Daggers Vs The Owls

Guest Essexguy

Seems a bit unfair on Irvine to be critical of him in regards to a quote that wasn't even made by him (unless he enjoys talking about himself in the third person).

I'm assuming that quote by some random SWFC spokesperson was paraphrased from what Irvine actually told them, which for all we know could have been something along the lines of, "I have no interest in the Wales and England match because our fans being able to watch SWFC play at an appropriate time and day is more important."

Lost interest in the England team as soon as Shrek opened his mouth to have a blast at the people who had paid all that money to support him and the other Mardy prima donna's supposedly show pride and passion while wearing the shirt, Wednesday over England everytime for me now.

totally agree

Guest Essexguy

Fancy this one, day drinking in London then tube to the match, hope it stays on the Saturday.

be aware that there are engineering works most weekends on the District Line......so check before you leave!

I have already offered a lift to one of your supporters who came on our forum asking for help....

Fancy this one, day drinking in London then tube to the match, hope it stays on the Saturday.

The downside being there'll be thousands of pissed up Taffy chavs looking to fight everything and anything in London that day

They normally do replacement bus services don't they?

They do but they usually take masses longer - so plan that into your journey or look for alternatives

H&C is closed weekends

Bugger :biggrin:

For some reason I get the feeling you can't go from Tower Bridge to Upminster but you could go from Upminster to Tower Bridge? Might be wrong but if you can you can just get the train from West Ham to Upminster and then jump on the train...if not i've got no idea :laugh:

Guest Buxtonian

If the match is in Cardiff, what the F++k has it got to do with the Wed v Dag game? Football clubs and their supporters are mucked about too much by television,nternational Games, the reserve cf marrying the Manager's cousin's second daughter, any trivial excuse. Let's get back to Football Matches being played on a Sat Aft. k.o.3.00p.m.

Havent these people got recordinig machines ffs?

Absolutely in the eyes of most Wednesday fans i'm sure you're right - but that wasn't my point - my point was Irvine seems to have taken this decision unilaterally without any regard for fans - it would maybe have been nice for the fans to have come into consideration and at least had some form of consultation - then Irvine could have said something like" we're not gonna switch the fixtute cos our fans don't want us to" type thing....

Depends if they mean a different time on the same day, or say, postpone to a midweek night. I wouldn't want another game rearranged to a Tuesday.

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, AIs only consideration in this case should be "will it help or hinder the team itself" and the fans shouldnt come into it at all. Lets face it, as it's an away game, we aren't getting any of the money from gate receipts, so why should we care if the attendance is 10% lower?