Tommy Spurr

Guest oliver666

...I hope he doesn't fall asleep tonight, otherwise he might have another nightmare.

What a SHOCKING performance.

Quite right, but he wasn't on his own. Three players came out of this match with any credit, Purse, Nolan and Grant. Joc did ok but can we see any other of these players taking Wednesday forward irrespectice of what league we are in next year. Spurr in my opinion is going backwards in his development, a bit like Bromby did before his contract was not renewed.

...I hope he doesn't fall asleep tonight, otherwise he might have another nightmare.

What a SHOCKING performance.

Scarily the best crosser of a ball we have. Soares offeres no width and Varney cuts inside when he gets the ball. Don't get all the stick Tommy gets. Personally I would look at our midfield.

Guest Sheff Owl

He always seem's to be miles away from his man, god know's how many goals we have conceded from his side.

Was you watching a different game to me or what! He was one of out better players along with Purse and O'connor and obviously Grant as always! Spurr is one of the only ones who seams to run at the opposition and creates an attacking edge!

You clearly did go to another game. Because that aint Tommy Spurr you're going on about.

Look at the other posts in the thread...you were watching the other game!!!

Game changing decisions from today’s referee

Stone wall penalty when purse was hacked down, the hopefully resulting goal would have changed the game; I think we are all agreed on that one.

In my opinion if we had scored at that point our tails would have been up in the air and their heads would have dropped, after all Bristol were safe whatever happened up to the end of the season.

The referee has cost us 3 points today.

Try complaining to the F.A the only response you will get is,” the match officials are in charge on the day, and what they says goes,”

It doesn’t matter a jot if they are wrong, but what they says goes.

Positive notes from the game, 2nd ½ especially

Spurr did make a few good runs and did get some crosses in; unfortunately the strikers were getting closed down far too quickly by the Bristol defenders.

It also looks like Spurr has been working on his throw inns, some very good throws into the box I hasten to add

I’ve got home and calmed down before posting after today,

Bristol were there for the taking, BUT with an inept (to say the least) referee in charge, in my humble opinion, it was that 1 man that cost us the win today!!

Guest utOwlz

I dont know how a player showing so much promise can go from that to being the crap player he has been this season, his positioning and awareness is shocking, i wouldnt care if we got rid of him either

No he's not.

Both our best crossers are on the bench.

I hope you not think of 'I stand with the ball for a bit then pass to a center half' Gray or 'I look good until there is someone in front of me' EE

You clearly did go to another game. Because that aint Tommy Spurr you're going on about.

Look at the other posts in the thread...you were watching the other game!!!

Clearly not. Tommy is also one of the only players that actually gives a poo poo about SWFC and puts 100% in every time. His throw-ins today, as stated above have improved and set up a few chances today. Also as seen on Saturday down at QPR he is one of our better crosses of the ball and set the goal up. Tommy Spurr is not always the best defencivly but we can't pick and chose when we are where we are. He is not one of the players we should be criticising and i will stick by my opinion.

Game changing decisions from today's referee

Stone wall penalty when purse was hacked down, the hopefully resulting goal would have changed the game; I think we are all agreed on that one.

In my opinion if we had scored at that point our tails would have been up in the air and their heads would have dropped, after all Bristol were safe whatever happened up to the end of the season.

The referee has cost us 3 points today.

Try complaining to the F.A the only response you will get is," the match officials are in charge on the day, and what they says goes,"

It doesn't matter a jot if they are wrong, but what they says goes.

Positive notes from the game, 2nd ½ especially

Spurr did make a few good runs and did get some crosses in; unfortunately the strikers were getting closed down far too quickly by the Bristol defenders.

It also looks like Spurr has been working on his throw inns, some very good throws into the box I hasten to add

I've got home and calmed down before posting after today,

Bristol were there for the taking, BUT with an inept (to say the least) referee in charge, in my humble opinion, it was that 1 man that cost us the win today!!

Rubbish. The referee didn't cost us today. Our spinless, lucklustre performance (once again at home) cost us.

Yes, it was a penalty, but how many chances did we create after that incident? Absolutely bugger all.

It's very easy to start blaming other people, but the sole reason for that defeat falls at Alan Irvine and his players. They all want to take a long hard look at themselves tonight. I'd be fookin' embarassed to pick up wages after that inept display.

Clearly not. Tommy is also one of the only players that actually gives a poo poo about SWFC and puts 100% in every time. His throw-ins today, as stated above have improved and set up a few chances today. Also as seen on Saturday down at QPR he is one of our better crosses of the ball and set the goal up. Tommy Spurr is not always the best defencivly but we can't pick and chose when we are where we are. He is not one of the players we should be criticising and i will stick by my opinion.

I care about Sheffield Wednesday. I could go and give 100%.

Doesn't mean I'd be any good does it? Or that I'm an exception from criticism.

In fact, to be honest, on today's performance I reckon there'd be a few Wednesday fans who wouldn't have looked more out of place than Spurr did today. I don't criticise players often, but Spurr was abysmal. I felt sorry for him towards the end...he wanted putting out of his misery.

Guest Sheff Owl

Rubbish. The referee didn't cost us today. Our spinless, lucklustre performance (once again at home) cost us.

Yes, it was a penalty, but how many chances did we create after that incident? Absolutely bugger all.

It's very easy to start blaming other people, but the sole reason for that defeat falls at Alan Irvine and his players. They all want to take a long hard look at themselves tonight. I'd be fookin' embarassed to pick up wages after that inept display.

Can't disagree with that.

These players are on XXXX amount a week and can't come out and give the effort their wages deserve? Take 11 fans off the Kop and they would give 10 times the effort those shits did today and would play for free.

It's unbelivable to think that you get paid XXXX and you can't come out for a Saturday afternoon and give it your all.

Guest Paul Oxley

Needs 5 touches to control it.

Nolan could teach him a thing or 9

i said exactly the same thing at the game today, don't think it was his worse peformance though, still for me not good enough sorry Spurr fans