Honest poll on who wants AI to leave or stay???

527 members have voted

1. 1. Irvine..... Leave or Stay?????

• Leave???
    • Stay???
    • Not Sure???
  2. 2. Replacement

• Ron Atkinson
    • Gary Megson
    • Roland Nilsson
    • Martin O'Neil
    • Gianfranco Zola
    • Nigel Worthington
    • A.N.Other
    • Happy with Irvine

Guest Triplej2

I asked what the results of this poll would be if it were asked after the 6-2 home win, i was sure there was one done and it turns out I was right

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=141559

OVER 83 % Wanted him to stay, which is quite different to the cr@p you predicted isnt it

Then 1 week and 1 loss later we get this knee jerk reaction of a thread and all the usual suspects throwing dummys out of prams

DONT LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD IRVINE BASHING WILL YA

Bet your a real laugh at Christmas,,,,,,,,,,,,,BARR HUMBUG :laugh:

Anyone who voted to keep him because of the Bristol Rovers game wants their head looking as they are one of the most inept teams most of us have EVER seen. So your post just means that a lot of thick f*ckers voted in your poll.

Anyone who flips from keeping him to sacking him over 2 results isn't worth listening to.

Kevin Keegan is not worth the hassle, He spent a world record Transfer fee amongst other big spending to achieve all he did with newcastle. Rest of his record is average.

Newcastle 16-01-2008 04-09-2008 P21 W6 L9 D6

Man City 24-05-2001 11-03-2005 P176 W77 L60 D39

England 13-02-1999 07-10-2000 P17 W7 L3 D7

Fulham 07-05-1998 09-05-1999 P61 W38 L11 D12

Newcastle 05-02-1992 08-01-1997 P251 W138 L62 D51

He walks out on any challenges and has been out the game for 2 years, there are jobs in the prem that he could take but i think he knows that he wouldn't be able to do anything with them, i want to see him prove himself with someone else before he got to manage us.

If those stats are correct then I'd say thats a fabulous record.

But there isn't a cat in hell's chance of either him or Martin O'Neill coming to manage us in League 1.

I asked what the results of this poll would be if it were asked after the 6-2 home win, i was sure there was one done and it turns out I was right

OVER 83 % Wanted him to stay, which is quite different to the cr@p you predicted isnt it

Then 1 week and 1 loss later we get this knee jerk reaction of a thread and all the usual suspects throwing dummys out of prams

Thing is, I voted him out in that poll as well, and I'm right. :biggrin:

just found this from Irvines post season interview;

Wednesday's campaign begins with a home meeting against newly-promoted Dagenham & Redbridge on 7th August, a fixture which pits the four-time English champions and three-time FA Cup winners against a side which came into existence in 1992 and only earned promotion to the Football League three years ago.

The fixture compilers have thrown the Owls what is sure to be deemed a classic David v Goliath encounter and Irvine admits he would have preferred to take on any other side than the Daggers on the opening day.

"I think the Dagenham game is a really hard game," he admitted. "It will be looked upon by the media as a massive shock if Dagenham come to Hillsborough and get a good result. I'm certainly not looking at it in that way, I see it as a very tough game.

who the hell do we have to play for AI to think we will win?

"We've had a look at the last five years in terms of the teams who have been relegated and only two have gone up automatically at the first time of asking - Leicester and Norwich. Otherwise the teams have taken several years to get back up, so it's not an easy thing to do.

he was making excuses before we even started!!!!

in the run up to the season i was looking for a battle cry, a warning to the other teams, we are coming for blood.

don't get me wrong, i don't think we should go up because we are SWFC, i just think we should be playing like we are trying to smash the league.

i don't expect Irvine to just say, well go on then, go and batter them because your on twice as much money as they are, but i do expect us to go out swinging and on the attack, pumped up and raring to smash it,

maybe the odd shot from outside the area, maybe playing 3 up front occasionally to see how it goes,

our defence is quite bad, fair enough we need to work on that and play defensively when we are winning by a goal or two, but i'm sat there at home games, the score is 0-0 and i feel like i am watching a friendly

i also do not subscribe to this notion that we have an amazing squad, we have a bout 4 players that constitute an amazing squad with usually about 7 players that are mid table league one players at best.

