Patience & Support

Guest captain_purse

Irvine is the man who makes the decissions on the pitch , Therefore Irvine is accountable , WHEN WE BOUGHT NEW PLAYERS IN THE SUMMER , The excuses were oh the players need time to gell, how long does that take then players are not morons they adapt quicker than you think, any other club who buy new players seem to sort it quick enough , since then we have had myriads of excuses ,covering up Irvines ineptitude in management , when will it end .

None of this is about MM it's purely and simply about Irvine and his management skills they do not come in DVD form i am afraid .

He has none of the atributes to be a manager ,success on the pitch proves that ,we aint had any have we ,

How much more failure will it take before the penny drops that this manager is simply not up to it?

Your post seeks to excuse the failings and look for yet another piece of driftwood to hang onto to justify sitting on the fence.

From what I've seen and experienced, as a group of fans, we've been THE most patient in the last 10 years whilst the club has all but been destroyed by those who asked for (and sadly received) more time.

The support given to the manager by the fan base has been patient and excellent since his appointment, but a limp relegation and a terrible season so far in League 1 is enough justification to have an opinion that he should walk.

That is NOT to be confused with supporting the club or MM. If MM has a different opinion about the manager then we can agree to differ respectfully and time will be the arbiter.

I totally believe that this manager is not the right manager for the club, never has been and I am entitled to my opinion which I form based on facts. So, with the greatest respect, it's always easy to look for reasons not to do something (let the team settle etc) but when it's clearly not worked, what is the point of appeasement? Doesn't that hold the club back by allowing it to suffer for longer? That's what happened with the last regime and a fat lot of good it did looking for excuses for them.

But the problem here is that we have seen a year's worth of this poo and so have had plenty of time to formulate our opinion. MM, on the other hand, hasn't and he would hardly have expected his first job to be replacing the manager. I'm sure he will have asked plenty of people "in the know" about Irvine whilst he was doing the takeover deal; doubtless they will all have said he's a great coach, stick by him blah blah blah.

It doesn't surprise me that he is giving Irvine every opportunity to try and get it right but MM also strikes me as the sort of person who is very aware of what the ordinary fan is saying. I honestly believe that a Plan B is taking shape as we speak and it's not a question of if but when. And I would say that unless tomorrow night is a convincing win then the "when" will be Wednesday morning.

To paint Hillsboro' as a hotbed of radicalism & agitation is almost beyond belief

- a fanbase too accepting of the party line & not radical enough is more like it.

Mr. Irvine is the only manager in my memory who can put fans off going even when we win,

a pretty savage indictment of the way he sets the team up to play.

Patience and Support??????????

I have been supporting this club since 1967. Thats 40+ years. In all that time I reckon I've witnessed about 8 good seasons. I think I've been patient enough. No other club of our size in this country has endured such massive under achievement. I'm sick of being patient.

I don't post very often love to read. But here's my 2 pence worth on things.Mandaric saved us from admin, at least 10 points deduction and possibly getting picked up on the cheap by Mick Wright & Co. What has he asked in return? Patience and support. Twice now, but we obviously aren't listening.We've been financially secure for circa 1 month. We have almost replaced the whole back 4. We still need a CM or 2 and a winger. We are going to finish in the top 6. No doubt in my mind. Chill out a little.Forums are great for letting off steam but you lot have got yourselves and each other wound up into 1 hell of a frenzy.Just chill your beans, if Alan Irvine can't do it once things have settled down after recent whirlwind changes on and off the pitch, then he will go. Simple as that. He has been here through some very turbulent times. Doesn't he deserve more than 1 month of this new era?A team is not built over 1 summer or 1 transfer window. Adding players of quality to a good side is possible in a short time but rebuilding a shambles of a team takes time.We made changes in the summer and now look to be in the process of replacing those we couldn't shift on or replace before now. We need midfielders. I'd bet my left testy we have made inquiries about midfielders but no team wants to lose good players half way through a season. Who is good enough and available right now without breaking the bank? We can't bring in players who aren't available or have better offers in higher divisions. Wait and see what happens before the window closes before getting your knickers in a twist.Please stop saying we have the strongest squad on paper, Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton all have better teams than we have had for the majority of the season. It's not just about names on a team sheet. It's about having the right combination of qualities to be an effective unit. We've not had that for a couple of seasons now. We had a good enough team to make the top 6 and we will make the top 6. The new signigns are a vast improvment over what we had but they've only been here 1 or 2 league games. History shows this is a tough division to get out of.Mandaric can see this and is doing something about it and I think he deserves our patience and support for now. It wont last forever but, 1 month in and we're losing patience with his strategy because it includes our latest hate figure? Really that is poor. Embarrassing really.

