Tommy Spurr

I care about Sheffield Wednesday. I could go and give 100%.

Doesn't mean I'd be any good does it? Or that I'm an exception from criticism.

In fact, to be honest, on today's performance I reckon there'd be a few Wednesday fans who wouldn't have looked more out of place than Spurr did today. I don't criticise players often, but Spurr was abysmal. I felt sorry for him towards the end...he wanted putting out of his misery.

Yes i see what you are saying but i genuinely thought he wasnt that bad. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Tommy Spurr's guide to simple passing fail

1. Get ball

2. Wait for 3 players from other team to surround

3. Try to pass

4. run after the striker after giving ball away.

Tommy Spurr's guide to Crossing the ball Fail

1. get ball

2. try to run

3. get too close to white line

4.cross straight into Keepers arms

Why does he have to wee wee about waiting. Just get on with it ffs angry.gif

Guest totemowl

Rubbish. The referee didn't cost us today. Our spinless, lucklustre performance (once again at home) cost us.

Yes, it was a penalty, but how many chances did we create after that incident? Absolutely bugger all.

It's very easy to start blaming other people, but the sole reason for that defeat falls at Alan Irvine and his players. They all want to take a long hard look at themselves tonight. I'd be fookin' embarassed to pick up wages after that inept display.

You were definitely at a different game. We made plenty of chances in the 2nd half and had a bucketload of shots. Poor shots but they were definitely chances.

Why didn't you notice these things?

You were definitely at a different game. We made plenty of chances in the 2nd half and had a bucketload of shots. Poor shots but they were definitely chances.

Why didn't you notice these things?

Before the penalty claim we created a few chances (certainly not a bucketload, don't get so carried away), but I said, how many chances did we create AFTER the penalty claim?

Answer...NIL.

He's had much MUCH worse ones this season. He was relatively ok defensively, but as always his distribution was god awful.

Not helped by the fact Potter or JOC never move towards him to make an easy pass into midfield - forcing him to play it up the wing - usually smashed long and aimlessly. No one seems to make an easy pass. As a result we cannot string more than three passes together before it breaks down. Having poo team's fans like BC olay'ing their passing just summed it up today. One dimensional crap football that was never going to get us three points is what you could summise from the past 10 matches. Time for a re-think?

Guest Paul Oxley

Seems that Spurr is the new fall guy, but he is one of the few players who cares about this club.He put in a far better performance than both Potter and Varney who picked up their wages without breaking sweat again.

Ok at least Tommy ten touches cares and breaks sweat, thats alright then

First half he was dismal.

Got the ball on numerous occasions, then proceeded to hesitate, take five more touches, before giving the bloody thing away!

Second half he was ok.

Him and Nolan seemed to be one of our main focal points attacking wise. He linked up reasonably well with Varney and got a few decent crosses in, one which was an absolute gift - but, *shock horror*, there was no one in the bloody box!

Oh and Francis Jeffers is shuffle, shuffle to the extreme.

Guest totemowl

He can't pass, control, cross run, no strength, no awerness, poor decision making, poor player! get rid in summer.

...and he happens to be 2nd in the number of assists this season.

Just won't do will it.

...and he happens to be 2nd in the number of assists this season.

Just won't do will it.

His delivery is half decent.

BUT

His control on the ball is woeful at times. Seemed completely panic stricken in the first half.

Edited by SiJ

He can't pass, control, cross run, no strength, no awerness, poor decision making, poor player! get rid in summer.

To be fair, the above could sum up the vast majorty of our outfield players.

However, I'd have the four midfielders and two strikers from today out of the door before Tommy Spurr.

Don't use this word often, but Tommy Spurr is an absolute disgrace of a left back

He must be replaced in the summer.

I have never seen someone with such poor distribution, hold down a regular place, in a position where passing ability and positional sense (something which Tommy lacks on both accounts) are critical

Don't use this word often, but Tommy Spurr is an absolute disgrace of a left back

He must be replaced in the summer.

I have never seen someone with such poor distribution, hold down a regular place, in a position where passing ability and positional sense (something which Tommy lacks on both accounts) are critical

According to the above poster, second most assists to goals this season.