Getting some atmosphere in Hillsborough, need to sort a singing section

Fact is, at home our fans as a whole only really sing when we're winning. When we're putting teams under heavy pressure (yes we have managed that a couple of times this season despite the footballing goliaths we find ourselves playing every week) we get the "COME ON WEDNESDAY" on corners etc but not much else.

Arsenal have a singing block where stewards turn a blind eye to standing, they make a bunch of noise and it's full of the people who think the away day atmosphere should be there at home games too. I know the club can't condone standing but add your marketing magic to something along the lines of "want to sing? get yourself in here". A lot of the people who were on the West Stand on Tuesday enjoyed it despite the poo poo football and humiliating result and have said they'd get a season ticket up there if they could and were surrounded with like minded fans. Imagine what it could be like if we got more people to buy into it (I know some didn't bother on Tuesday despite having tickets, and others didn't move their seat because of the hassle).

Our big problem is that our 'willing singers' are spread out which is something me and Miffed were discussing in another topic, we're both sat on the Kop and want to sing but nobody around us sings so we don't bother. Even if it's not on the West stand, I strongly believe we need to put a 'singing section' somewhere, we're getting mugged off on the pitch by minnows, but we don't need to get shown up in the stands too do we? Getting Ole'd by Bournemouth at Hillsborough and having no response? F*ck off.

Fact is, at home our fans as a whole only really sing when we're winning. When we're putting teams under heavy pressure (yes we have managed that a couple of times this season despite the footballing goliaths we find ourselves playing every week) we get the "COME ON WEDNESDAY" on corners etc but not much else.

Arsenal have a singing block where stewards turn a blind eye to standing, they make a bunch of noise and it's full of the people who think the away day atmosphere should be there at home games too. I know the club can't condone standing but add your marketing magic to something along the lines of "want to sing? get yourself in here". A lot of the people who were on the West Stand on Tuesday enjoyed it despite the poo poo football and humiliating result and have said they'd get a season ticket up there if they could and were surrounded with like minded fans. Imagine what it could be like if we got more people to buy into it (I know some didn't bother on Tuesday despite having tickets, and others didn't move their seat because of the hassle).

Our big problem is that our 'willing singers' are spread out which is something me and Miffed were discussing in another topic, we're both sat on the Kop and want to sing but nobody around us sings so we don't bother. Even if it's not on the West stand, I strongly believe we need to put a 'singing section' somewhere, we're getting mugged off on the pitch by minnows, but we don't need to get shown up in the stands too do we? Getting Ole'd by Bournemouth at Hillsborough and having no response? F*ck off.

Totally agree. Get the West stand open for home fans and puut the away fans in the corner or something. We should be drowning out those who travel to Hillsborough, but they pretty much take the wee wee.

At the back of the kop near gangway 2. There's me and my mates. The chavs and then the kids who sing and we look down the kop and everyone else is sat with their thumbs up their arses. The Barmy army song get's going and dies off. Just need it to carry a bit longer which will get the players going. Basically like away day's are like song for 5 minutes then another song.

At the back of the kop near gangway 2. There's me and my mates. The chavs and then the kids who sing and we look down the kop and everyone else is sat with their thumbs up their arses. The Barmy army song get's going and dies off. Just need it to carry a bit longer which will get the players going. Basically like away day's are like song for 5 minutes then another song.

And that's what I'm talking about. We have a pocket of fans at the top of the Kop, a handful in with Tango, then the away end of the North stand. How about getting all those people together in one place so they can make some serious noise?

It needs to be endorsed and advertised by the club though (including making it easy to swap your season ticket to the singing area if you've already renewed somewhere else before you heard about the initiative), it's going to be near impossible to make it happen otherwise.

Totally agree. Get the West stand open for home fans and puut the away fans in the corner or something. We should be drowning out those who travel to Hillsborough, but they pretty much take the wee wee.

