same old story innit the blunts always moan cos they are in the wednesday shadow !!! they will never be as big a club as us no matter what league were in

'Ian' is a regular caller on Radio Sheffield and no matter how much factual evidence is put in front of him, those rose tinted glasses shine through like a piece of crackling from Beres everytime.

Sheffield has been chosen as a potential host venue for 2018 and, dependant on the outcome in December, will face another vote to gain final approval if England are successful.

Both clubs submitted bids. This is where the United bias generally comes into play from their supporters. They will maintain that our ground was chosen because of Dave Richards on the FA and the fact that our bid was inclusive of ground improvements they believe are non-deliverable.

They kindly forget to recall how we have successfully hosted a group in a major tournament here before, and in recent times. We also have an awesome transport infrastructure in and out of the Hillsborough area, are close enough to the city centre to be within a commutable area for hotels etc and we have a ground that is not tied by the constraints of the city centre.

Then there is Hillsborough park - a place that is as close to already being fit for purpose as you can be for tents, festivals, academy days etc etc.

Once again, we have already given demonstrable evidence of how to host such an event.

Now apologies to my fellow Owls for pointing out just a few of the facts in our favour but, as this site is seemingly frequented by many a jealous Blunt nowadays, I thought it would be pointless putting anything similar on theres as they have nothing SUFC related to discuss.

UTO - and our 2018 endorsed fortress.

FTB - and their 2010 empty Championship shed.

I don't for the life of me understand how the blunts keep going on about delapidated Hillsborough, the old North stand, Old North Stand, It was completed in the early 60's was decades ahead of its time and is still amongst the best in the country offering an unrestricted to view and undistorted perspective to almost 10K fans ( when built it was 10,024 seats).

They accused us of cadging our way to hosting repeated semi-finals and International matches over the years, true some grants were available on the North Stand, but the West Stand (away-end) was built entirely from supporter contributions.......This is the stand that the Blades copied at the Bramall Lane end and got the viewing lines so spectacularly wrong...We shout and rant for tickets in this stand for our derby visits; Anyone sitting in there quickly realises that when the ball comes toward the penalty area at that end of the ground it is impossible to gain a perspective on the height of the ball as its played.

The seating area under the Bramall Lane stand is nothing short of a stinking depressing toilet. It's dull lacking any natural light, completely filthy and has an attroscious stink of urine.

The stand the blunts have built on the old Cricket square is a better effort and the facilities match the modern era. But opposite the old terrace is a real pigs ear of a conversion, compare this with our South Stand conversion...That's right you just can not do it.....

In conclusion I congratulate the blades on dragging the ( sorry our old ground) old ground out of the 19C and building a 3 star hotel, but come on they would need to do a lot more before they get on a soap box trying to undermine Hillsborough.

'Ian' is a regular caller on Radio Sheffield and no matter how much factual evidence is put in front of him, those rose tinted glasses shine through like a piece of crackling from Beres everytime.

Sheffield has been chosen as a potential host venue for 2018 and, dependant on the outcome in December, will face another vote to gain final approval if England are successful.

Both clubs submitted bids. This is where the United bias generally comes into play from their supporters. They will maintain that our ground was chosen because of Dave Richards on the FA and the fact that our bid was inclusive of ground improvements they believe are non-deliverable.

They kindly forget to recall how we have successfully hosted a group in a major tournament here before, and in recent times. We also have an awesome transport infrastructure in and out of the Hillsborough area, are close enough to the city centre to be within a commutable area for hotels etc and we have a ground that is not tied by the constraints of the city centre.

Then there is Hillsborough park - a place that is as close to already being fit for purpose as you can be for tents, festivals, academy days etc etc.

Once again, we have already given demonstrable evidence of how to host such an event.

Now apologies to my fellow Owls for pointing out just a few of the facts in our favour but, as this site is seemingly frequented by many a jealous Blunt nowadays, I thought it would be pointless putting anything similar on theres as they have nothing SUFC related to discuss.

+1'd you for that mate, top notch post, and you too Nev.

Simple facts is that the Blunts always have had an always will have an inferiority complex when it comes to Wednesday. We cast a very long shadow in Yorkshire football and they know they will never escape it. We will always be the biggest club in the area and hopefully before long the best too! :cool:

Top post mate although you forgot to mention the bit about their grotty little hole of a ground being a tacky looking poo hole and you'll have hit the nail on the head.

Hillsborough is the far superior ground, always has been and always will be.

Guest ginnerowl

So a piggy rings in with a completely unsubstantiated accusation with no facts to back it up and moans when asked to provide evidence. I followed suit and called in to say that he touches kids but didn't get put through. Funny that!

WTID

Top post mate although you forgot to mention the bit about their grotty little hole of a ground being a tacky looking poo hole and you'll have hit the nail on the head.

Hillsborough is the far superior ground, always has been and always will be.

Their slating of our ground is bizarre when you compare it to ours - constantly hear them saying what a dump it is...

