north west terracing

Guest normyowl

Guest normyowl

After watching the abysm first half performance last saturday, I was getting tired of the half time entertainment of watching the grass grow, when I went for a walk to the rear of the North Stand by the North West Enclosure. On looking up for inspiration I noticed that all the reinforcing bars from the concrete were still sticking out of the concrete on the North West Enclosure. Is this work still on going or have the bars been forgotten to be cut off?

Thinking further to how they played in the first half, I thought what a wonderful place it would be to do what they did in medieval times. Cut the heads off and put them on the bars sticking out. We could have put club captains, managers and piggies up there.

To most pig supporters it makes the ground unsafe and a rusting ground that's falling down.

What i believe they are actually there for is so if the ground is ever expanded/ developed it would make it easier to incorporate the current stand. The problem is it looks un finished, and the likelyhood of the ground being redeveloped any time soon is pretty slim.

The original idea, was to leave the reinforcing bars (extending out from the concrete) so that the corner could be readily extended higher, to the same level as the top of the North Stand.

However, this has never been done since I think there were planning issues with regards to blocking natural light to the Vere Roaders !

I think the re-developed 3D images of the NW corner shows this area at the same height as now (but leveled-off) and the proposed roof area angled up from the back.

I would think the exposed bars will be cut off for a new facia when (if) this work commences.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

They need to clad the caging - I can remember Newcastle pi$$ing on everyone below after losing 2-1 in the first match back in Div. 2 in the '80-81 season - a skinny kid called Waddle came on as a sub for geordies who ran like an old codger and looked knackered after 5 minutes, I seem to remember..... :rolleyes:

They need to clad the caging - I can remember Newcastle pi$$ing on everyone below after losing 2-1 in the first match back in Div. 2 in the '80-81 season - a skinny kid called Waddle came on as a sub for geordies who ran like an old codger and looked knackered after 5 minutes, I seem to remember..... :rolleyes:

how did he go on in footy...ever hear of him again??? lol