Patience & Support

Guest captain_purse

Guest captain_purse

I don't post very often love to read. But here's my 2 pence worth on things.

Mandaric saved us from admin, at least 10 points deduction and possibly getting picked up on the cheap by Mick Wright & Co. What has he asked in return? Patience and support. Twice now, but we obviously aren't listening.

We've been financially secure for circa 1 month. We have almost replaced the whole back 4. We still need a CM or 2 and a winger. We are going to finish in the top 6. No doubt in my mind. Chill out a little.

Forums are great for letting off steam but you lot have got yourselves and each other wound up into 1 hell of a frenzy.

Just chill your beans, if Alan Irvine can't do it once things have settled down after recent whirlwind changes on and off the pitch, then he will go. Simple as that. He has been here through some very turbulent times. Doesn't he deserve more than 1 month of this new era?

A team is not built over 1 summer or 1 transfer window. Adding players of quality to a good side is possible in a short time but rebuilding a shambles of a team takes time.

We made changes in the summer and now look to be in the process of replacing those we couldn't shift on or replace before now. We need midfielders. I'd bet my left testy we have made inquiries about midfielders but no team wants to lose good players half way through a season. Who is good enough and available right now without breaking the bank? We can't bring in players who aren't available or have better offers in higher divisions. Wait and see what happens before the window closes before getting your knickers in a twist.

Please stop saying we have the strongest squad on paper, Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton all have better teams than we have had for the majority of the season. It's not just about names on a team sheet. It's about having the right combination of qualities to be an effective unit. We've not had that for a couple of seasons now. We had a good enough team to make the top 6 and we will make the top 6. The new signigns are a vast improvment over what we had but they've only been here 1 or 2 league games. History shows this is a tough division to get out of.

Mandaric can see this and is doing something about it and I think he deserves our patience and support for now. It wont last forever but, 1 month in and we're losing patience with his strategy because it includes our latest hate figure? Really that is poor. Embarrassing really.

Guest captain_purse

I'll tell you what was embarrassing, stood at Leyton listening to the chants of "Easy, Easy" as we yet again capitulated to a pile of poo .

Yeah it was embarassing when Plymouth beat us 4 -1 or Reading beat us 6 - 0 but we went on to finish 12th that season and nobody remembers those embarassing results anymore.

Do you think Mandaric deserves what he's asking?

Edited by captain_purse

Yeah it was embarassing when Plymouth beat us 4 -1 or Reading beat us 6 - 0 but we went on to finish 12th that season and nobody remembers those embarassing results anymore.

I honestly believe that Mandaric has or either is now, lining up Irvine's replacement, so on that respect, yes he does.

Irvine got us relegated without a fight.

Has shown us nothing this season to suggest he's got what it takes to get us out of this awful league.

He is frankly an awful manager.

Nobody on the other hand is having a go at Mandaric, and rightly so, he is the saviour of our club.

Irvine on the other hand will make us waste another year in this god awful league.............thanks Alan.

Guest greenways

Mandaric saved us from admin, at least 10 points deduction and possibly getting picked up on the cheap by Mick Wright & Co. What has he asked in return? Patience and support. Twice now, but we obviously aren't listening.

We've been financially secure for circa 1 month. We have almost replaced the whole back 4. We still need a CM or 2 and a winger. We are going to finish in the top 6. No doubt in my mind. Chill out a little.

Forums are great for letting off steam but you lot have got yourselves and each other wound up into 1 hell of a frenzy.

Just chill your beans, if Alan Irvine can't do it once things have settled down after recent whirlwind changes on and off the pitch, then he will go. Simple as that. He has been here through some very turbulent times. Doesn't he deserve more than 1 month of this new era?

A team is not built over 1 summer or 1 transfer window. Adding players of quality to a good side is possible in a short time but rebuilding a shambles of a team takes time.

We made changes in the summer and now look to be in the process of replacing those we couldn't shift on or replace before now. We need midfielders. I'd bet my left testy we have made inquiries about midfielders but no team wants to lose good players half way through a season. Who is good enough and available right now without breaking the bank? We can't bring in players who aren't available or have better offers in higher divisions. Wait and see what happens before the window closes before getting your knickers in a twist.

Please stop saying we have the strongest squad on paper, Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton all have better teams than we have had for the majority of the season. It's not just about names on a team sheet. It's about having the right combination of qualities to be an effective unit. We've not had that for a couple of seasons now. We had a good enough team to make the top 6 and we will make the top 6. The new signigns are a vast improvment over what we had but they've only been here 1 or 2 league games. History shows this is a tough division to get out of.

Mandaric can see this and is doing something about it and I think he deserves our patience and support for now. It wont last forever but, 1 month in and we're losing patience with his strategy because it includes our latest hate figure? Really that is poor. Embarrassing really.

0Well said.I was not having a go at Mandaric,I was just trying to see a different point of view.Its the lobbers who are baying for blood at every away game who need to go.If somebody is Wednesday,then they should have our support,whoever they are,good or bad.Crying for blood all the time just destroyes our players and inspires the opposition,players and fans alike

Guest captain_purse

Irvine got us relegated without a fight.

Has shown us nothing this season to suggest he's got what it takes to get us out of this awful league.

He is frankly an awful manager.

Nobody on the other hand is having a go at Mandaric, and rightly so, he is the saviour of our club.

Irvine on the other hand will make us waste another year in this god awful league.............thanks Alan.

