"A message from our Chairman"

Sorry the pc brigade is changing is trying to change too much now they trying to change football.

I don't see anything wrong with the odd swear word on the stands and i take my 8 yr old with me,with the exception of the moron near us that shouts racist poo poo and moans n boos constantly he will get slapped one day.

I'll applaud any move to stamp out that kind of behaviour, but in any case, there is far, far, less of that kind of thing now anyway - and I do often here people standing up to that kind of thing when it does happen at the football games too.

Edited by DamnedOwl

Isn't this what family areas are for? I got thrown out of the grandstand once for coughing.

Just sets the FA up for ridicule.I can understand if this was for violence or rascism but for being "gobby", just sounds like they don't want people singing at matches which they've already achieved in most home areas across the 92 clubs.

It would help if Purse didn't play!

:biggrin: Chap sat next to me nearly burst a blood vessel after another of Purse's errors, I couldn't complain mind you, after venting my spleen at Irvine after the Heff had scored.

This campaign is a load of b*llox IMO. The working bloke goes to a match to let off steam, cheer the goals, and generally go through a roller coaster of emotion during the 90 minutes. An experience heightened by a few pints pre- match.

This is what the atmosphere is all about, Shout at the referee, shout at the linesman, shout at the cheating opposition, shout at the defences inadequacies or the forwards poor efforts. That's football, and long may it continue that way.

Fair enough young supporters should not be subjected to hearing foul and abusive language, and it's a difficult one to protect them from it, that's why Family enclosures have been created. Take your kid in any other area, then they may hear a few swear words. That's the parents choice.

If the authorities think abusive behaviour is bad now, they should look back thirty or forty years when fans would have running battles in and around the ground, often with bricks bottles and coins being thrown at each other.

Football has changed for the better, with improved policing, and stewarding techniques, over the years, but please don't let the game go sterile, by denying the passionate man his chance to forget about life's other worries for 90 minutes once a week.

I don't think they are trying to stop the shouting and the banter - just the nasty side of it (and we all know and have witnessed just what it is).

One of the slogans of the campaign is simply: "Be remembered for your banter not your abuse".

To be fair though, a campaign shouldn't require interpretation; it's message should be clear.

And having seen two different adverts for it now, I'm still not certain whether it's just about kids football or is meant to cover all of football since both these adverts chose the example of a man shouting at a young child - how does this relate to what occurs on the terraces?

The people behind this campaign may think there isn't much difference, but I can't say they argue too persuasively.

Anyway, it's only aimed at Southerners, isn't it?

To be fair though, a campaign shouldn't require interpretation; it's message should be clear.

And having seen two different adverts for it now, I'm still not certain whether it's just about kids football or is meant to cover all of football since both these adverts chose the example of a man shouting at a young child - how does this relate to what occurs on the terraces?

The people behind this campaign may think there isn't much difference, but I can't say they argue too persuasively.

Anyway, it's only aimed at Southerners, isn't it?

1) I didn't make the thing.

2) It only launched today. There's only one video for it, so you can't have seen two. Perhaps you are confusing this campaign with another one?

1) I didn't make the thing.

2) It only launched today. There's only one video for it, so you can't have seen two. Perhaps you are confusing this campaign with another one?

1 - Sorry mate, I agree it did sound as though I was holding you responsible for it.

2 - Yes, maybe I am. I've seen a few of these Ray Winstone adverts which are also called 'Respect' or something like that.

Could be a good thing if aimed at the young kids games, no need for dad or mom (yes mom) to be abusive to childeren , but for adult pro games no way will it work ,as people say after a working week you wish to let off steam ,and i am afraid shouting and swearing are the norm,If certain people don't like it there's cheap earmuffs on ebay

Edited by trevdi9

I think the 'respect' idea is a good one BUT what is the point in this incredibly gay advert?

and saving footy? the only way to save football now is to stop paying the prima donnas stupid wages and stop signing foreign players other wise English football is only going to deteriorate.

The FA is sucking passion away from football.

Pathetic nothing of an advert.

And to make it worse they have an advert featuring neil ruddock who although is a nice guy off the pitch is remembered in football for nothing particularly beautiful on it. Shouting at a child Is not something I've seen at a football match in my 20 years of attending.

Let's all take a picnic sit on a hill and be quiet.

It's amusing when you see sports like cricket going the opposite way and prospering.

They need to focus on paying reasonable wages to players not ridiculous ones and giving the game back to the fans not removing it further from them.