FAO everyone who was booing Purse

He was poo in the first half and from what i saw was at fault for both goals.

However although you can understand people frustration, booing him everytime he got the ball to his feet is a bit daft and wouldn't have done his confidence any favours, don't you think?

Agreed

I agree. But Irvine should have the courage to drop him.

I don't know whether it is mental or physical - but he is rubbish/past it. A complete liability.

Last week at Bristol he made 3 schoolboy errors in the first half.

Put it this way. If Irvine continues to favour him, then it will cost him his job.

Guest mickymagik

However although you can understand people frustration, booing him everytime he got the ball to his feet is a bit daft and wouldn't have done his confidence any favours, don't you think?

Well blow me, WTF was he still doing on in second half??

Guest Darkus Owlus

Well let's step back a bit and try to understand why Irvine picks him.

Is he quality? No, and Irvine knows that.

Is he a leader? For me, again no. The mistakes he makes are worse than inexperienced under 19s academy prospects filling in for absent first teamers.

So what's he picked for.....because he's the captain? You can't get inspiration from a Captain that consistently fooks up.

Experience counts for nothing if you don't have any quality, and Darren has zero quality. Irvine doesn't have the stones to drop him.

FAIL.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

I agree. But Irvine should have the courage to drop him.

I don't know whether it is mental or physical - but he is rubbish/past it. A complete liability.

Last week at Bristol he made 3 schoolboy errors in the first half.

Put it this way. If Irvine continues to favour him, then it will cost him his job.

Although i personnaly wouldnt boo a player, i have voiced my concerns about several which is about the same anyhow.

That aside i feel very little sympathy for Purse or indeed any one else who are payed so handsomly for dooing a job 99% of kids would love to do when they get stick. Deal with it or get a job in morrisons or mcds if you cant handle pressure and expectations and stop taking our hard earned money

Wrong quote btw :blush:

Edited by kidc77

Guest owls_4_life

Well let's step back a bit and try to understand why Irvine picks him.

Is he quality? No, and Irvine knows that.

Is he a leader? For me, again no. The mistakes he makes are worse than inexperienced under 19s academy prospects filling in for absent first teamers.

So what's he picked for.....because he's the captain? You can't get inspiration from a Captain that consistently fooks up.

Experience counts for nothing if you don't have any quality, and Darren has zero quality. Irvine doesn't have the stones to drop him.

FAIL.

Same could be said for Sedgwick! Irvine has his favourites.

What difference would confidence make, he's still poo with that.

Unfortunately Alan Irvine doesn't have twitter, so booing him is the only way I can let him know I think he's cr@p.

Edited by brentotter

Guest Darkus Owlus

Same could be said for Sedgwick! Irvine has his favourites.

You're right, but I think for Sedgwick it's different.

He fits the Irvine profile of being slow, boring, dull and having no creativity. In short he's a 'Tractor' of a player.

He just doesn't like someone like JJ who can dribble, create and excite (sometimes). It goes against his boring bland approach to football.

We should never hire a Scottish manager again, 90% of them have the same horrible boring approach to football tactics.