Weaver! Weaver!

This guy has been awesome for us this season,when you compare him to grant there is no comparison,commands his area better,more aware when releasing the ball,he actually throws the ball out instead of wasting an age hoping to punt the ball up!

The other thing is penalties,i can't remember a time when grant actually saved one,one of the best bit's of business wednesday have done,when you consider grants warming his arse,getting splinters bench warming at Burnley.

All that remains now is for wednesday to get a back four capable to complement weaver.

The penalty saves all involved both keepers diving to their bottom right.

Heffernans would probably have been saved if it were on target, and Weaver almost saved another one that just crept under him, again diving to his right.

Weaver has been very good. I can't remember who posted it now, but I remember agreeing with someone that replacing Grant wouldn't be too difficult as 80% of keepers are similar anyway. 10% are world class and 10% are poo poo (or something along those lines).

Weaver has been very good. I can't remember who posted it now, but I remember agreeing with someone that replacing Grant wouldn't be too difficult as 80% of keepers are similar anyway. 10% are world class and 10% are poo poo (or something along those lines).

That was me.

Weaver has been quality, but saying that he's definitely better than Grant? I dunno. Ask me at the end of the season.

Guest Stereophonics

Done well so far. I don't agree that he is better than Grant though. I can remember Grant saving a crucial penalty. Wasn't it against Leicester City a couple of seasons ago when we needed to win to stay up.

What about the first goal last night? He should have saved it quite easily.

But yes, good replacement for Grant.

I was disappointed with there 1st goal.but looking at the replay there did look like a slight deflection (clutches at straws)

I said get Weaver in on a free and sell Grant at least 6 months ago and was emphatically shot down and Weaver was absolutely slated for being fat and past his best.........hmmmmm

all gone quiet

all gone quiet

all gone quiet over there

Guest Stereophonics

Iain Hume put it wide, don't think Grant has saved a pen has he?

I think you may be correct, Hume did put it wide.

I actually think they are on par.

Grant would have kept out the first goal last night but there's no way he'd have saved all those pens! Grant saved one pen at wednesday and that was with his legs after he'd dived away.

Feel sorry for Grant a bit at the moment

That was me.

And you were wrong my friend - however the next bit isn't referring to you cool.gif

Weaver for Grant was good business and the sort of tactical buying/selling we should have been doing for years now - but too many people trot out the idiotic "you don't get anywhere by selling your best players" - well we didn't sell them and we did get somewhere...

The problem isn't selling players - it's the replacements that are the key and as has been seen with the Weaver/Grant deal it is eminently possoble to prudently and strategiacally sell players and get decent replacements while making the teram better and the club better off so in turn we can start to afford even better players

Full credit to Alan for this one

He was left in the lurch by the bast'ards above him.... Grant was sold (obviously against his wishes) to pay a tax bill which inadequate and inept stewardship of this club had created.

He has brought in a keeper..... it could be argued.... of equal worth, at this level..... for free.

To boot, he is a local Wednesday lad and is cracking in penalty shoot outs ..... saving and taking !!

Grant is a good keeper who has the ability to potentially go on and play Premiership football.

Weaver is someone who has done that and became a bit of a forgotten man and seems really rejuvinated here, almost back to his best even. Weve landed on our feet and have been lucky enough to have signed two solid keepers in recent years after years of lacking in that department.

Weaver is more about positional sense and making himself big, whilst Grant is more agile and one for the cameras..theres no way he should be sat on Burnley's bench though in my opinion.