I'm not saying you are having a go at Mandaric, but twice now he's asked for patience and what does he get? Nothing but ranting and raving about the Manager. Irvine will go when the Chairman decides. Like it or not. He wants us to concentrate on getting behind the team and most of us do, but logging on to here today to see threads about protesting and chanting for Irvine to be sacked suggests Mandaric is being ignored. I've no doubt Mandaric won't have the full support of our fan base forever but 1 month in, I bet he's wondering what he's let himself in for.

I think we've become militant as a fan base and can't just relax and let the club get on with it without having a cause to fight.

For what it's worth I agree totally with every thing you have written.

Every ardent Owls fan wants success for the club, and more importantly, wants it yesterday.

Milan Mandaric is an ardent Owls fan, and to prove it he has invested millions of pounds of his own money, which none of us has done. He will want success to arrive as quickly as anyone else.

He understands the situation better than anyone else, so lets leave it to him to sort out, instead of tearing ourselves and the club to pieces.

I'm not the most patient of people myself, but I think we are causing more harm than good at the moment.

Posts like this are pointless.

It's just waffle.

It's almost like these sort of views come from people just wanting to be different. "I know, everyone is against Irvine. How can I be different and put a point across defending him?"

And the answer is to come out with drivel like this..."We are going to finish in the top 6. No doubt in my mind. Chill out a little."

Just how do you come to that conclusion? It's not certain we are going to finish in the top 6. There certainly is doubt about it. And if we "chill out" for any longer, the chances of finishing in the much coveted play-off place will decrease even further!

The stats are there for all to see. One point from a possible 12, is not promotion form. A aggregate score of 2-12 in our last four away games, is not promotion form. Having lost 10 games out of 24, is not promotion form. We have a manager who has taken us from the Championship to mid table in League One, despite been backed substantially in two separate scenarios. That is not an indication things will improve.

And, finally, even if we ignore all of that evidence...why should the play-offs be good enough?! This squad, pre Janaury signings, was good enough for the Championship, according to our manager. The club expected automatic promotion this season. That aim is now all but over. So what makes the play-offs acceptable?

It's waffle...complete waffle, with no basis to your argument.

Guest captain_purse

Posts like this are pointless.

It's just waffle.

It's almost like these sort of views come from people just wanting to be different. "I know, everyone is against Irvine. How can I be different and put a point across defending him?"

And the answer is to come out with drivel like this..."We are going to finish in the top 6. No doubt in my mind. Chill out a little."

Just how do you come to that conclusion? It's not certain we are going to finish in the top 6. There certainly is doubt about it. And if we "chill out" for any longer, the chances of finishing in the much coveted play-off place will decrease even further!

The stats are there for all to see. One point from a possible 12, is not promotion form. A aggregate score of 2-12 in our last four away games, is not promotion form. Having lost 10 games out of 24, is not promotion form. We have a manager who has taken us from the Championship to mid table in League One, despite been backed substantially in two separate scenarios. That is not an indication things will improve.

And, finally, even if we ignore all of that evidence...why should the play-offs be good enough?! This squad, pre Janaury signings, was good enough for the Championship, according to our manager. The club expected automatic promotion this season. That aim is now all but over. So what makes the play-offs acceptable?

It's waffle...complete waffle, with no basis to your argument.

Ok your opinion differs to mine, I put our recent form down to changes on and off the pitch having an effect. Before Mandaric came we were 2nd in the table. It was once out form started slipping when everyone started with the "false position" stuff. We were there on merit until mid December at least IIRC .

Mandaric decided after speaking with the manager we needed better players now and for the long term. Making changes does effect form. It will for any team and we're no exception. We are just short of the top 6 now, have games in hand over some teams and I think we'll pick up enough points to finish in the top 6 easily. Not waffle. If you think our recent form and position and other teams recent form and position wont fluctuate between now and the end of the season then you might as well just call the rest of the season off and hand out the prizes. Don't be silly, you're just waffling. :biggrin:

Yeah and we are 12th again only this time it's league one with the biggest budget in the division, not the Championship with one of the lowest.

Guest captain_purse

Yeah and we are 12th again only this time it's league one with the biggest budget in the division, not the Championship with one of the lowest.

Form is fleeting. It's where we finish that counts. Budget doesn't win anything, it's the qualitry of player and combination of player that does. Not how many zero's are on their pay slip.

I know I won't change anybody's mind. Just stating my view.

Bye for now. :happy:

How much more failure will it take before the penny drops that this manager is simply not up to it?

Your post seeks to excuse the failings and look for yet another piece of driftwood to hang onto to justify sitting on the fence.

From what I've seen and experienced, as a group of fans, we've been THE most patient in the last 10 years whilst the club has all but been destroyed by those who asked for (and sadly received) more time.

The support given to the manager by the fan base has been patient and excellent since his appointment, but a limp relegation and a terrible season so far in League 1 is enough justification to have an opinion that he should walk.

That is NOT to be confused with supporting the club or MM. If MM has a different opinion about the manager then we can agree to differ respectfully and time will be the arbiter.

I totally believe that this manager is not the right manager for the club, never has been and I am entitled to my opinion which I form based on facts. So, with the greatest respect, it's always easy to look for reasons not to do something (let the team settle etc) but when it's clearly not worked, what is the point of appeasement? Doesn't that hold the club back by allowing it to suffer for longer? That's what happened with the last regime and a fat lot of good it did looking for excuses for them.

Mandaric will get my patience and support.

Alan Irvine won't. Purely down to his disastrous reign with us so far. He is the ONE thing that is now holding this club back. It simple to remove the problem and then we can finally get on the road to getting out of this hell hole of a division.