who booed purse

Guest valley owl 2000

I didn't and would never boo any player who wears a Wednesday shirt. I would, and have booed at half-time and at full-time. I have booed the referee, the opposition, the refreshment girls on the Kop who have to use a calculator to add up 2 coffees, Dave Allan...any car I pass with a Blades sticker in the window...but I draw the line at one of our players during a game! Paying 28 quid or 28,000 quid doesn't give anybody the right to say whatever they want whenever they want. It gives you the right to sit in the ground and watch a footie game. End Of! The reaction to what you see on the pitch is an individual response and we all stand and vocalise an opinion in the heat of a game...but that comes with responsibility. I would not swear if a small child was within earshot, I would not give personal abuse in earshot of a player or their family and any remark I make I try and do so with irony and a touch of 'gallows humour'.

Darren Purse deserves our respect as a player who has played at the highest level, is our current club captain and has to my knowledge conducted himself off the pitch with dignity despite the often vitriolic comments he must face on and off the pitch. As far as I know he doesn't commute, but moved his family into the city. I do not believe that the mistakes he has made on the pitch are some sort of deliberate action. He is human and, hey, we all make mistakes. However, I do believe that it is now time to sit him on the bench. Our bigger squa means that he can no longer expect to be first choice CB. His knowledge and experience CAN/Should be utilised by the club but on the training ground- at least in the short term. We all need space to assess what this will result in- hopefully, a more consistent defensive unit. Darren should remain club captain, but on the pitch I'd favour Weaver or Tommy Miller. Darren got the armband from Wood, perhaps its time to pass it on..?

Feste

I didn't and would never boo any player who wears a Wednesday shirt. I would, and have booed at half-time and at full-time. I have booed the referee, the opposition, the refreshment girls on the Kop who have to use a calculator to add up 2 coffees, Dave Allan...any car I pass with a Blades sticker in the window...but I draw the line at one of our players during a game! Paying 28 quid or 28,000 quid doesn't give anybody the right to say whatever they want whenever they want. It gives you the right to sit in the ground and watch a footie game. End Of! The reaction to what you see on the pitch is an individual response and we all stand and vocalise an opinion in the heat of a game...but that comes with responsibility. I would not swear if a small child was within earshot, I would not give personal abuse in earshot of a player or their family and any remark I make I try and do so with irony and a touch of 'gallows humour'.

Darren Purse deserves our respect as a player who has played at the highest level, is our current club captain and has to my knowledge conducted himself off the pitch with dignity despite the often vitriolic comments he must face on and off the pitch. As far as I know he doesn't commute, but moved his family into the city. I do not believe that the mistakes he has made on the pitch are some sort of deliberate action. He is human and, hey, we all make mistakes. However, I do believe that it is now time to sit him on the bench. Our bigger squa means that he can no longer expect to be first choice CB. His knowledge and experience CAN/Should be utilised by the club but on the training ground- at least in the short term. We all need space to assess what this will result in- hopefully, a more consistent defensive unit. Darren should remain club captain, but on the pitch I'd favour Weaver or Tommy Miller. Darren got the armband from Wood, perhaps its time to pass it on..?

Feste

VERY WELL PUT ! agree with your sentiments fully

Guest Mexico Baby

Purse was poo , but the new guys didn't cover thereselves in glory on the goals.

Wasn't there threads on here saying purse was the best defender in the league earlier on in the season?