i just think we play like a bunch of fannies under Irvine, maybe because he is a fanny, i just want to watch us play with some motivation and pride, taking the odd long shot, taking players on and tackling with some venom, not fouling them or anything but not tickling them like a bunch of women.

i think this is the reason we are sick of him, the fact that the football is embarrassing us with just how soft we are, under Irvines tactics our players look like they would fall over if a breeze came along.

this is the 3rd tier, dirty muddy football and Irvine thinks he is playing chess with his boring pointless tactics....

get rid of him please, come on Milan, he's useless, just get shut of him, he's just no use at this club at this time, he might be brilliant for a huge range of teams but definitely not us.

that poll was ridiculous, 'Should Alan Irvine stay on now that he is trying to display attractive, attacking football?'

the poll makes no sense, my interpretation is;

Should Alan Irvine stay now he has thrown out every single one of his previous tactics and for one game did not resemble a side playing under Irvine?

the answer is a definite no from me and was then.

I was more annoyed with Irvine after the BR game then i was before, i thought to myself, why have we waited until we have lost 7 games and looked like poo all season when just as i suspected we could probably just set out to score more goals than the opposition and do it more often than not.

what is our style of play? .........................dont worry i'll wait

you know what answer this for me, which games have you been to this season? what performances have you watched that have lead you to think that to want Irvines head is rediculous? or un just?

i'm wondering if you have maybe been to Brighton, Bristol Rovers and some other good games, but did you see us against Southampton and Carlisle? Bury? Huddersfield? if you went to these games and do not think it was down to terrible management then we will have to agree to disagree........

Look at the table all you wee wee tail ends who want him sacked. We are second without playing consistently well. AI wouldn't have been my first choice but he's here now so he has to be given chance to take us back up.

Are any of you by any chance the same bunch who were screaming for Trevor francis's head because we were only mid table in the Premiership? look where that got us!

I loved Francis i'll have you know.

with the fixtures caught up we would pretty much definitely be out the top 6, the people like me who are looking at the table now and previous years tables are panicking about another season (or more) in the third tier when it seems it could have been avoided last season and sorted out this season if it wasnt for our manager,

i don't even blame him, he seems nice enough, i blame the people that hired him and gave him a contract, he was a terrible appointment and it;s frustrating.

Look at the table all you wee wee tail ends who want him sacked. We are second without playing consistently well. AI wouldn't have been my first choice but he's here now so he has to be given chance to take us back up.

Are any of you by any chance the same bunch who were screaming for Trevor francis's head because we were only mid table in the Premiership? look where that got us!

flipping hell has neil just opened a fresh can of fools?

It is a tough one alright .............

Pro's: Signed Weaver.

Cons:

Lazy signings from previous club (Mellor, Teale and Sedgewick). Knew he could get them. Didn't really know who or what was required)

Poor signing in Morrison (ok ok some like him) Far too opinionated, moans and groans. Could have spent his wages on a good strong pacey centre forward.

Signed Heffernan - doesn't play him despite him being without doubt our cleverest striker.

Track record of being unpopular with team supporters - just ask Preston fans what they thought.

Refuses to play or even try youth players. Example Palmer - played well pre-season never gets a look in in the league.

Tactics awful ........ gaps between defence and midfield immense every game ... never seen a Wednesday side so open on so many occasions.

Refuses to realise Potter is awful............. Stats prove we are better without him in the side.

Talks up the opposition way too much before games.

Dull and uninspiring.

If given money in January will probably squander it on bad signings. Probably go back to Preston for more.

Good, strong, pacey striker like Neil Mellor?

I'm sure fans used to moan because we never had someone leading the line talking to players and encouraging them. Now we have Morrison it seems we don't like it because he talks to much.

Good, strong, pacey striker like Neil Mellor?

I'm sure fans used to moan because we never had someone leading the line talking to players and encouraging them. Now we have Morrison it seems we don't like it because he talks to much.

