The 'should I go tomorrow' thread

I'm meeting my son who's at Uni in Sheffield, tram to Hillsborough around 12 for a few beers, (any suggestions for pubs would be helpful as it's years since I've not had to drive up), then down to the game.

God knows why but I'm looking forward to it - probably cos it'll be great getting pissed with the boy!!

I'm meeting my son who's at Uni in Sheffield, tram to Hillsborough around 12 for a few beers, (any suggestions for pubs would be helpful as it's years since I've not had to drive up), then down to the game.

God knows why but I'm looking forward to it - probably cos it'll be great getting pissed with the boy!!

Guest Saturday Owl

Bought my ticket last week, sitting on KOP so hoping that the South and KOP will make some noise.

Hopefully a safe passage to round 5 then Torquay at home.

Can't make tomorrow as the wife is dragging me to Barbados so I'll be in flight whilst the game is on. Have briefed my Dad to text the result so I get it when we land.

I'll be at Tranmere, round 5 (fingers crossed) and Bournemouth.

Guest Saturday Owl

Can't make tomorrow as the wife is dragging me to Barbados so I'll be in flight whilst the game is on. Have briefed my Dad to text the result so I get it when we land.

I'll be at Tranmere, round 5 (fingers crossed) and Bournemouth.

Shame mate, would have made sure the flight was booked for after the match. :biggrin:

Anyway have a nice time and hope you come back with a good tan!

I've worked all week, and only have tomorrow off before another week of work. It's the only day I will get to spend with my girlfriend before we have another week of hardly seeing each other.

When it comes down to a choice of spending £20 to sit in the cold watching us attempting to break down Hereford, or spending the day with my girlfriend... Well, it's not really a choice at the moment.

Do what i do...Kid yerself on....

I pretend i'm not going to go, then about 12 ish i decide to nip out for a pint, its cold, so i put a scarf on...that blue and white one will do.

I then wonder where to go for a drink...maybe round Hillsborough somewhere, so off i go, fully intendin' to simply have a pint and browse round Wilkinsons...So i get to Wilkinsons, and its packed...so i decide to have a walk round Hillsborough park...then i need the toilets....there is none...so i nip down Penistone rd...pay £15 cos i'm burstin'...find meself in the ground...watch the game.....its only pretend...i din't really want to go....ive bought a season ticket for them toilets for years...

Edited by asteener1867

I've worked all week, and only have tomorrow off before another week of work. It's the only day I will get to spend with my girlfriend before we have another week of hardly seeing each other.

When it comes down to a choice of spending £20 to sit in the cold watching us attempting to break down Hereford, or spending the day with my girlfriend... Well, it's not really a choice at the moment.

Thats the spirit! I'm sure she wont mind. :biggrin::ph34r:

Guest Saturday Owl

That's a true Owl if I've ever seen one, sure she'll not be fussed!

see you on the kop then biggrin.gif

Guest James-The-Owl

Good on yer mate, sure she'll understand.

Guest intercity0wl

God how i remember the days when being in love was the only thing that stopped me going to the match, Errrr thinking about it no i dont, Give her a few quid for some retail therapy and tell her you will fetch some chips in for supper.