With the guys and gals up there on Tuesday made a difference because for a rare time I could hear songs from the north and south stands. Does need a thousand or so fans up there.

And that's what I'm talking about. We have a pocket of fans at the top of the Kop, a handful in with Tango, then the away end of the North stand. How about getting all those people together in one place so they can make some serious noise?

It needs to be endorsed and advertised by the club though (including making it easy to swap your season ticket to the singing area if you've already renewed somewhere else before you heard about the initiative), it's going to be near impossible to make it happen otherwise.

I know me and my mates would be up for that. And John with his brilliant white hat singing honalulu Wednesday :biggrin:

A pay on the day unreserved block of 3000 seats on the kop would do the job. It would just upset anyone currently owning season tickets for the area chosen. Would never happen as with the unofficial attempts at this firstly on the South stand then the North. The club deems the fans who wish to sing shout stand and swear as undesirable scum. Why not let owls of a feather flock together and leave the families and thermos huggers in peace

Guest intercity0wl

I know there will be a perfectly good reason why we cannot have a S/T only policy in the upper West stand for home supporters who want to do exactly as they did on Tuesday evening, although if the excuse of segregation is used i would like to know why at many if not all the top grounds in the country supporters are now regulary only seperated by a few rows of netting and a line of stewards.

Think back to Newcastle last year where the Geordie lads were up there further round on the same level as us,also Middlesborough, Derby and Forrest where they were close by and in the case of Forest it as exactlyT he same as it would be at our place with home supporters sat above us.

A season ticket only policy in this area would make it easy to find and deal with anybody wanting anything other than to create the atmosphere that at the moment is sadly lacking, but i said im sure there will be a Wednesday only reason why we cannot do it.

The away end of the North stand is pretty much the singing section in my eyes, just move there.

Agree. Already got a head start up there with the 100/200 who already sing. Obviously a bias oppinion because thats where i sit/stand.

You will never get just one section singing, simply because people wouldn't be willing to move seats, i.e i wouldn't be willing to move from the north to the kop because i prefer the view in the north. And vise versa. Shame really.

Couldn't agree more with the OP,

Why everyone doesnt sit together though is beyond me, the kids on the kop must have figured out there are a large bunch of lads who stand at the top of the north and vice versa, so why not everyone who wants to sing move to the kop or north stand away end?

I've always thought the club should take a relaxed view to standing above the scar on the kop. The usual response when people talk about legalising standing areas is what about children and old people, well if a senior can get their way to the top of the kop they should be okay standing. Could then stop selling tickets to U13 for this area as well (I know that's probably controversial). Then advertise it as the singing section.

Could always offer incentives to get people to move there and sing. ST holders could get a £1 off token for renewal each game that the atmosphere from that area is good for a certain amount of time. Although again I see this would be controversial and could get a bit of stick from others about trying to buy the atmosphere.

I agree entirely, though the atmosphere is mostly the same for most grounds around the country for the home teams, eg only cheering when winning. IMO I can't see fans putting an effort in vocally as long as AI is in charge.

Since it changed to all seater stadiums its got worse as we all know. Night matches used to be something special when you could stand with your mates and sinh and shout as much as you wanted. Now you just get told to sit down so most people sit shivering in silence.

All seater is no good for your 5 home games a season fan as

many dont go because they cant get sat with your mates.

I would love to see the back of the kop standing with the bottom half seated for families.

I know many people wont agree with me but i feel the band have contributed to the lack of singing with them dictating what songs we sing. Theres no spontenaety or quick witted little songs to incidents anymore. I feel the band have created an almost false atmosphere and the latest generation dont know what to do when the band arent in to guide them.

Winning, entertaining, passionate games help of course but these are few and far between.

MAYBE IM JUST GETTING OLD BUT IT AINT LIKE IT USED TO BE AND UNTIL SOME SORT OF SAFE STANDING AREAS RETURN TO FOOTBALL STADIUMS THE ATMOSPHERE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.

It can be done just look at the German league.