Front two?

Guest S6 Kop Owl

i thought from looking at mellor from the start of the season that he lacked pace, it's true he lacks the pace to shake off a pursuer...and morrison has way less than mellor...i think if we had some movement off the ball, some runs, some space created, we might have made more scoring opportunity's.

one of the easiest things for a defender to do is mark a guy who has no pace, isn't making runs, and can't jump...i think there's room for maybe one of them in the forward line, but not both...heffernan has shown far, far more in way less appearances...and i'm hoping MM has seen it too...

Edited by dnhc

i thought from looking at mellor from the start of the season that he lacked pace, it's true he lacks the pace to shake off a pursuer...and morrison has way less than mellor...i think if we had some movement off the ball, some runs, some space created, we might have made more scoring opportunity's.

one of the easiest things for a defender to do is mark a guy who has no pace, isn't making runs, and can't jump...i think there's room for maybe one of them in the forward line, but not both...heffernan has shown far, far more in way less appearances...and i'm hoping MM has seen it too...

Why is MM picking the team now?

Morrison and Mellor deserve their places in the starting 11. i just wish Irvine would give heff more than 4 minutes a game to turn it around when we need a goal.

Might be worth giving Heff and Madine a start in the FA cup, see whether they can do the job.

I do wonder if Mellor will be staying in Summer though...

Morrison and Mellor, 20 goals between them already. I'd like to see us bring in a quick striker, possibly on loan, and with Madines brawn, that would give us 2 different options from the bench. Sadly Heffernan's future lies elsewhere I feel.