Can't stop listening to MM interview on RS!!

Guest Willie Henderson

Football has changed alot since the mid 90's. We would easily average over 30,000 if we got promoted to the premier league in two years.

If we got to the premier in 2 year's it would be a flippingmiracle.

Let's get out of this shithole of a league first and then build from there?

Thank you for letting us Wednesdayites have belief again Mr. Mandarich :biggrin:

I am very happy that Mandaric has come in. All that I want is long term financial stability. No more pie in the sky dreaming that we can join the football elite simply by throwing money at it. We can become a financially stable mid table Premier League club. That is where I see us. If we make Europe or cup finals, that will be a bonus. But I have had my belly full of debt at this club and I never want to see those dark day returns.

Never!

My thoughts exactly! Would be nice to have it as a club rule from now on to never ever under any circumstance have a budget that exceeds the gross revenue.

Don't care if that means we have to be a yoyo club for several years like West Brom did. As long as I have a club to support I'm happy. Throwing money at a daydream damn near liquidated the club...NEVER AGAIN.

I also believe that if we get back to the prem we will definitely average over 30k. Probably around the 33k mark with Hillsborough getting sold out 5 or 6 times per season for the biggest games.

Guest Distraught!

Football has changed alot since the mid 90's. We would easily average over 30,000 if we got promoted to the premier league in two years.

That's fine if it can be done on a financially stable footing. My fear is that trying to attract 40,000+ crowds means going down the path of Ridsale financial suicide. Paying over the odds for players that may, in the short term, increase crowds but leave behind a path of ruin that will quickly get us back where we came from. Is this not what the Blunts are paying for now? They had their little dream about buying their way into the big time.

What Milan Mandaric has just done for us is fantastic. We are now free of the poo poo that has blighted the club for the last 15 years. Our club is big enough to be up there with the Evertons and Aston Villas. Just do it in the right way that has long term stability!

If we got to the Premiership and were achieving what a club like Sunderland, Birmingham or Stoke have in recent years then we could fill a 45,000 seater Hillsborough for most league games.

The Premiership now is a different animal to the last time we were there.

Also, that interview on bbc.co.uk/football with MM is immense.

Feels so good to be a Wednesdayite right now.

If we got to the Premiership and were achieving what a club like Sunderland, Birmingham or Stoke have in recent years then we could fill a 45,000 seater Hillsborough for most league games.

The Premiership now is a different animal to the last time we were there.

Long stay is what we need when we get there, we need MM & AI to sit down and draft a workable plan now.

That's fine if it can be done on a financially stable footing. My fear is that trying to attract 40,000+ crowds means going down the path of Ridsale financial suicide. Paying over the odds for players that may, in the short term, increase crowds but leave behind a path of ruin that will quickly get us back where we came from. Is this not what the Blunts are paying for now? They had their little dream about buying their way into the big time.

What Milan Mandaric has just done for us is fantastic. We are now free of the poo poo that has blighted the club for the last 15 years. Our club is big enough to be up there with the Evertons and Aston Villas. Just do it in the right way that has long term stability!

Stop weeing yer pants over an extra 10,000.

If a small club like the pigs managed to pull over 30k in the Prem with an average team then we can get more in.

We would get bigger crowds this time round as it were different when we were last there. Did we not got sub 30k attendances years ago?

I want to get back to the Prem and have good players and a good team,

roger mediocrity.

Stop weeing yer pants over an extra 10,000.

If a small club like the pigs managed to pull over 30k in the Prem with an average team then we can get more in.

We would get bigger crowds this time round as it were different when we were last there. Did we not got sub 30k attendances years ago?

I want to get back to the Prem and have good players and a good team,

roger mediocrity.

Exactly.

I think we all know that we're not going to challange at the top of the Premiership without investment in the billions. But this club has the potential to challange in the top half of the Premiership with modest (in relative terms) investment.