Tommy Spurr to QPR for

If we could sell him for £1M then surely we'll have made a profit this window? Despite bringing four better players in.

THE RADIATOR- 200k?

Morrison- 250k

Madine- 400K

Reynolds- 150k

So we wont make a profit but we'd make back everything we spent by selling poo poo...

It wouldnt be £1m up front I wouldnt have thought, but it could cover the cost of a few moves you would think, along with the Tudgay money.

Its hard to tell what our wage and transfer budget is these days anyway!

If Spurr wants a long career in football he needs to totally rebuild his game.

He has lost his defending abilities, likes to get forward but then shits himself and drops the winger in it (not literally)

Shame has he switched his position and was a good stop gap but his game has gone backwards.

I dont believe he's got the mentality in the air to be an effective centre half as he gets murdered at the back post. I really did think that a step down would allow him to sort the defensive side of things back and get some confidence back.

I dont think he's been really poor or anything but the same problems are there that we saw 3 years ago.

PS has Leon Clarke got much of a game for QPR?

I know we've brought in 3 but we can't afford to lose another defender can we?

Reynolds and Jones both play LB but I'd assume Reynolds will be needed more at CB after Purse's departure.

With Hinds not getting a look in, we have, 7 active defenders. I'd say that was about the right amount.

Can't see it being true anyway. But it's hard to predict what will happen with Wednesday these days!

More believable than your faith in Geoff.

I supported Geoff Sheard, Lee Strafford, C9S, TTG and MM SiJ.

They all shared a common attribute, they were all enablers to the change that was required to turn the clubs fortunes around and get us to where we are now.

Some of us could see the only way forward was to actively bring about that change rather than sit back and let our football club die.

I have no problems at all with my role throughout the early change process. I had the vision to know exactly how it would end up, I just wasn't ever sure who held the winning lottery ticket.

Now we know, its time to fall in love with the football club again.

I know we've brought in 3 but we can't afford to lose another defender can we?

Reynolds and Jones both play LB but I'd assume Reynolds will be needed more at CB after Purse's departure.

With Hinds not getting a look in, we have, 7 active defenders. I'd say that was about the right amount.

Can't see it being true anyway. But it's hard to predict what will happen with Wednesday these days!

Reynolds can cover Jones at left back if need be.

R.Johnson, Reynolds, M.Morrison and Beevers are all natural centre halfs, Buxton is also decent there.

And Buxton, M.Morrison and Otsemobor can all play right back.

Our defence is extremely versatile now, and if we were absolutely desperate we could use Hinds or use the loan market. But I think we'd be fine without Spurr.

A million is too much to turn down, but I love Tommy and actually think he'll will come good with decent defenders around him.

Tommy is 24 this year - no longer a youngster.

Bear in mind the defenders we have brought in are 22 and 23 years old it goes to show the gulf in class even at a young age.

Tommy is 24 this year - no longer a youngster.

Bear in mind the defenders we have brought in are 22 and 23 years old it goes to show the gulf in class even at a young age.

True, I tend to forget he's not 18 anymore, I think it's the baby face.

I know we've no time for sentimentalities(sp) on our quest back to the prem, but to disregard one of our own so easily is a slippery slope.

Tommy gives everything, he loves this club and he shows it, yes he's been playing crap for ages, he's slow and cant head for toffee, but I'd like him to be given another chance with someone decent at the side of him for a change.

True, I tend to forget he's not 18 anymore, I think it's the baby face.

I know we've no time for sentimentalities(sp) on our quest back to the prem, but to disregard one of our own so easily is a slippery slope.

Tommy gives everything, he loves this club and he shows it, yes he's been playing crap for ages, he's slow and cant head for toffee, but I'd like him to be given another chance with someone decent at the side of him for a change.

On the contrary.

Its knowing when its the right time to let go for the greater good.