Getting some atmosphere in Hillsborough, need to sort a singing section

The only problem with the kop is that people like myself moved away to get away from the band. If it was on the Kop we'd still have to sing over "When the owls go marching in" when nobody wants to sing it. Also to create the "away day" atmosphere you have to be close to the opposition fans.

And although I like the idea posted earlier of having it be season ticket holders only (to easily identify any dickheads breaking the law), I think having a few hundred (or whatever) spots on general sale per match would be a good idea too because people are sure to think "rumbleing hell they're having a party up there every match no matter what's happening on the pitch, I want a piece of that myself".

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

Guest SWFC-Kier

The away end of the North is the best for atmosphere in my opinion, just isn't full enough. :mellow: Then you look to your left and can't see one person standing or singing. :blink:

Bring back a standing section on the Kop, reduce the price and you will bring back a lot of fans who have turned their back on Wednesday. We never used to have a problem creating an atmosphere on the Kop, once they had put a roof on it. The last decent atmosphere at Hilsbrough was against Kaiserslaughtern and the capacity on the Kop had been reduced drastically because of a stupid European ruling. Supporters seem to have lost their voice, since the all seater grounds, it is like being at home watching it on the box.

Dont get me wrong, the atmosphere against Kaiserslautern was brilliant, but there have been many as good at Hillsborough since then. I think that this is turning into one of those Urban Myths or Folklore. Some of the games against United spring to mind, Barnsley a few years ago wasnt bad, Brentford in the Play offs and Crystal Palace the last game of the season also spring to mind.

Get like minded fans together again, with no gimmicks like the band and the atmosphere will sort itself. Wednesday fans can make an hell of a noise on the road sometimes. Get those people together at home and it will be brilliant.

Couldn't agree more with the OP,

Why everyone doesnt sit together though is beyond me, the kids on the kop must have figured out there are a large bunch of lads who stand at the top of the north and vice versa, so why not everyone who wants to sing move to the kop or north stand away end?

Because the kid's are getting priced out of the north stand, 14 quid for a child is a disgrace.

Dont get me wrong, the atmosphere against Kaiserslautern was brilliant, but there have been many as good at Hillsborough since then. I think that this is turning into one of those Urban Myths or Folklore. Some of the games against United spring to mind, Barnsley a few years ago wasnt bad, Brentford in the Play offs and Crystal Palace the last game of the season also spring to mind.

Get like minded fans together again, with no gimmicks like the band and the atmosphere will sort itself. Wednesday fans can make an hell of a noise on the road sometimes. Get those people together at home and it will be brilliant.

Blackburn in the league cup semi final was an amazing atmosphere.

We would be better using the west stand for home fans totally. Move the away fans to the South Stand, in the last block(s) closest to the West. A few positives here:

The west could be the same price as the kop for home fans.

The stand appears to have the best accoustics of all at Hillsborough

It has a great view

Lower west could be used for unreserved seating for pay on the day fans arriving before a certain time.

By sitting away fans in the south stand we get the benefit of being able to charge them the dearest price in the ground and screw them over like we generally are!

I sit with my lad in the north, block D but it's like a bloody morgue most if the time. He's too young to be up withe the lads who make a noise week in week out BUT something needs to be sorted. I'm fed up of tinpot clubs coming along and making more noise than us. The kop you can hardly hear, south has died a death, something needs to be done to create an atmosphere, you can't rely on the poo poo served up on the pitch to get the crowd going, these things work both ways. Sorry to say as much as I am a Wednesdayite our fans at times wouldn't inspire me.

I love the T section of the North :)

Best memory for the season from it came against Huddersfield when their bloke faked a head injury, told to get off the pitch and had a North stand screaming 'Wednesday gonna get you' all in unison pointing at him - the blokes reaction and reluctancy to step off the pitch infront of the baying crowd that night was fantastic.

Then there was the Palace game - whilst it ended gruesome, for the most part the atmosphere was electric (yes I know it was a situation that we will never experience again - what are the chances of it coming down to how it did?!).

I would def prefer either everyone collaborating in the North away end, or in the West stand just for the simple fact I think it is far more involved when you have the lead chants near the away end. Yes there will be morons who think shouting 'Wednesdays gonna get you' means you actually must go outside and throw a brick at them, but the banter adds to the evening imo.

Particularly pleasing that the stewards happily leave us all on the North to stand and do as we please as well these days I must say.

The Kop is the traditional singing section, if the lads from the north would come on the kop,where all the lads used to be,it would be problem solved.

I know everyone has there favourite views etc, but why not get all the guys who go in the north and south stands who sing and stand etc and get them to all come back on the kop,

lets be honest they only go on there to taunt and be near the away fans, im sure together they could get something going !!!!

only downside would be that we would probably end up one steward per fan on the kop knowing how we do things

need to start lowering prices for non season ticket people, Hereford for non season ticket holders is £15 ea on kop, thats outrageous

Minimum price allowed set by the FA for FA cup games.

Other games have got to stay the prices they are otherwise buying a season ticket would be pointless. The only other option would be to reduce ST prices as well, which can't happen mid way through a season.

the edge of the south stand towards the away end would be best for this.

Also Ive noticed ont he kop the people that stand sing more but on our kop you got told off for standing up, so its very unlikely that we'll get a singing group together :mellow:

The problem with standing is that it's not allowed. Hence why there are seats in all the stands. There's a whole other debate about this but it's highly unlikely we will ever have standing areas in UK football again. certainly never at Hillsborough. If a steward tells you to sit down they are doing their job.

Traditionaly all the people who wanted to SITDAAARRNN went in the north and south stanf leaving the like minded lads to sing, shout and jump about like loons on the kop making a tremendous racket which whe sustained for long enough would get the south stand lot " rattling their jewellry". God i miss those days.

Guest unitedowls

This is no myth, go on Youtube and listen. If the Kop hadn't been limited even more than normal, then I dread to think what noise the Kop would had made. I felt totally safe with 20K on the Kop end and the kids of today haven't a clue, what it used to be really like. But then again when do I ever see kids playing on the local park or street like we used to, it maybe a little too exciting for them on the old terraces.

Edited by unitedowls