take over the club 6 weeks earlier, as he would have seen enough and called time long before now. The chopping and changing of the team is ridiculous and on the field we are just as much as a shambles as we were last season, except a league lower.

It's commendable to be loyal, but not at the expense of the club.

MM should not wait a moment longer - we cannot afford to be cut further adrift from the play-off places - and these are our only hope of getting promoted now.

Good post Darryl.

Irvine has lost the plot completely ( did he ever possess it?) and unless a change is made immediately, we have no chance whatsoever of promotion through the play-offs( automatic promotion is long gone!) and yet another season will have been written off ( and we'll still be stranded in League One).

Everyone applauds the fact that Mandaric has taken the club over (as the sole owner).It was much needed and timely after years of incompetence and mismanagement by the previous board and past club management... but this tepid charade of backing the manager is absurd if he genuinely wants a chance of promotion this season.

Irvine's soporific post match comments are becoming predictable,embarrassing and quite ludicrous ( in fact, all rather Turneresque! )...he simply cannot inspire players,does not display a healthy understanding of tactics ( despite all those badges...) and when Plan A does not work is unable to offer an effective alternate strategy for our hapless footballers to adopt. All this childish drivel of "he's a nice bloke and hard-working" is pathetic and quite irrelevant...he's been here over a year.He failed to prevent us being relegated and now he's failed to steer us into a realistic position ( by February) from where we might achieve promotion. It was his brief to keep us in the Championship and it was a specific set goal for us to achieve instant promotion back to said Championship this season.Unless he is quickly removed this goal will not be achieved and as stated already we will be consigned to yet another wasted season ( within the bigger picture of getting back to the Premiership).NOTHING he has shown to date inspires any confidence whatsoever in his abilities and that he is able to reverse our disappointing form.

Of course, as Mandaric is the owner, he is entitled to do whatever he wishes... but aside from the poor results and form to date, the obvious downturn in attendance and the underlying fan feeling that his tactics are producing poor,turgid football are two matters which Mandaric surely cannot ignore any longer. The fans understandable affection and thanks to Mandaric should not cloud their judgment of Irvine nor be confused with disloyalty,either to the Chairman nor or the club.

Irvine's only response to the team's withering predicament is " keep working hard and hopefully the results will come..." Hardly inspiring is it?

He must go.

Edited by The Producer