Time to choose - stop changing your mind.

Irvine will have been in charge for a year come the middle of January. We have seen a lot of frustrating years down at S6 certainly in the last decade but for me this has been one of the most frustrating. Yesterday's type of defeat had been coming for some time. The only reason we had conceded only 16 goals up to yesterday's game has been the brilliance of Nicky Weaver. He hasn't addressed the midfield and defence problems adequately enough and this is why we haven't really made much progress during the past year. Should we Sack Him? Yes, I think we should. Do I think we will? Sadly No. I think he'll get the remainder of the season and for this reason I believe we'll still be playing League 1 football this time next year. The only way I think we will get out this season is if he uses his new found freedom in the Transfer Market sufficiently well. He has to finally sort out the central midfield and overall defensive problems that have been crippling us for the last 18 months or so. If he doesn't then I think we'll continue to be frustrated. If he does go then who will we attract? I'm not sure, it's going to be difficult to attract some one to S6 while we remain a League 1 club. The opportunity to act was this time last year when Laws had been shown the door. Sadly that opportunity was missed and subsequently Irvine has continued to miss opportunities that have presented themselves to him and his team ever since.

Guest petertheowl

We have only beaten one side in the top half of the table, for a team that are meant to be challenging for the title, not just promotion from this poo division, that is criminal.

I think he has to GO

Stay. We are second in the league - we would lose all credibility if we sacked our manager with the team there.

Exeter are a decent team (AT THIS LEVEL) and we need to stop thinking that we should win on reputation (which is clearly what the players thought before they turned up). 5-1 is a shocking result and would be the final straw if we had lots of results like it but we are second.

Yes the team is drab and organised but we need to grind our way out of this league. It worked last time and will do this time.

I expect Irvine will go this time next year when we are 20th in the Championship. A new centre half and we will go up.

After watching Wednesday for over 40 years I have seen a fair share of matches, watched managers, players come and go.

But in all that time I have never been so bored and frustrated as I am right now under Alan Irvine. My curcumstances dont allow me to travel nowadays so I am confined to only watching matches at home. With the exception of the Bristol Rovers match the outcome of which I put down to a "feel good" factor on the day, ie: new owner, clapping crowd etc. the performances under Irvine are dire, uninspiring, ....and just plain dull.

Football is an entertainment , and under this manager its becomming a chore !........injuries apart his team choice and positioning are at time bizzare and bewildering to the fans, I can only imagine how the players feel in the dressing room listening to his droning monosyllablic tone going on about how great the opposition are instead of fireing up the team and getting them buzzing and raring to go at the opposition.

A fool will fritter away money given, give the fool some more money and he will just fritter it away faster and quicker. Milan Mandaric is a business man out of the top drawer added to which he has built up knowledge and contacts in the football and sports related business over the years. He does not suffer fools gladly. And he will not want to see his money frittered away come January. The only problem at the moment in getting rid of Irvine is Howard Wilkinson who as we all know is chairman of the Football Managers Association. If Milan sacked Irvine then that would be grounds for Howard to resign his position on the board as he has always been open about supportiing Irvine.

It was reported that Irvine was on the verge of resigning after the Hudderfield debacle that wet and stormy Tuesday night but was persuaded against it by Rob Kelly and the other coaches. I believe come Monday morning someone ( Howard ?) will have a quiet word with Irvine and ask him to consider his position as manager. If Irvine resigns ( receiving compensation ) then this would satisfy everyone. The Media would not do its usual Milan sacks another manager stories, Howard would save face, Milan would happily go along with it and install the manager I am sure he has already lined up.

For the sake of the club, the fans, your fellow board members, Milan, Alan do the right thing and quietly resign come Monday.

Edited by Captain Scarlett

My own internet stalker, how quaint. Awful result, on the back of a brilliant result last week.

We're proof that sacking managers just doesn't work, and no one can disagree with that. And at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, we are 2nd in the league, albeit having played a few games more.

Would I sack him? No, not yet. I'd give him a few quid for 2/3 loans in January.

Will Mandaric sack him? Without a shadow of a doubt. I reckon he's itching to get rid, and will bring in a 'name' very soon.

Place your bets. ODriscoll is the man for me, but I don't think we have the patience as a club, fanbase or Chairman to give the bloke time to develop the club.

Mandaric will go for a 'name' with a track record of getting teams promoted, and having an immediate impact. These arn't my choices, but people like Dowie, Coppell, Phil Brown etc will be the type he goes for.

mandaric's aim maybe a little different from the general fanbase's, he wants to stabilise the side in the championship and probably sell on, (don't get me wrong, he wouldn't turn down promotion to the PL, but gaining that may cost an awful lot of money)...so quickly sacking the under achiever irvine is on the cards, (look mandaric hasn't got his money with being daft...i wouldn't give irvine the money to buy a small second hand car to spend on players, never mind this season's entire transfer budget)...can't be o'driscoll, he would take too long to build a side...think you can drop coppell, but dowie, brown, and possibly pearson...maybe...though a name that's not under contract at the moment would be the best bet financially...

Stay. We are second in the league - we would lose all credibility if we sacked our manager with the team there.

Exeter are a decent team (AT THIS LEVEL) and we need to stop thinking that we should win on reputation (which is clearly what the players thought before they turned up). 5-1 is a shocking result and would be the final straw if we had lots of results like it but we are second.

Yes the team is drab and organised but we need to grind our way out of this league. It worked last time and will do this time.

I expect Irvine will go this time next year when we are 20th in the Championship. A new centre half and we will go up.

Are you a bit simple?

We are in second playing two or three games more than other teams, if when some of them win those game sin hand we will probably be out of the play offs so thats a pathetic arguement. The attendances have been dire, the football in general has been dire, this is a squad that should be good enough to survive comfortably in the championship Alan Irvine stated this himself.

Why are even a minority of Wednesday fans happy to accept the current situation???

IT IS NOWHERE NEAR GOOD ENOUGH HE HAS TO GO.

No more OLE'S from Bournemouth fans and no more WE WANT SIX from Exeter fans thank you.

Guest starrydave

How on earth can fans uncertainty have anything to do with AI's employment. He will go when the board want him gone, not when we do! Blaming inconsistent fans is flippingmoronic! :st2: