I have a dark secret...

Guest jimbob

It is not a hidden secret, for me. Couldn't careless that his Club is/was Untited.

I think Warnock is a top, top, top man.

Charisma and passion with a high media profile and a great sense of humour.

Virtually begged for the job last year after Palace knocked us out of the Cup.

Something to prove against United after they and Bean shafted and humiliated him royally.

He would be a welcome guest at my table anytime.

One of the last characters in football, but a bit like marmite.

Unfortunately, most Wednesday fans hate him.

Even more than Lee Hughes.

Never going to happen.

In my weakest moments, I secretly, very secretly, wish warnock wasn't a blade.

I feel dirty - sorry.

I'd have him regardless.

He was hounded out at the pigs and what better way to show them what they missed, by taking their biggest rivals to the premiership.

tbh he's probably doing that at QPR.

Didnt he once state in the star hed love to manage wednesday and take them down to the conference !!! Goin back a few years tho be like chalk n cheese him at s6

Didnt he once state in the star hed love to manage wednesday and take them down to the conference !!! Goin back a few years tho be like chalk n cheese him at s6

That was when he was in charge of United and had to say things like that the appease the knuckle dragging grunters.

After he left them, he said that he was fond of Wednesday and used to go to some Owls games as a kid (when the blunts were away IIRC)

He said that he used to love standing on the Hillsborough kop.

He acknowledged that Wednesday are the bigger club and have a massive fan base and went on to say that he would love to manage Wednesday one day.

Most of Warnock's success came a long long time ago. He eventually got the Pigs promoted for 1 relegation season. Getting QPR up will be his 2nd promotion in the last 15 year (I think). Mixed signings to, FFS he signed Leon Clarke! :biggrin:

Decent Manager, not exceptional.

Most of Warnock's success came a long long time ago. He eventually got the Pigs promoted for 1 relegation season. Getting QPR up will be his 2nd promotion in the last 15 year (I think). Mixed signings to, FFS he signed Leon Clarke! :biggrin:

Decent Manager, not exceptional.

I agree there would have been no guarentees. And, he has been used to a big budget with his promotions.

Some of his purchases have left a lot to be desired - Akinbaye and Horsfield, to name a couple.

But I would have had him nonetheless. Just to wee wee the Blunts off. He has a lot of experience of this standard of football.

I also think he has said recently, we are the biggest Club in Yorkshire.

But nobody was going to take that risk. And it would have divided the fan base, no doubt.

Warnocks downfall was changing his style of play. For some reason, he thought that they were safe and started trying to compete with teams on a footballing level. Had he carried on with the same footballing philosophy that got them promoted, i.e kick the poo out of teams and get in their faces the same as Stoke did / do then Im convinced that they would have avoided the drop.

United made the biggest mistake ever in sacking Warnock. I have absolutely no doubts that he would have gotten them back up especially with the parachute payments.

We have Sean Bean to thank for getting Warnock sacked - what a legend.

United made the biggest mistake ever in sacking Warnock. I have absolutely no doubts that he would have gotten them back up especially with the parachute payments.

We have Sean Bean to thank for getting Warnock sacked - what a legend.

Agreed.

And Mcabe and Robson for compounding the error. :laugh:

That was when he was in charge of United and had to say things like that the appease the knuckle dragging grunters.

After he left them, he said that he was fond of Wednesday and used to go to some Owls games as a kid (when the blunts were away IIRC)

He said that he used to love standing on the Hillsborough kop.

He acknowledged that Wednesday are the bigger club and have a massive fan base and went on to say that he would love to manage Wednesday one day.

Where did he say this? i havent seen anything like that. But it would change my opinion of him if i did.