Owls freeze ticket prices

Is it? :blink:

CBI or some other retail lobby group had a positive meeting with the Government this week about postponing the VAT until Feb to try and boost retail sales post Xmas, which have taken a hit due to the weather.....DJ1 quite cleverly doesn't say the rise won't happen in Feb :biggrin:

CBI or some other retail lobby group had a positive meeting with the Government this week about postponing the VAT until Feb to try and boost retail sales post Xmas, which have taken a hit due to the weather.....DJ1 quite cleverly doesn't say the rise won't happen in Feb :biggrin:

No, but the story itself does say:

all ticket prices will remain at their current rate for the remainder of the season.

So I don't know what you are getting at?!

Not heard about that. I've already been sent new RRP's for cigarettes, chocolate etc for Tuesday 4th January. It will mess with my accounts if they keep p1ssing about changing the date - either raise the VAT or don't......

Edited by royalowlisback

Not long ago since VAT was DECREASED from 17 and half % to 15%. Did prices go down then? Did they F...

Given the financial situation of the club at the time would you seriously expected prices to be reduced?

Chris

Given the financial situation of the club at the time would you seriously expected prices to be reduced?

Chris

I think everyone agrees that not putting up the prices is a good move by the club.

It also a PR spin, there is no way on earth the club could have raised the prices when we are struggling to fill even HALF of the ground, especially considering prices were not reduced at the last VAT decrease.

Add into that the well documented non-payment of VAT by the club (which is thankfully now resolved) then the club would have looked proper charlies,raising prices and citing VAT as an excuse. :happy:

Anyway - all's well that ends well./

What are the opening times for around christmas, can anyone tell me? thanks :biggrin:

24 December 9am-12 noon.

25 December Closed

26 December Closed

27 December Closed

28 December 11am-3pm (not opening after game).

29 December 9am-5pm

30 December 9am-5pm

31 December 9am- 12 noon.

1 January 12 noon-3pm (not opening after game).

2 January Closed

3 January Closed

I think everyone agrees that not putting up the prices is a good move by the club.

It also a PR spin, there is no way on earth the club could have raised the prices when we are struggling to fill even HALF of the ground, especially considering prices were not reduced at the last VAT decrease.

Add into that the well documented non-payment of VAT by the club (which is thankfully now resolved) then the club would have looked proper charlies,raising prices and citing VAT as an excuse. :happy:

Anyway - all's well that ends well./

^^

This, but stills look good on the clubs behalf....... !!

Given that vat is a tax on the seller not the buyer and that ticket prices were announced at the start of the season for the season, I feel to see how they could increase the prices.....not that it's stopping other businesses increasing prices though using vat as the reason