Daggers Vs The Owls

Guest Essexguy

Guest Essexguy

Hello owls ,

The game against us (Dagenham & Redbridge) at Victoria Road clashes with the Wales vs England Rugby Match....

Apparently, the two clubs have been in conversation regarding whether the game can be shifted to another time etc......on the request of some supporters from both sides.

Below is the link with regards to this...... The posting from Simmo, is the club photographer/local journalist involved with the club

http://www.daggersforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1192

Im guessing that if some of you are really determined, then contact your club to get the times/dates changed.

Edited by Essexguy

Hello owls ,

The game against us (Dagenham & Redbridge) at Victoria Road clashes with the Wales vs England Rugby Match....

Apparently, the two clubs have been in conversation regarding whether the game can be shifted to another time etc......on the request of some supporters from both sides.

Below is the link with regards to this...... The posting from Simmo, is the club photographer/local journalist involved with the club

http://www.daggersforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1192

Im guessing that if some of you are really determined, then contact your club to get the times/dates changed.

Nobody cares about eggchasing up here.

Guest Essexguy

You're right guys......I was watching a tv programme and they mentioned Rugby...... I somehow wrote Rugby, not sure how my brain works sometimes.

Sorry for the confusion..........

We tried hard. A 3pm Saturday kick off with the game live on ITV will detract from the attendance.

A lot of Sheffield Wednesday fans wanted us to move the kick off time too. We thought a Sunday game might boost the attendance but also gave them the option of a Friday night game just incase they prefered that. After their refusal to move the day of the game we offered a different time on the Saturday. Their final response was, "The Sheffield Wednesday manager, Alan Irvine, says he has no interest in England or Wales so will not agree to move from the original 3pm Saturday kick off."

who cares. wednesday match is always more important than yet another poo england game.

Absolutely in the eyes of most Wednesday fans i'm sure you're right - but that wasn't my point - my point was Irvine seems to have taken this decision unilaterally without any regard for fans - it would maybe have been nice for the fans to have come into consideration and at least had some form of consultation - then Irvine could have said something like" we're not gonna switch the fixtute cos our fans don't want us to" type thing....

Guest Triplej2

Absolutely in the eyes of most Wednesday fans i'm sure you're right - but that wasn't my point - my point was Irvine seems to have taken this decision unilaterally without any regard for fans - it would maybe have been nice for the fans to have come into consideration and at least had some form of consultation - then Irvine could have said something like" we're not gonna switch the fixtute cos our fans don't want us to" type thing....

TBH virtually everything Irvine does and says wee wees me off.

Guest intercity0wl

who cares. wednesday match is always more important than yet another poo england game.

Lost interest in the England team as soon as Shrek opened his mouth to have a blast at the people who had paid all that money to support him and the other Mardy prima donna's supposedly show pride and passion while wearing the shirt, Wednesday over England everytime for me now.