Honest poll on who wants AI to leave or stay???

527 members have voted

1. 1. Irvine..... Leave or Stay?????

• Leave???
    • Stay???
    • Not Sure???
  2. 2. Replacement

• Ron Atkinson
    • Gary Megson
    • Roland Nilsson
    • Martin O'Neil
    • Gianfranco Zola
    • Nigel Worthington
    • A.N.Other
    • Happy with Irvine

Maybe, but i've lost count of the times that opposition teams have played us off the park, this season alone I've watched Chesterfield, Orient, Brighton, Huddersfield, Southampton, Carlisle, Oldham all come to Hillsborough and play better football than us, and they are the games I remember. The 4 away games I've seen this season, Sflaphorpe, Plymouth, Yeovil and Swindon, we were very poor in 3 of those games, against Plymouth we played a full half against 10 men. The other game against Yeovil, we set off like a house on fire until Mr Irvine decided to change tactics, it was only a wonder goal from JJ that got him out of the mire.

Like I've said previously, if Mr Irvine suddenly becomes the manager that we all hope he is, then I'll be ecstatic, I can live with egg on my face.

As for this seasons budget, it was reported to be a very competetive 5. 8 million, the third highest in the division apparantly. Other than giving Mr Irvine a goal start, I don't know what else he needs to have in his favour before he takes the shackles off and lets our players play a bit, we certainly have the quality, we just need a manager who believes it.

i have been banging this drum to the Irvine lovers too, they don't want to here it, they are of the ilk that we had massive problems off the pitch, he had a budget but he had to get players in for free that teams didnt want and that Laws left us relegated and AI had little to do with it, and there right but the pure rubbishness of how we play, mainly at home is unforgiveable.

anyway, i believe the whole thing will be over on Monday. If we win and play well on sky he will be praised and will get a lot of fans back on his side and rightly so.

if we lose and play rubbish then that will convert the remaining Irvine lovers to wanting him out.

and we never really draw under AI so that seems unlikely.

i just want him to bloody get the team going for it and attacking these wee wee poor teams but i think he is convinced he is right no matter what happens week in week out.

i have been banging this drum to the Irvine lovers too, they don't want to here it, they are of the ilk that we had massive problems off the pitch, he had a budget but he had to get players in for free that teams didnt want and that Laws left us relegated and AI had little to do with it, and there right but the pure rubbishness of how we play, mainly at home is unforgiveable.

anyway, i believe the whole thing will be over on Monday. If we win and play well on sky he will be praised and will get a lot of fans back on his side and rightly so.

if we lose and play rubbish then that will convert the remaining Irvine lovers to wanting him out.

and we never really draw under AI so that seems unlikely.

i just want him to bloody get the team going for it and attacking these wee wee poor teams but i think he is convinced he is right no matter what happens week in week out.

Amen to that. It's a really poor division, there really is no excuse for the way we have been playing, even the poorest teams in this division have been giving us a game.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Maybe, but i've lost count of the times that opposition teams have played us off the park, this season alone I've watched Chesterfield, Orient, Brighton, Huddersfield, Southampton, Carlisle, Oldham all come to Hillsborough and play better football than us, and they are the games I remember. The 4 away games I've seen this season, Sflaphorpe, Plymouth, Yeovil and Swindon, we were very poor in 3 of those games, against Plymouth we played a full half against 10 men. The other game against Yeovil, we set off like a house on fire until Mr Irvine decided to change tactics, it was only a wonder goal from JJ that got him out of the mire.

Like I've said previously, if Mr Irvine suddenly becomes the manager that we all hope he is, then I'll be ecstatic, I can live with egg on my face.

As for this seasons budget, it was reported to be a very competetive 5. 8 million, the third highest in the division apparantly. Other than giving Mr Irvine a goal start, I don't know what else he needs to have in his favour before he takes the shackles off and lets our players play a bit, we certainly have the quality, we just need a manager who believes it.

That would also be my sentiment. But I don't like him because of his nasty attitude towards fans, which was shown with his "badge-remarks". He needs to come with an apology to the fans to get any kind of sympathy from me now.

Amen to that. It's a really poor division, there really is no excuse for the way we have been playing, even the poorest teams in this division have been giving us a game.

i went through al sorts of emotions when we played Leyton Orient, when we eventually scored i felt like we had scored against Chelsea and we might just ****** the points, not like i was watching us at home to bloody Leyton Orient.

if they had a finisher we would have lost 4-1

we all came out of that match talking about a couple of there players being top notch, that shouldnt be happening with our squad!!!

That would also be my sentiment. But I don't like him because of his nasty attitude towards fans, which was shown with his "badge-remarks". He needs to come with an apology to the fans to get any kind of sympathy from me now.

i went through al sorts of emotions when we played Leyton Orient, when we eventually scored i felt like we had scored against Chelsea and we might just ****** the points, not like i was watching us at home to bloody Leyton Orient.

if they had a finisher we would have lost 4-1

we all came out of that match talking about a couple of there players being top notch, that shouldnt be happening with our squad!!!

The problem for me is Mr Irvine's negative thoughts, he is always filling our players minds with how good the opposition are and other nonesense. He should concentrate on how we impose ourselves on the opposition and not the other way round.

Now that he has a bit of money, he should be laying things on the line, and telling our players that they are all playing for their places, too many are in a comfort zone, and need the proverbial kick up the jacksess.

I've just been roped into going to Huddersfield on monday, I was going to wait a couple of weeks until we had a few new players before going to another away game, but my son is hitching to go, and because I've never been to the new Huddersfield ground, I thought at least I will be able to tick another ground off, I must be close to 100 away games, but it's only 63 different grounds watching Wednesday, which because of my age is a pretty poor effort really.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.