Wahay! Just checked the fixture list for the period I'm over - Bournemouth and Huddersfield at home and Yeovil (not been there) and Charlton (went there in 76 for a cup match) away. I'll settle for that!

Better take your tent!

Edited by beano

Their slating of our ground is bizarre when you compare it to ours - constantly hear them saying what a dump it is...

Our North Stand v Their South Stand - Both 60s / 70s stands, a bit tired but capable of doing a job with good views

Our Kop v Their Kop - No difference in quality but ours bigger

Our South Stand v Their John St - Admittedly theirs is newer (after they played to 3 sides for 2 years) but ours is bigger and with modernisations is up to speed

Our West Stand v Their Away End - Ours faces the pitch - end of

The only thing they've got on us is a tidy looking corner bit with some offices on the back......but 10000 less seats.

I have never heard such delusions of grandeur than at that place, one relegated season in the premier league and they think they are the business.

the lanes a pig sty :laugh::cool::biggrin:

I'm finding this whole thing a tad embarrassing all around to be honest.

If England get the World Cup then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sheffield given the boot as one of the host cities.

Also, although Hillsborough is without doubt a much better stadium, with greater potential, than Bramall Lane, it still needs a lot of work to be upto World Cup standard...

Perhaps the big fat stinking porkers are lookiing at it as if, "We can't have it, nobody can" sort of thing. Bitter to the last.

Guest Triplej2

Their slating of our ground is bizarre when you compare it to ours - constantly hear them saying what a dump it is...

Our North Stand v Their South Stand - Both 60s / 70s stands, a bit tired but capable of doing a job with good views

Our Kop v Their Kop - No difference in quality but ours bigger

Our South Stand v Their John St - Admittedly theirs is newer (after they played to 3 sides for 2 years) but ours is bigger and with modernisations is up to speed

Our West Stand v Their Away End - Ours faces the pitch - end of

The only thing they've got on us is a tidy looking corner bit with some offices on the back......but 10000 less seats.

I have never heard such delusions of grandeur than at that place, one relegated season in the premier league and they think they are the business.

Totally agree.

and how thick are they, our bid is not for the stadium in its current condition, it's for the modernised version which absolutely wee wees all over their tin pot cladded piece of sh*t!

Perhaps the big fat stinking porkers are lookiing at it as if, "We can't have it, nobody can" sort of thing. Bitter to the last.

Booyah

It also needs to be said that their rejection may well have been down to McSue not wanting to liaise with LS in a joint effort as opposed to their oft-spouted conspiracy by the FA

Wahay! Just checked the fixture list for the period I'm over - Bournemouth and Huddersfield at home and Yeovil (not been there) and Charlton (went there in 76 for a cup match) away. I'll settle for that!

Me and wife burst into a local house after game, chased by Charlton/Millwall fans, she was 7 months gone at time. We took 98 coaches that day and lost 2-1 with Brian Joicey netting for us !

Guest thetruthisoutthere

They keep trying to compare Bumhole lanes bid once upgrades are complete with Hillsborough as it is today

Thats the stupidest comparison ever - you have to either compare

1) Both grounds today without upgrades, in which case 32k capacity would get laughed out of existance and Hillsboroughs 40k Capacity would walk it

2) Or both grounds after upgrades, in which case our fan park/transport links/upgrades tick more boxes and walk the bid again (Note We are renovating 3 sides of the ground The pigs are only tinkering with 2 sides of theirs)

Me and wife burst into a local house after game, chased by Charlton/Millwall fans, she was 7 months gone at time. We took 98 coaches that day and lost 2-1 with Brian Joicey netting for us !

Yeah, about the only time Millwall fans have ever joined in with the Charlton lot (they normally hate each other). Think it was in revenge for the pasting Millwall took at Hillsborough a few months earlier!

Mind you, probably didn't help that the home supporters turned up to find about 5,000 Wednesday fans on their Kop!

Have faith brother!

Hillsborough has always been one of the great venues of British football. It has the history and track record of staging the big occasions and it is in England's fourth largest city. If we get the World Cup (and that is a bloody big if with FIFA) we will be one of the venues and the ground will be up to scratch. It will need to be upgraded

anyway for our return to the Prem sometime in the next 3

or 4 seasons! BELIEVE :happy:

I think the fact that Sheffield is the home of football is another pulling factor in favour of the city.