Getting some atmosphere in Hillsborough, need to sort a singing section

Since it changed to all seater stadiums its got worse as we all know. Night matches used to be something special when you could stand with your mates and sinh and shout as much as you wanted. Now you just get told to sit down so most people sit shivering in silence.

All seater is no good for your 5 home games a season fan as

many dont go because they cant get sat with your mates.

I would love to see the back of the kop standing with the bottom half seated for families.

I know many people wont agree with me but i feel the band have contributed to the lack of singing with them dictating what songs we sing. Theres no spontenaety or quick witted little songs to incidents anymore. I feel the band have created an almost false atmosphere and the latest generation dont know what to do when the band arent in to guide them.

Winning, entertaining, passionate games help of course but these are few and far between.

MAYBE IM JUST GETTING OLD BUT IT AINT LIKE IT USED TO BE AND UNTIL SOME SORT OF SAFE STANDING AREAS RETURN TO FOOTBALL STADIUMS THE ATMOSPHERE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.

It can be done just look at the German league.

I totally agree as I am getting old too but its just a dream. It will not happen. The onlyway to inject more atmosphere into S6 is

a) Better team performances = happier crowd = more atmosphere

b) closing down parts of the ground until we get in the prem so that people are together and that will create the atmosphere of a small tight ground simalar to Upton Park. At this moment in time the ground is too big for our needs and the crowd is too spaced out. Sad but imo true

Me and my mates would be well up for this, we sing none stop and start songs etc ... away from hillsborough, but its not really possible where we sit at Hillsborough, im sure alot are in the same boat :mellow:

Hope we can arange something, as it would be good !

Exactly. I have tried on many occassions to start songs off at Hillsborough (apart form the usual 3 or 4 which get repeated by the chavs) and you just get funny looks and no one bothers to join in.

Completely different when you are away from home because everyone is there for the same thing.

We need to find a way to get the atmosphere back and if thats a singing section then so be it. Even if only 600 turn up every home game, those 600 made more noise than the rest of the ground and IMO thats better than complete silence.

The S/T idea for the West Upper's a superb idea. Make it as cheap as the kop and I'm a buyer.

Like said though, only Wednesday would have a reason not to do it.

I reckon we should have the upper, away fans can have the lower and if they need it they can have the corner too. With away fans that spread out they won't be able to make so much noise and we can drown them out!

I'd happily move my season ticket up to the west stand if it was to be a singing section. It was nice to have a sing at a home game and Not be frowned upon.

^^^^^^^^^

This :biggrin: what amazed me was the amount of cordoned off area , like has been said earlier in other grounds it`s a line of stewards but we seem to only be happy if theres a six foot wall razor netting and gun dogs to part us , and now it seems that you can only come to Hillsborough if you politely clap as the teams come out then sit in silence and politely clap at the end . And I have been going to Hillsborough since the eighties and I always heard more swearing in the school yard than I ever heard at the football , but now if you utter an expletive your a cross between Myra Hindley and Fritzl :angry:

The only problem I can see Wednesday seeing with this is that it wouldn't be feasible to open all the stands or the ground would look too empty if everyone moved to the upper west.

In my opinion the singing section is a great idea and I would love to see it implemented. Even if it meant the far side of north stand. (Even though some kopites may not be able to afford the extra). That way We could charge the bit extra for the experience to improve revenue. (£40 for people who sit on the kop to move for the rest of season would be a reasonable fee)

Unless the club get behind the idea it's pointless and this topic might as well be deleted. It needs to come from them to reach enough people to make a difference. Like on the diagrams of the ground both online and on paper it needs to show that the club consider a certain area of the ground to be a 'singing section'. It needs to be the club saying "if you want to sing, if you want to actively create an atmosphere with like minded fans we recommend you sit here".

Guest unitedowls

Bring back a standing section on the Kop, reduce the price and you will bring back a lot of fans who have turned their back on Wednesday. We never used to have a problem creating an atmosphere on the Kop, once they had put a roof on it. The last decent atmosphere at Hilsbrough was against Kaiserslaughtern and the capacity on the Kop had been reduced drastically because of a stupid European ruling. Supporters seem to have lost their voice, since the all seater grounds, it is like being at home watching it on the box.

Guest Buxtonian

As far as I'm aware, you can sing in any part of the ground. It's not against ground regulations. The main problem is getting together a group that want to sing, regularly.

Oh and the little matter of there being something happening on the pitch to sing about. Would have thought the first thing you want is a song that everyone knows and that applies only to wednesday, not the usual boring old 'The referee's a bishop basher etc.

I wish we did have a singing section

but i would love it in the kop for obvious price reasons

If we could recreate the upper west stand atmosphere every match win or lose then i think it would be great

i go to football mainly for the enjoyment and atmosphere... sometimes a few songs at the start and when we score just does not cut it.

As far as I'm aware, you can sing in any part of the ground. It's not against ground regulations. The main problem is getting together a group that want to sing, regularly.

Oh and the little matter of there being something happening on the pitch to sing about. Would have thought the first thing you want is a song that everyone knows and that applies only to wednesday, not the usual boring old 'The referee's a bishop basher etc.

We did that on Tuesday.

There was f*ck all happening on the pitch worth singing about but we still kept it going for most of the match.

If the club endorsed it I reckon we could get 1,500-2,000 up for it, and that's a number that'd easily drown out any visiting team. Plus if you've got constant singing from one area it spreads around the ground and maybe as a consequence it would liven up the other stands.

We did that on Tuesday.

There was f*ck all happening on the pitch worth singing about but we still kept it going for most of the match.

If the club endorsed it I reckon we could get 1,500-2,000 up for it, and that's a number that'd easily drown out any visiting team. Plus if you've got constant singing from one area it spreads around the ground and maybe as a consequence it would liven up the other stands.

plus its encouraging to players when there is nothing on the pitch worth singing about cause it can inspire them more to do it for the fans and discourage the opposition