Tommy Spurr

Guest Stereophonics

I think that it is time to put Gray back in the side for his experience if nothing else. I'd have him at left mid

Gray would definitely be worth a place at left back or in midfield or in place of Varney on the left upfront, allowing Varney to move central.

in my book. It's a time to play your best players.

Spurr has shown quality in the past and just because his confidence has been wrecked by Laws showing him up and by playing in a leaky defence with little midfield cover all season is no reason to victimise him.

He is one of our better players.

Might have known it would be the fault of Brian Laws....

though not the most skilfull of players the lad trys his gonads off, his energy levels are up there, gray is not the answer he's had his day for me.

What I wonder is, has he been sleeping with some of your wives/girlfriends ?

Completely baffled as to why however he plays someone comes on here and specifically slags him off. I've thought he's been playing better under Irvine, has improved his crossing (got a few assists I think), the long throw is useful and not been making the errors.

So my question is why is Spurr engled out for critiscsm every match and then I think, young player.....under contract.......asset.....

I admire his ethic and his passion, but the most passionate of Wednesday couldn't play left back, on those merits alone.

You also need some sense of positional awareness, a great ability to read the game and know where gaps might open up in the defence and also a good deal of distributional quality.

Unfortunately, Tommy falls down in said areas.

Would like to see him moved on and replaced in the summer (Mulgrew from Aberdeen, Chelseas' Bertrand, Traore of Arsenal, Gibbs of Arsenal, Fabio of Man U)

Guest Parky1867

Would like to see him moved on and replaced in the summer (Mulgrew from Aberdeen, Chelseas' Bertrand, Traore of Arsenal, Gibbs of Arsenal, Fabio of Man U)

Im sure those lads are chomping at the bit to play League 1 football with Wednesday next season

Yeah - but why aim so low :biggrin:

Said for a couple of years now we should have gone for Tony Craig at Millwall - he's now just signed a new contract with them so would probably be too costly now

Yeah - but why aim so low :biggrin:

Said for a couple of years now we should have gone for Tony Craig at Millwall - he's now just signed a new contract with them so would probably be too costly now

They are all young players, who would relish (and require) regular first team football next season

The two at Arsenal can't both be back-up to Clichy.... so one will go out on loan, Mulgrew is OOC, Bertrand has just been at Reading (and will not make it at Chelsea), Fabio is the only one who might be unrealistic, but he has only made 9 appearances, whilst his brother has flourished (Wednesday aside)

Guest Parky1867

They are all young players, who would relish (and require) regular first team football next season

The two at Arsenal can't both be back-up to Clichy.... so one will go out on loan, Mulgrew is OOC, Bertrand has just been at Reading (and will not make it at Chelsea), Fabio is the only one who might be unrealistic, but he has only made 9 appearances, whilst his brother has flourished (Wednesday aside)

If Arsenal were willing to loan out Gibbs or Traore, then I think it would be safe to say they would be going to a team in the Premiership. Bertrand is a more realistic option, but only if we avoid relegation, and Id imagine he would be in demand from a few clubs.

And Fabio is another one who is not going to be playing Championship/L1 football next season. (IMO of course).

Guest Hirsty's Girl

Gray would definitely be worth a place at left back or in midfield or in place of Varney on the left upfront, allowing Varney to move central.

in my book. It's a time to play your best players.

Spurr has shown quality in the past and just because his confidence has been wrecked by Laws showing him up and by playing in a leaky defence with little midfield cover all season is no reason to victimise him.

He is one of our better players.

We sat by the dug out for a couple of games whilst Laws with still in charge and it became a standing joke of how many times we could here Laws yelling "Tommy!!! Tommy!!!" throughout the game. Personally I'm not Tommy Spurr's biggest fan but even the husband (who says he isn't an owls fan but I know he secretly is even if he wont admit it) commented that he thought the constant verbal was "a bit tight".

UTO

Guest gizmo

watch this and tell me it's good deffending ,does'nt even try and deffend the ball just goes down in a heap on the floor ,this is just 1 part of his game that he has to improve let alone the other parts that he's got to improve ,i realy do think he would be better suited in a more central role in the team as he likes to get forward with the ball ....

http://www.footytube.com/video/Peterborough-United-vs-Sheffield-Wednesday-19655

Guest totemowl

We sat by the dug out for a couple of games whilst Laws with still in charge and it became a standing joke of how many times we could here Laws yelling "Tommy!!! Tommy!!!" throughout the game. Personally I'm not Tommy Spurr's biggest fan but even the husband (who says he isn't an owls fan but I know he secretly is even if he wont admit it) commented that he thought the constant verbal was "a bit tight".

UTO

Esajas must not have been on the pitch.

Danielle-Laws3.jpg

Magical_Snap_2010_01_18_17_15_002.jpg

All is forgiven Brian, please come back.

I like these pictures for a few reasons:

1) Shes uber hot.

2) I have a stiffy

3) This is all happening in the University of Sheffield Library.