Honest poll on who wants AI to leave or stay???

527 members have voted

1. 1. Irvine..... Leave or Stay?????

• Leave???
    • Stay???
    • Not Sure???
  2. 2. Replacement

• Ron Atkinson
    • Gary Megson
    • Roland Nilsson
    • Martin O'Neil
    • Gianfranco Zola
    • Nigel Worthington
    • A.N.Other
    • Happy with Irvine

It is a tough one.

Pro's: for AI are the excellent signings he managed to bring into a 3rd division club with a huge debt, no money to spend, reduce the wage bill, small'ish squad that needed to be protected because no replacements would have been coming in....plus the crisis surrounding the club with the Tax bill etc. By all accounts the players think a lot of him and he is very well respected in the game. A great run last month and scoring lots of goals for fun.

Cons: Some weird team selections at times, the up and down form of the team......a great run to start with then a slump of a month.....lost each game by 1 goal and we were not able to score goals. Last week was a joke result that no-one could ever expect with the same team who won 6-2 (and could have been 10) the week before! The players let the team down last week....no matter what the tactics were supposed to be....they were terrible and how can you blame AI for such a performance?

Despite all this, we are second in the league (I know we have played 2 games more than the other clubs) and in a great position for the turn of the year......I wonder what players he has in mind to bring into the club and how they will change the negatives we have about him?

The final things is: Where do we get a guaranteed promotion type manager who will come to a 3rd Division club and be good enough to build in the Championship for a couple of season before taking us into the Premier League? We can all have a wish list, but that is all it is......the very few good managers around are already spoken for or would be impossible to attract to this club until we are seen as successful and going places.......magic roundabout situation there?

Edited by gandiaowl

It is a tough one alright .............

Pro's: Signed Weaver.

Cons:

Lazy signings from previous club (Mellor, Teale and Sedgewick). Knew he could get them. Didn't really know who or what was required)

Poor signing in Morrison (ok ok some like him) Far too opinionated, moans and groans. Could have spent his wages on a good strong pacey centre forward.

Signed Heffernan - doesn't play him despite him being without doubt our cleverest striker.

Track record of being unpopular with team supporters - just ask Preston fans what they thought.

Refuses to play or even try youth players. Example Palmer - played well pre-season never gets a look in in the league.

Tactics awful ........ gaps between defence and midfield immense every game ... never seen a Wednesday side so open on so many occasions.

Refuses to realise Potter is awful............. Stats prove we are better without him in the side.

Talks up the opposition way too much before games.

Dull and uninspiring.

If given money in January will probably squander it on bad signings. Probably go back to Preston for more.

It is a tough one alright .............

Pro's: Signed Weaver.

Cons:

Lazy signings from previous club (Mellor, Teale and Sedgewick). Knew he could get them. Didn't really know who or what was required)

Poor signing in Morrison (ok ok some like him) Far too opinionated, moans and groans. Could have spent his wages on a good strong pacey centre forward.

Signed Heffernan - doesn't play him despite him being without doubt our cleverest striker.

Track record of being unpopular with team supporters - just ask Preston fans what they thought.

Refuses to play or even try youth players. Example Palmer - played well pre-season never gets a look in in the league.

Tactics awful ........ gaps between defence and midfield immense every game ... never seen a Wednesday side so open on so many occasions.

Refuses to realise Potter is awful............. Stats prove we are better without him in the side.

Talks up the opposition way too much before games.

Dull and uninspiring.

If given money in January will probably squander it on bad signings. Probably go back to Preston for more.

Are you saying Mellor and Teale were poor signings?

I am really torn on this one. Would love for him to turn it around but I can't see it. I think the Huddersfield game could be a crucial factor after the busy Xmas period. (weather permitting)

Guest britmod_owl

Kevin Keegan is not worth the hassle, He spent a world record Transfer fee amongst other big spending to achieve all he did with newcastle. Rest of his record is average.

