Getting some atmosphere in Hillsborough, need to sort a singing section

Guest Buxtonian

Why don't people FORGET the idea of standing Yes, it would be marvellous, but it is still a ruling that Premiership and Championship Clubs MUST BE ALL SEATING.

This came about because of the Taylor report into the 'Hillsborough Disaster', and I would venture to suggest that, even with a change in the Rules, ours would be the last ground to receive permission, unfortunately. And it's no good blaming the club or the stewards for enforcing the rules. The club has far more at stake ensuring that people sit, than spectators have in standing when they should be seated. Until the rules are changed, we are simply wasting time and effort attempting to get the club to alter rules it has no chance of altering.

Maybe we should be addressing other more important items of crowd behaviour. I am speaking of the incident referred to in the club statement regarding the throwing of coins from the Kop on Tuesday evening after the Equalizing goal from THE RADIATOR. This will be included in the referee's report to the FA who will decide if further action will be taken. This is one incident which must be laid fully at the feet of the Wednesday fans. It is a very dangerous act for anyone other than a mindless idiot to participate in, and as a lifelong Wednesdayite, I can only hope that the culprit is identified from the videos of the match, and banned forthwith.

What hope have we as spectators of getting the club and the safety Officials to open up the West Stand to Owls supporters, in such close proximity to away spectators, when they cannot behave on their own 'territory'?

Theres no chance of much singing tomorrow unless you want to be moaned and comlpained about (we are in the south!!!!) saw somone get told to shut up at the Northampton game or be ejected??? He was singing FFS. The North is the place to be for a song and great atmosphere.

I sit with my lad in the north, block D but it's like a bloody morgue most if the time. He's too young to be up withe the lads who make a noise week in week out BUT something needs to be sorted. I'm fed up of tinpot clubs coming along and making more noise than us. The kop you can hardly hear, south has died a death, something needs to be done to create an atmosphere, you can't rely on the poo poo served up on the pitch to get the crowd going, these things work both ways. Sorry to say as much as I am a Wednesdayite our fans at times wouldn't inspire me.

I sit with my lad hes a bit too young too but i would like more of an atmosphere and so would he, he loves to sing and bounce....

This is one incident which must be laid fully at the feet of the Wednesday fans

Why should the other 16 and half thousand fans be tarnished because 1 nobber threw a coin? I honestly can't see this going any further than checking the CCTV and trying to find out who did it. If the club end up with a fine or anything like that then it's a flipping joke. The tool should be picked out from the CCTV and banned from every football ground in the country.

When you watch matches on TV you always see things getting thrown at players when the are taking throw in's, corners free kicks etc, there is nothing any club can do to stop it, it will always happen. Every club has it's fair share of dicks who choose to act childishly like this.

So to correct your statement - This is one incident which must be laid fully at the feet of the Wednesday FAN!

At the back of the kop near gangway 2. There's me and my mates. The chavs and then the kids who sing and we look down the kop and everyone else is sat with their thumbs up their arses. The Barmy army song get's going and dies off. Just need it to carry a bit longer which will get the players going. Basically like away day's are like song for 5 minutes then another song.

The north stand leppings lane upper is the stand to be in. We have a few young uns which is a good thing as they never give up and back you up when some one starts a chant. I would massively consider moving to a segregated singing area. What is a saturday evening with a sore throat after 90 mins of none stop singing