Wins with Coke in the Team vs Matches lost

Since the end of november when we won 8 matches and lost only two since the huddersfield game.....

coke has been injured for pretty much that entire time.

The W/L difference between having coke in the midfield and not having him in is staggering.

We have missed him massively.

I think he has made our defence worse as well because he was that midfielder that broke play up.

With Coke in Team (League Only)

P 15 W 5 D 3 L 7 F17 A 13 - Pts per game 1.2; Goals per game - 1.13; Goals conceded per game - 0.86

Without Coke (League Only)

P8 W5 D 1 L 2 F19 A11 Pts per game 2.0; Goals per game - 2.37; Goals conceded per game - 1.37.

Lies, damn lies and stastics - no matter what the stats say - I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have him straight back in the team!

In all competitions this season:-

WITH Coke (Win Percentage 47.6) -

Played - 21

Won - 10

Drawn - 3

Lost - 8

WITHOUT Coke (Win Percentage 63.6) -

Played - 11

Won - 7

Drawn - 1

Lost - 3

I really don't like this idea since not really fair since opponents change and its never just a case for a simple swap with Irvine. Bring one player and it means a complete re shuffle ie Miller on the wing when coke is fit.

Edited by zakswfc

I really don't like this idea since not really fair since opponents change and its never just a case for a simple swap with Irvine. Bring one player and it means a complete re shuffle ie Miller on the wing when coke is fit.

I completely agree. He'd be one of the first on the team sheet for me when he's fit.

Hopefully the new additions will change things but the stats do indicate that we are/were a more defensive outfit with Coke in the side.

I'd like to look at the sats with Coke and JOC in midfield!

Same here....even though these kind of stats are hugely misleading and don't really give an indication on how good or bad an individual player is.

BTW, where can you get these kind of stats? One of those tables like in the back of the program would be useful but I don't buy programs anymore.