Oh dear .............. I give up........ Morrison encouraging FFS

Theres only one Alan Irvine ....... one Alan Irvine.

As far as the poll goes - what a complete and utter shambles. Putting O'Neill in there really was a mistake.

Although I am totally against what I have seen from Irvine over his full reign ... I have now decided to not get involved with Irvine bashing.

The poll shows there are fans out there who believe Irvine is the right man .......... even ahead of Martin O'Neill. And it looks like the general concensus shows Irvine is the man we want.

I still wonder where votes would have gone had proper candidates been available and no O'Neill.

Lets respect the general feeling and get behind the side............ Don't despair Irvine bashers (myself included) Meeeeeelan will sort it out whatever happens.

Guest Triplej2

Look at the table when people have played the same games as us, That'll tell you our true position. I think we'll be about 8th or 9th with huddersfield away to come. Now bearing in mind Irvine pushed hard for a bigger budget, can anyone really say he hasn't had the chance of bringing in the right people, moreover, should he really be given the chance to spunk valuable money up the wall in january?

Promotion this year is a must and this is one of the easiest years to do it, To miss out through procrastination would be sleepwalking of the highest order and after last years debacle that cannot be allowed to happen.

Oh dear .............. I give up........ Morrison encouraging FFS

Theres only one Alan Irvine ....... one Alan Irvine.

As far as the poll goes - what a complete and utter shambles. Putting O'Neill in there really was a mistake.

Although I am totally against what I have seen from Irvine over his full reign ... I have now decided to not get involved with Irvine bashing.

The poll shows there are fans out there who believe Irvine is the right man .......... even ahead of Martin O'Neill. And it looks like the general concensus shows Irvine is the man we want.I still wonder where votes would have gone had proper candidates been available and no O'Neill.

Lets respect the general feeling and get behind the side............ Don't despair Irvine bashers (myself included) Meeeeeelan will sort it out whatever happens.

How can that be the general concensus when the poll shows (at the time of this posting) that only 23.98% have said they want him to stay?

Frankly I'm amazed that 100 people are happy with him, I'm sure the majority of these don't get to see many games (or are our resident porcine friends).

id cry if we appointed any of those lot to be honest. Im not including O'neill as thats a ridiculous option, and id rather not have BFR simply because hes been out of the game far too long - things have changed.

Might as well stick with Irvine - give him the wages to get some loan players in to get us out of this sh!thole division and look at it again in summer when the dust has settled.

Why does this myth persist that Francis somehow had us comfortably in midtable at the end of the 1994/5 season? We went into the final game against Ipswich still not mathematically safe from relegation on the back of just 2 wins in our previous 14 games., and scoring a meagre 9 goals in the process. Loud chants of 'Francis out' were occuring at almost every game and the problems behind the scenes are well documented. With the players against him, the supporters turning that way rapidly and lousy form to boot, why was it such a travesty he was sacked? The board had little choice.

There are some awful people posting on this thread.

Wanting a man sacked at Christmas time - I'd hate to see what you have bought your kids for Christmas you horrible misers. No better than the vile and nasty Government sacking all those hard working public servants at Christmas.

The lack of compassion and basic Christian goodness in our society nowadays sickens me to the core.

Wanting a man sacked at Christmas time - I'd hate to see what you have bought your kids for Christmas you horrible misers. No better than the vile and nasty Government sacking all those hard working public servants at Christmas.

The lack of compassion and basic Christian goodness in our society nowadays sickens me to the core.

Im sure he'd get a few quid if he was sacked not to mention all the wage he's been getting... :laugh:

Guest Distraught!

I am not of the "Irvine Out " now persuasion but eight defeats at this time of the season does not bode well. Promotion this season out of the shithouse league that we are in is crucial. We are almost at the point where undefeated until the end of the season is needed to secure an automatic promotion berth. I daren't even think of the prospects of relying on the play-offs. Let Irvine get his players in during the January window. If no immediate improvement is evident, I am afraid it is time for him to depart!

he got sacked last xmas too so he should be used to it,

do you think AI would give one if you got fired? I don't

lol