I wish I felt like you do, I really do. The problem for me is not the results themselves its the manner of the performances. I could accept the results if we were playing well or looked like we were about to turn the corner. But the fact of the matter is we don't. There's nothing in our recent perfromances to suggest that we are capable of putting together any kind of winning run under Irvine. I go into every game fearing the worst at the moment. We're going into a game against Yeovil tomorrow and I'm thinking to myself how on earth are we going to win this one. This is not the situation we should be in.

Isn't this just the polite version of my old favourite - 'PAY UP, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, F*CK OFF' ?

How many more years of 'give him a chance', 'it will all work out' and 'this is not the time to make a fuss'? Irvine has had a level of backing none of his predecessors have had in the last 11 years and he is abjectly failing with them. He got us relegated from one divisions with his unadventurous, defensive brand of boreball and the way things are going it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might repeat the trick. At the moment, we still have a chance to rescue this season, but each week of failure makes that opportunity less and less likely.

Guest captain_purse

OK 1 last post for today you'll be pleased to hear. :rolleyes:

No I'm not saying sit down pay your money and shut up. I'm saying at least for the time being, give Mandaric the patiences he's asked for. Eventually the good will of him saving our arse will run out if things don't go the way we want. But it's been a month FFS. He has asked for patience and for now he deserves that from us.

If that includes concentrating on backing the team and manager and giving them a chance from now until Mandaric decides Irvine has to go, then so be it. He deserves that much from us. Not saying we should follow Mandaric blindly forever but at least give him a chance for now.

This is not “apathy” or any other of Owlstalk's favourite & overused words and it's not a wind up either.

I touched on a few of the reasons I think Mandaric decided to give Irvine a chance, but this is not a pro-Irvine thread. We could argue the throw about Irvine all day. It would be pointless because I wont change anybody's mind and I don't really want to.

What a bunch of bloody drama queens. :biggrin:

I'm saying at least for the time being, give Mandaric the patiences he's asked for. Eventually the good will of him saving our arse will run out if things don't go the way we want.

What absolute drivel.

Mandaric was a businessman when he bought us and he will be when he sells us.

Who are you to second guess what Mandaric thinks?

Mandaric has his own reasons for not getting rid of Irvine - and they are probably not yours.

Patience and Support??????????

I have been supporting this club since 1967. Thats 40+ years. In all that time I reckon I've witnessed about 8 good seasons. I think I've been patient enough. No other club of our size in this country has endured such massive under achievement. I'm sick of being patient.

Good post and perfectly correct except:

You have been watching a couple of years more than me so I assume 66/67 and 67/68 were good years because I am struggling to remember 8 good seasons :biggrin:

Irvine has got to go IMO. I don't go that often anymore so when I see my team play live it's real treat for me. I went to orient because I had never been to their ground. Talking to their.fans a lot of them think they will be in div 4 next year. They are a tiny club averaging 4k attendances. Because of our support they had their biggest crowd of the season a massive 6.5k!

There can be NO excuses for Saturday it is the worst 45 mins I have ever seen given the opposition. I went to Cambridge when we lost 4-0 but Cambridge had possibly their best ever team. I was at highbury when we lost 7-1 but it was the Gunners. I had only travelled from the midlands the bloke next to me had travelled from Scotch Corner! Irvine and quite a few of the players betrayed that mans dedication

MM fire him. Irvine take your money and go!