Newcastle 16-01-2008 04-09-2008 P21 W6 L9 D6

Man City 24-05-2001 11-03-2005 P176 W77 L60 D39

England 13-02-1999 07-10-2000 P17 W7 L3 D7

Fulham 07-05-1998 09-05-1999 P61 W38 L11 D12

Newcastle 05-02-1992 08-01-1997 P251 W138 L62 D51

He walks out on any challenges and has been out the game for 2 years, there are jobs in the prem that he could take but i think he knows that he wouldn't be able to do anything with them, i want to see him prove himself with someone else before he got to manage us.

Edited by britmod_owl

Are you saying Mellor and Teale were poor signings?

I am really torn on this one. Would love for him to turn it around but I can't see it. I think the Huddersfield game could be a crucial factor after the busy Xmas period. (weather permitting)

I think Teale was an excellent signing. Mellor has done ok .... had some really good games however in my opinion we could have got better I'm sure. All I am saying is they were very lazy signings. Surely he must have a portfolio of players who were targets in the summer. To go back to his old club for players who, as again the Preston fans were unconvinced by, showed a lack of managerial ability. They were in his eyes "safe" signings.

Forgot to add coke to the PROs - sorry. He has proved to be an excellent signing.

Still feel the Potter / Heffernan situation could actually save his skin. Two basic changes along with not allowing the defence to sit deep is all it is going to take to change his fortunes. As I have said before it really is that simple.

To sit second in the table after playing really poor stuff shows how bad this division is. At the moment however I cannot see us beating any teams that are well organised.

The next four games will tell ......... will he finally get it right.

Mellor has done ok .... had some really good games however in my opinion we could have got better I'm sure.

The guys scored 8, including 2 hat tricks from 13 starts before getting injured. Explain how we could have got any better?

I f*cking despair at the attitude of some of our fans sometimes. JESUS CHRIST MAN.

I must be forgetting about all the prolific goalscorers that we've been blessed with at this club over the last 5 years, cos this simply isn't good enough.

The guys scored 8, including 2 hat tricks from 13 starts before getting injured. Explain how we could have got any better?

I f*cking despair at the attitude of some of our fans sometimes. JESUS CHRIST MAN.

I must be forgetting about all the prolific goalscorers that we've been blessed with at this club over the last 5 years, cos this simply isn't good enough.

Calm down, Calm down ..................... Chillax

He can't jump :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry, lost myself for a moment there...

Glad i got a "Jesus Christ" in there though. It's his and Santa's birthday on saturday.

Merry Christmas

Quality ....................... made my day that post.

Great sense of humour some Wednesdayites. Mind we need one don't we.

Merry Christmas

Guest thetruthisoutthere

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

it would be pretty much the same you fruit cake!!!

I asked what the results of this poll would be if it were asked after the 6-2 home win, i was sure there was one done and it turns out I was right

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=141559

OVER 83 % Wanted him to stay, which is quite different to the cr@p you predicted isnt it

Then 1 week and 1 loss later we get this knee jerk reaction of a thread and all the usual suspects throwing dummys out of prams

DONT LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD IRVINE BASHING WILL YA

Bet your a real laugh at Christmas,,,,,,,,,,,,,BARR HUMBUG :laugh:

I asked what the results of this poll would be if it were asked after the 6-2 home win, i was sure there was one done and it turns out I was right

OVER 83 % Wanted him to stay, which is quite different to the cr@p you predicted isnt it

Then 1 week and 1 loss later we get this knee jerk reaction of a thread and all the usual suspects throwing dummys out of prams

Quality post! You know what ive realised, we're a nation of MOANERS and it gets right on my t1ts. Its too hot, its too cold, oh the snow is terrible, ive got no money, I cant afford x y and z, the football is poo , i hate AI...... jesus christ!

The voice of factual reason...................Two polls within a week of each other showing quite different results.

No use proposing the get rid of a perceived problem with knowing the action will resolve it........where is the manager out there who will come to this club AND can do that?

Lets concentrate on supporting the team........hopefully they will put last week behind them and get back on track. January is a huge month though and will determine where we finish at the end of the season......I still favour a top 2 place especially if Irvine does well in the loan/transfer market......I still think his signings were excellent given the state of the club and the financial restrictions placed upon him. I remember how peoiple on this site were so elated and amazed at the quality he was signing day after day.