The 'should I go tomorrow' thread

Thats the spirit! I'm sure she wont mind. :biggrin::ph34r:

That's a true Owl if I've ever seen one, sure she'll not be fussed!

see you on the kop then biggrin.gif

Good on yer mate, sure she'll understand.

God how i remember the days when being in love was the only thing that stopped me going to the match, Errrr thinking about it no i dont, Give her a few quid for some retail therapy and tell her you will fetch some chips in for supper.

Just read these replies out to her. She laughed, and then said "You can go, but if you do, you wont be getting any"... :blink:

Do what i do...Kid yerself on....

I pretend i'm not going to go, then about 12 ish i decide to nip out for a pint, its cold, so i put a scarf on...that blue and white one will do.

I then wonder where to go for a drink...maybe round Hillsborough somewhere, so off i go, fully intendin' to simply have a pint and browse round Wilkinsons...So i get to Wilkinsons, and its packed...so i decide to have a walk round Hillsborough park...then i need the toilets....there is none...so i nip down Penistone rd...pay £15 cos i'm burstin'...find meself in the ground...watch the game.....its only pretend...i din't really want to go....ive bought a season ticket for them toilets for years...

:laugh:

I recognise the symptoms, many times I've had a good reason to stay away (I had to take the night shift off for Yeovil) At the end of the game both my son and I said we weren't bothered about Hereford. The following morning my son had changed his mind and wanted to go, so I bought tickets for the South. I should be worked until 6pm on saturday, but a colleague is coming in to take me off at 12.00 so I can go. Yet again I am taking time off, asking favours (which will need to be repaid at some point) all to watch Wednesday. I'm having to suffer disruption by not being able to sit in the part of the ground where I've been sitting since the sixties, no doubt some over zealous steward will try to spoil my enjoyment of the game. Why do we put ourselves through this?

It beats the hell out of me. :biggrin:

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

If we had won the last few league games then this would seem like a by into the next round but Irvine knew that wouldn be much fun, now we are all desperate for a win and the chanve to get a big time charlie from the PL!!

Tomorrows match could well be very very interesting on the pitch

Guest Saturday Owl

Sex or Sheffield Wednesday? Wednesday wins every time to be fair, can either be a bad shag that is so poo poo you want to die, but when it's good it's the best feeling in the world.

:rolleyes:

Guest intercity0wl

can anyone help me out im getting into sheffield station at around 1:30 where do i go from there when i get there, tram from city centre? which one? I'm based near york but usually drive down.

By Supertram

Take the South Yorkshire Supertram (signposted from the Railway Station) towards Middlewood Road (yellow route). Exit at the Leppings Lane stop, which is a short walk from the ground.

By Bus

From the Railway Station, Flat Street Bus Terminus is a one-minute walk - cross over at the pedestrian crossing, and follow the signs. Bus numbers 53, 77 and 80 all run from Flat Street to Hillsborough.

From Angel Street, buses 74 and 74a run to Hillsborough.

From Snig Hill, buses 85 and 86 run to Leppings Lane.

From the Sheffield Transport Interchange, bus 57 runs past the ground towards Stocksbridge.

On matchdays, bus frequency should be roughly every 15 minutes.

Can think of plenty of reasons to go, sadly I can think of a few not to,

Anyone else struggling to decide?

The question you have to ask yourself is, "if we were playing Man Utd, would I go?". If the answer to that question is, "yes", then get yourself down there, because it's Wednesday you're going to support, not the opposition.

:laugh:

I recognise the symptoms, many times I've had a good reason to stay away (I had to take the night shift off for Yeovil) At the end of the game both my son and I said we weren't bothered about Hereford. The following morning my son had changed his mind and wanted to go, so I bought tickets for the South. I should be worked until 6pm on saturday, but a colleague is coming in to take me off at 12.00 so I can go. Yet again I am taking time off, asking favours (which will need to be repaid at some point) all to watch Wednesday. I'm having to suffer disruption by not being able to sit in the part of the ground where I've been sitting since the sixties, no doubt some over zealous steward will try to spoil my enjoyment of the game. Why do we put ourselves through this?

It beats the hell out of me. :biggrin:

Its strange how we arrange our working lives around watching the wednesday... :biggrin:

God how i remember the days when being in love was the only thing that stopped me going to the match, Errrr thinking about it no i dont, Give her a few quid for some retail therapy and tell her you will fetch some chips in for supper.

Money and chips! Sir you are a disgrace to the Yorkshire nation. Give her some money tell her to buy some potatoes and have the chips ready for you on your return from the match