Can't stop listening to MM interview on RS!!

think there is a video interview with MM on BBC website

:biggrin: There is. Great to listen too - so positive, so focussed "One of the Top Ten Clubs in the Country" - I keep grinning like a loon!:biggrin:

Edited by FAT OWL

Guest Distraught!

Last night on FH...talks about the long term, targeting signings, future players and a dream of 40,000 at S6...oh yeah :)

I really hope that this is not true. When Waddle was at his pomp, we used to scrape 30,000 crowds. To get 40,000, shitloads of money will have to be invested on the field. That would mean paying ridiculous wages to overpaid prima donnas running up shitloads more debt. Back to square one and another 15 years of agony to follow.

I would rather be a mid table Premier League club on crowds of around 25,000 run on sound finances in a sustainable way. No more crippling debts or politic crap.

The big fear for me is what might happen after Mandaric. I am ecstatic that he is at the club now but his history suggest that he may sell on to people that will once again cripple the club. Like Gaydamak at Portsmouth or the Thai people at Leicester. Sven is an expensive addition to the Leicester party and I guess he will leave eventually with just a big black hole of wasted finances behind him.

So goddam exciting - his enthusiasm is infectious!! After years of negativity...really can't believe this is happening!

Anybody got any links to video interviews?

Feelgood to feelgood!!!

I agree.

It was inspiring listening to him whilst driving home last night.

It almost brought me to tears at one point.

But I thought it was a fabulous interview.

I really hope that this is not true. When Waddle was at his pomp, we used to scrape 30,000 crowds. To get 40,000, shitloads of money will have to be invested on the field. That would mean paying ridiculous wages to overpaid prima donnas running up shitloads more debt. Back to square one and another 15 years of agony to follow.

I would rather be a mid table Premier League club on crowds of around 25,000 run on sound finances in a sustainable way. No more crippling debts or politic crap.

The big fear for me is what might happen after Mandaric. I am ecstatic that he is at the club now but his history suggest that he may sell on to people that will once again cripple the club. Like Gaydamak at Portsmouth or the Thai people at Leicester. Sven is an expensive addition to the Leicester party and I guess he will leave eventually with just a big black hole of wasted finances behind him.

Bah Humbug!!

Let your hair down and enjoy yourself for once.

I think if we got promoted to the Premiership again we'd see an average of 25-30k easily, just as the blades did.

My favourite bit about his interview on Wplayer was when asked about money in January without flinching he just goes "we need to support the manager and get back up to the championship, yes there will be money to spend in January" as if he didnt have a care in the world.

It just made me realise how horrible it had been to never have a penny to spend or a chairman who would make a big song and dance about putting his hand in his pocket.

Guest Distraught!

Bah Humbug!!

Let your hair down and enjoy yourself for once.

I am very happy that Mandaric has come in. All that I want is long term financial stability. No more pie in the sky dreaming that we can join the football elite simply by throwing money at it. We can become a financially stable mid table Premier League club. That is where I see us. If we make Europe or cup finals, that will be a bonus. But I have had my belly full of debt at this club and I never want to see those dark day returns.

Never!

I am very happy that Mandaric has come in. All that I want is long term financial stability. No more pie in the sky dreaming that we can join the football elite simply by throwing money at it. We can become a financially stable mid table Premier League club. That is where I see us. If we make Europe or cup finals, that will be a bonus. But I have had my belly full of debt at this club and I never want to see those dark day returns.

Never!

Yes, I see us as an Everton or Aston Villa in terms of our potential. A top ten club who have looked, more or less to run things properly.

"I wish i can sell this club for 500 million pounds one day, and every supporter would be happy with that because they'd know they'd be worth 500 million pounds, Today they don't know what the club is worth. It's not worth much, it worth a lot emotionally, it's worth a lot because of those supporters and heritage, but financially tangible, it's not"

I LOVE that statement. He knows why he's here, we know why he's here, and he's making out like we'll have sufficient money behind us to get to the premiership. Amazing.

Anyone who thinks we will average 25-30k in the prem is in for a shock. Our 1st season back up there we will average 36-39k I reckon, it's a different world to when we were last there.

United would have had a higher average if their ground was bigger. Ours is. Don't underestimate the pulling power of the prem.

We've shown it before - we know we have that potential. I don't think it's about big name signings, it's about passion for the club, passion for Sheffield and a team that hopefullly will be playing great football.