• Teale
    • The Radiator
    • JJ
    • Morrison C
    • Mellor
    • Ostemibor
    • Reynolds

Guest MARKOWLS

I still think the captain should be a new midfield general.

good shout dykwim defo a midfielder for captain, keeper not much good , need a player out there in the middle ..........UTO

I have come to the conclusion that many of you are total 'tards! :biggrin:

You are suggesting people as captains who you have never met and who you know nothing about their football knowledge, motivational skills, leadership qualities and level of respect from their colleagues. Despite all this it is me who is being criticised!

Many of the people being suggested have only ever pulled a shirt on for the club a couple of times, one of them has never even played for us!

I have seen James O'Connor mentioned by several posters. Is this the same James O'Connor who everyone keeps criticising and who we know will not be in the team in a few weeks time?

Some of you do make me chuckle. If you care so much about a subject why don't you learn about it a little?

* Touchpaper lit, stand back! lol

You are suggesting people as captains who you have never met and who you know nothing about their football knowledge, motivational skills, leadership qualities and level of respect from their colleagues. Despite all this it is me who is being criticised!

Many of the people being suggested have only ever pulled a shirt on for the club a couple of times, one of them has never even played for us!

I have seen James O'Connor mentioned by several posters. Is this the same James O'Connor who everyone keeps criticising and who we know will not be in the team in a few weeks time?

Some of you do make me chuckle. If you care so much about a subject why don't you learn about it a little?

Touchpaper lit, stand back! lol

Edited by OWLSTERS PARADISE

Guest walldanzig

* Touchpaper lit, stand back! lol

Yawn obvious and boring

I voted Weaver, just thinking of experience and guaranteed place in the 1st team, but I've got a feeling it might be Michael Morrison. If not now then long term. Based on the views of Leicester fans and after hearing him speak in 3 interviews. Seems an intelligent lad, comes across really well.

Weaver is our only guaranteed starter, he's consistently brilliant and is clearly popular with the players. The only logical choice

People have said you can't have a keeper as captain, but the importance of captaincy in football is massively overplayed. They don't have to make crucial tactical decisions every few minutes as you do in cricket or even rugby, we just need someone reliable and how they represent the club well off the pitch is more important IMO

You need leaders all over the pitch, but the captain should be first name on the team sheet and only Weaver fits the bill

Can opinions not be based on if they lead by example? Whether they're seen to be tallking on the pitch and how they conduct themselves in interviews?

Jog on Baron w4nker

Edited by bartos

Got to be Nicky. Grew up in Killamarsh round the corner from him. Played the year below him for Killamarsh Dynamo's (at 12 years old he was blatantly gonna make it pro), then I was at Mansfield Towns Center of excellence with him. Absolutely massively underated keeper in the big scheme of things. Never understood why he didn't play earlier in his career at Hillsborough. Pretty sure he's an owl through and through. He grew up watching Wednesday when they were a force in English football, so if anyone else is gonna want it more, and know how much it means to the fans, i'd be very surprised.

Local.

Experienced.

Quality player.

He's got to be top of the list.

Weaver is our only guaranteed starter, he's consistently brilliant and is clearly popular with the players. The only logical choice

People have said you can't have a keeper as captain, but the importance of captaincy in football is massively overplayed. They don't have to make crucial tactical decisions every few minutes as you do in cricket or even rugby, we just need someone reliable and how they represent the club well off the pitch is more important IMO

You need leaders all over the pitch, but the captain should be first name on the team sheet and only Weaver fits the bill

Have to say I agree. I do have my doubts about a keeper being captain but I don't think it's as important as everyone makes out. After all, Spain's keeper is Casillas.