Just got back/player ratings

Guest totemowl

Irvine just confirmed both subs were tactical - if he thought Teale was more deserving of being subbed than Sedgwick then, well.

Teale has every right to be fuming.

Teale was poor at potentially key moments.

Just before the first goal he was running down the wing after the ball. Got to it first and then allowed himself to be easily bounced off it by the defender. Defender put Charlton on the attack (though I can't remember whether the goal came straight away).

On several occasions, we were attacking and he tried to get the ball past the defenders, but just ended up knocking into their legs and losing it.

On the other hand, Sedgewick kept things simple and didn't try anything too difficult, linking up well and putting in the cross for the 2nd goal.

On the other hand, Sedgewick kept things simple and didn't try anything too difficult, linking up well and putting in the cross for the 2nd goal.

Agreed, the guy gets slagged off while regularly supplying goal scoring crosses. Put in a good shift for us today, just wish he had a left foot so he could have buried his chance.

Mellor 6 (Heffernan 7), C.Morrison 7

C Morrison - 6

Mellor - 5

Mellor - 6

C. Morrison - 7

C Morrison - 6

Mellor - 4

Mellor-6(heffernan 8)

C.Morrison-7

morrison 7 good link up

mellor 6 very very quiet

I really don't understand everyones bumming of Clinton. He offered nothing again today. He won't head, he won't battle, he won't chase the ball down, whenever someone puts a challenge on him and he loses the ball he either just goes down or flaps his hands around. It's not his game to do it and with the football we're playing atm he just doesn't fit in.

I'm not saying he's a bad player though as he isn't, but currently, give me Mellor over him any day of the week.

Weaver 6, M.Morrison 6, Purse 5, R.Johnson 7, Jones 7, Sedgwick 5, Miller 7, O'Connor 7, Teale 7 (J.Johnson 7), Mellor 6 (Heffernan 7), C.Morrison 7. Overall, just not good enough, and crucial points lost. Purse just hasn't got any legs any more, he should have been given the hook early on. No idea why he brought Teale off and left Sedgwick on. THE RADIATOR looks some player. Michael Morrison was okay - he's not a full back.

7 to Jones and O'Connor?

Weaver- (7)- didn't really have a save to make in the whole game aside from Purse nearly scoring an own goal in the last minute or two.

M.Morrison (7)- defensively solid and rarely beaten. Quiet going forwards but he's not a full back and Daniel Jones was playing so far forward that we were playing more of a 3-5-2 at times anyway.

Purse (4)- I've stuck up for him for the last 18 months, but today was the first time i've seen him and thought his career is done and dusted. At fault for both goals and nearly put through his own net near the end.

R.Johnson (8)- Showed occasional naivity but it was a remarkably polished performance from a 22 year old making his home debut who found himself 2-0 down after 5 minutes through no fault of his own.

Jones (7) - Little to do defensively but had no problems with what he had to do. Provided a good attacking threat down the left and needs a run of games to prove himself (but won't get them now we've got Reynolds IMO.)

Teale (6)- Very quiet. Hasn't been consistant enough this season despite his obvious quality.

Miller (5) Looked slow and didn't get forward at all- if Mellor and Morrison play up front, Miller HAS to get up to support them through the middle....and i'm not sure if he is mobile enough.

O'Connor (6) Did the job he does every week- chased and harried all over the pitch but needs to be more disciplined as to when he presses.

Sedgwick (7) Got a lot of stick from around me but did well- created one goal and linked really well with Heffernan in the 2nd half. Obviously lacks pace and is not as exciting as Teale or JJ but brings great balance to the side.

Mellor (6) Didn't have much to go on but looked slow and jaded none the less. Seemed to be holding his ankle a lot which is worrying.

Morrison (6) See Mellor.

Heff and JJ- both 7's for changing the game. Both HAVE to play next week.

Weaver 7 quiet game for him not much to do

M Morrison 6 didn't impress as much as I was expecting and poor distribution but improved 2nd half

Purse 4 absolute shocker

R Johnson 9 quality

Jones 7 thought he had a good game

Teale 6 quiet 1st half was well marked by them though

Miller 7 decent game

JoC 8 thought he had a really good game

Sedgwick 6 don't like him, takes an age to control the ball and turn, don't know why he's picked week in week out but maybe others can see what he brings!

C Morrison 6 quiet game I thought

Mellor 6 again quiet but we were awful 1st half so no service to him

J Johnson 7 looked a threat on the ball and shook things up just what we needed

Heffernan 9 doesn't put a foot wrong, always keeps possession, always looks a threat, glad he took his goal and hopefully will give Alan something to think about

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS...

Teale was poor at potentially key moments.

Just before the first goal he was running down the wing after the ball. Got to it first and then allowed himself to be easily bounced off it by the defender. Defender put Charlton on the attack (though I can't remember whether the goal came straight away).

On several occasions, we were attacking and he tried to get the ball past the defenders, but just ended up knocking into their legs and losing it.

Agreed, I thought Sedgewick had a great game yesterday- and I'm not a fan of him. :ph34r:

Guest bigblue

R.Johnson and M.Morrison were absolutely monstrous. I'm going to stop sticking up for Purse, how he gave a penalty away from that starting position I'll never know.

And Irvine? I'd sack him for that first half, it's just not good enough. The second half showed we have the players to tear average teams (and Charlton were average at best) apart. So what the f*ck was the first half all about? A good manager would have his team playing to or above their potential the majority of the time (See: Adkins at Southampton).

Interesting that you think the first half was Irvine's fault rather than the players, and that the second half was down to the players rather than Irvine.

I was speaking to James O'Connor after the game, and he said that they (the players) had let the manager down in the first half, but after Irvine gave them a rocket at half time, they went out and managed to put in the performance they should've done from the off.

I'd've preferred to see JJ and Heffernan start, so Irvine was at fault in that respect; but we conceded early and heads dropped immediately. JOC admitted that the players were at fault for the first half, which has to be true to some degree, even if Irvine was too. He also admitted that Irvine was the catalyst to the second half performance. And Irvine did make the changes that had the impact in the end (even if it was too late).

Criticise AI all you want (and I'd be more than happy for someone better to be brought in to replace him whenever Milan is ready), but the players were equally culpable. Purse in particular!!!

Interesting that you think the first half was Irvine's fault rather than the players, and that the second half was down to the players rather than Irvine.

I was speaking to James O'Connor after the game, and he said that they (the players) had let the manager down in the first half, but after Irvine gave them a rocket at half time, they went out and managed to put in the performance they should've done from the off.

I'd've preferred to see JJ and Heffernan start, so Irvine was at fault in that respect; but we conceded early and heads dropped immediately. JOC admitted that the players were at fault for the first half, which has to be true to some degree, even if Irvine was too. He also admitted that Irvine was the catalyst to the second half performance. And Irvine did make the changes that had the impact in the end (even if it was too late).

Criticise AI all you want (and I'd be more than happy for someone better to be brought in to replace him whenever Milan is ready), but the players were equally culpable. Purse in particular!!!

Spot on.

Irvine has his faults, mainly the team selection, but credit where it's due today- he turned it around.

If the players are letting him down, hopefully the new signings will turn our season around.

Guest Mexico Baby

Can't believe how many people rated Sedgwick higher than Teale, who was the only player that seemed bothered in the first half.

I thought Teale was our best player in the first half.

Some of the others didnt deserve a 1 out of 10