Weaver! Weaver!

Just watched the penalty shot out again on Youtube.

Can I just say "what a man" - having just given a performance that he admits he will allways remember for the club closest to his heart - the first thing that he die was console the chesterfield keeper, before celabrating.

Top Man

Guest Willie Wontie

This guy has been awesome for us this season,when you compare him to grant there is no comparison,commands his area better,more aware when releasing the ball,he actually throws the ball out instead of wasting an age hoping to punt the ball up!

The other thing is penalties,i can't remember a time when grant actually saved one,one of the best bit's of business wednesday have done,when you consider grants warming his arse,getting splinters bench warming at Burnley.

All that remains now is for wednesday to get a back four capable to complement weaver.

One thing I have noticed - he can kick equally well with his left foot.

Also chuck the ball as far

Guest wilkotheowl

This guy has been awesome for us this season,when you compare him to grant there is no comparison,commands his area better,more aware when releasing the ball,he actually throws the ball out instead of wasting an age hoping to punt the ball up!

The other thing is penalties,i can't remember a time when grant actually saved one,one of the best bit's of business wednesday have done,when you consider grants warming his arse,getting splinters bench warming at Burnley.

All that remains now is for wednesday to get a back four capable to complement weaver.

Couldn't agree more. Although Lee Grant was a loyal custodian, & didn't demand to move on as far as I am aware, Nicky Weaver is a Wednesdayite & an EXCELLENT keeper.

Just want to be reassured that the money from Lee Grants sale was put to good use in keeping this club afloat ?!

Guest clumber58

I liked Grant and was sad to see him go (esp when we didn't have a ready made successor).

I was pleased when we signed Nicky Weaver. Experienced but not past it. Played at a higher level. Thought he did well when he came on loan last time. A Wednesdayite.

Eight weeks into the season, I'm delighted with Weaver. Even without taking the penalty saga into account I think he's made a really solid start. Not conceded many. Commands the area. Made some really good saves.

On balance (and I know it's early days) I'd choose Nicky Weaver over Lee Grant every time.

Come on Wednesday!

Guest Stereophonics

I'd still prefer Grant if offered both for the same price. However, I'm very happy with Weaver all things considered

This