Our North Stand v Their South Stand - Both 60s / 70s stands, a bit tired but capable of doing a job with good views

Our Kop v Their Kop - No difference in quality but ours bigger

Our South Stand v Their John St - Admittedly theirs is newer (after they played to 3 sides for 2 years) but ours is bigger and with modernisations is up to speed

Our West Stand v Their Away End - Ours faces the pitch - end of

The only thing they've got on us is a tidy looking corner bit with some offices on the back......but 10000 less seats.

I have never heard such delusions of grandeur than at that place, one relegated season in the premier league and they think they are the business.

I'm finding this whole thing a tad embarrassing all around to be honest.

If England get the World Cup then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sheffield given the boot as one of the host cities.

Also, although Hillsborough is without doubt a much better stadium, with greater potential, than Bramall Lane, it still needs a lot of work to be upto World Cup standard...

I'm finding this whole thing a tad embarrassing all around to be honest.

If England get the World Cup then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sheffield given the boot as one of the host cities.

Also, although Hillsborough is without doubt a much better stadium, with greater potential, than Bramall Lane, it still needs a lot of work to be upto World Cup standard...

Have faith brother!

Hillsborough has always been one of the great venues of British football. It has the history and track record of staging the big occasions and it is in England's fourth largest city. If we get the World Cup (and that is a bloody big if with FIFA) we will be one of the venues and the ground will be up to scratch. It will need to be upgraded anyway for our return to the Prem sometime in the next 3 or 4 seasons! BELIEVE :happy:

Edited by Utah Owl

Have faith brother!

Hillsborough has always been one of the great venues of British football. It has the history and track record of staging the big occasions and it is in England's fourth largest city. If we get the World Cup (and that is a bloody big if with FIFA) we will be one of the venues and the ground will be up to scratch. It will need to be upgraded anyway for our return to the Prem sometime in the next 3 or 4 seasons! BELIEVE :happy:

Well said Utah and I hope you'll be making one or two trips over to see it happen. Regards.

I don't for the life of me understand how the blunts keep going on about delapidated Hillsborough, the old North stand, Old North Stand, It was completed in the early 60's was decades ahead of its time and is still amongst the best in the country offering an unrestricted to view and undistorted perspective to almost 10K fans ( when built it was 10,024 seats).

They accused us of cadging our way to hosting repeated semi-finals and International matches over the years, true some grants were available on the North Stand, but the West Stand (away-end) was built entirely from supporter contributions.......This is the stand that the Blades copied at the Bramall Lane end and got the viewing lines so spectacularly wrong...We shout and rant for tickets in this stand for our derby visits; Anyone sitting in there quickly realises that when the ball comes toward the penalty area at that end of the ground it is impossible to gain a perspective on the height of the ball as its played.

The seating area under the Bramall Lane stand is nothing short of a stinking depressing toilet. It's dull lacking any natural light, completely filthy and has an attroscious stink of urine.

The stand the blunts have built on the old Cricket square is a better effort and the facilities match the modern era. But opposite the old terrace is a real pigs ear of a conversion, compare this with our South Stand conversion...That's right you just can not do it.....

In conclusion I congratulate the blades on dragging the ( sorry our old ground) old ground out of the 19C and building a 3 star hotel, but come on they would need to do a lot more before they get on a soap box trying to undermine Hillsborough.

I still find it sad that they destroyed the 2nd home of Yorkshire cricket...............................:mellow:

Well said Utah and I hope you'll be making one or two trips over to see it happen. Regards.

My Dad's not too well and is being moved into a Residential Home, so I'm over for 3 weeks from October 14th (give or take a few days). Will be at all games at home and any away I can get tickets for. Will be in North Stand with my mates (row 26 seats 116-118 or as close as I can get) and if I don't have a Wednesday shirt on (watch for Leon and 7 on the back or even Utah-Owl and 7 - not decided yet) I will be wearing a Real Salt Lake away strip (white shirt - won't get the home one it's red!) and a Wednesday scarf.

Talking of the US champions, off to watch them tomorrow night (they are only 30 miles up the road) to see them take Thierry Henri's Red Bulls apart! :biggrin:

I still find it sad that they destroyed the 2nd home of Yorkshire cricket...............................:mellow:

Corrected that one for you! :biggrin:

Sure you are aware but Yorkshire Cricket Club were founded in the Adelphi Hotel, same place as Wednesday and their spiritual home is Sheffield!

Edited by Utah Owl

Wahay! Just checked the fixture list for the period I'm over - Bournemouth and Huddersfield at home and Yeovil (not been there) and Charlton (went there in 76 for a cup match) away. I'll settle for that!

The rumour was.

TheFA asked them what they would put forward as a "Fan Park".

And apparently their answer was to shut off all the roads around the Lane.

And then when asked about an covered entrance for the coaches. Like at Hillsborough under the South.

They answered that they would build a tunnel from the road to the Players Entrance.

This was just rumour.

But I doubt its far away from what they actually proposed.

If United fans think our Stadium Plans are out of reach.

I think theirs would've been just as out of reach.