Tommy Spurr to QPR for

Spurr is worth a million maybe two. Sure he would be a great asset to QPR. Will be sad to see him go but I'm sure we'll cope.

If Warnock has a look on here at what we think he will be assured we are all sorry to see Tommy go?

He will be signing a player who gives 110% effort every game. Brilliant on the ball and can defend in any position.

A million ......... Are you sure?

Spurr is worth a million maybe two. Sure he would be a great asset to QPR. Will be sad to see him go but I'm sure we'll cope.

If Warnock has a look on here at what we think he will be assured we are all sorry to see Tommy go?

He will be signing a player who gives 110% effort every game. Brilliant on the ball and can defend in any position.

A million ......... Are you sure?

Are you p*ssed or being sarcastic?

If this is true then its interesting to see how Tommy Spurr is rated by a few managers.

As leaked in those board minutes there was an offer for Spurr of a million (forest?) which was rejected as Irvine felt he was a good player (possibly our only left back at the time?). Prior to that QPR had offered for Spurr and Johnson combined.

I think were in danger of thinning the squad again if were not careful but £1million would be excellent business. I like Tommy Spurr going forward as he is very enthusiastic and tries to make things happen, I thought the step down would let him get settled defensively but its not happened.

Perhaps some managers see the attributes he has, plus a long throw and fancy taking on the challenge of getting him to defend better, close wingers down and defend the back post in the air. Its a lot of work for £1million.

Its quite ironic that any players that may leave are all linked to clubs in the league above though.

Edited by Bluesteel

I think we were talking about you at the time.

He spoke highly of you.

He said you were always active and keen to impress like a Duracell Bunny.

Only without the batteries.

More believable than your faith in Geoff.

Fixed it for you :biggrin:

Thanks.

However why not just tell Warnock not to bother signing him. Long and short of it is I want Tommy out of Hillsborough as much as the next man. (scapegoat calls on their way). He's another who to be fair as been terrible for two seasons. Can't knock his effort for us. However effort alone is no good to us. We MUST clear the dross and continue bringing in players who can actually play to a standard we all demand.

Guest Saturday Owl

If we could sell him for £1M then surely we'll have made a profit this window? Despite bringing four better players in.

THE RADIATOR- 200k?

Morrison- 250k

Madine- 400K

Reynolds- 150k

So we wont make a profit but we'd make back everything we spent by selling poo poo...