who booed purse

Guest valley owl 2000

Guest valley owl 2000

i cant believe it when i hear fans boo thier own players and i

must say i thought that was disgraceful on saturday and before

people say i pay my money and entitled to voice my opinion

so am I

and my opinion is the club is better of without you

I never booed him until half time although i gave him a earful of expletives(not that he would have heard me but made me feel a bit better) after the worst defending i've seen in a long time for the penalty.

Pretty sure that when I was a kid (7/8 years old) I was taught (and I didn't even play in defence!) not to let the ball bounce and to knock the ball out of play if necessary for the team to re-group. Not let the ball bounce, try and out-muscle the striker, get ripped for pace, so wait for him to get into the box (with the shooting angle getting even more difficult), then jump on the defenders back and rag him down.

Purse did NONE of the basics right, and everything he did was WRONG. That is simply unacceptable for an experienced central defender anywhere in the country, let alone at a professional level.

Guest pac-man

I booed. The guy gets paid a lot of money to do something he loves. He was awful and we deserve a public apology for his poor performance. I have noticed that we have heard nothing from him. If Irvine had not had to change the midfield and striking areas he would have gone off.

The fact he nearly scored an own goal and let the striker in one on one with the keeper in the second half means that the second half was as bad as the first. If he is in the team Saturday then there is something wrong with AI and it's time to go!

I did.

I was angry that purse was picked in the first place, I hoped that Irvine would take him off.

He's been a flipping awful signing. He should never be picked again.

Me too only in hope he'd be taken off, was stunned he didn't

Booing in them circumstances isn't counter productive to someone as error prone as him. If anything I'd say total opposite be true

I didnt boo , when he chopped the player down , I bellowed 'flip OFF PURSE YOU flippingDONKEY' , but I couldnt boo a wednesday player

Is it not the same?

so am I

Morning Darren

Fair enough, boo him when he rumbles up. But don't boo him when one of our players just passes the ball to him. It was embarrassing.

It reminded me of Richard Wood, under Laws. When Woody did the "unthinkable" and asked to be paid more money because he was very good at his job. I remember him being kept out of the starting 11 because his head wasn't in the right place, we were at home to a team I can't remember.

Anyway, an injury to one of our defenders forced us to bring Woody on - to a chorus of boos from his own fans. Pathetic.

I remember Tommy Spurr pleading with the North Stand to stop the booing.

And what happened? Wood went on to make a balls-up that cost us the game.

Moral of the story - Don't boo your own players!

Guest mickymagik

so am I

Expectation is high I'm afraid.

If he can't handle it he shouldn't be playing for wednesday!