Today has changed my outlook

Our game plan will be the same from now on.

Two solid banks of four

A hard working target man (Tudgay, Clarke)

Pace as a release (JJ, Varney)

The only reason we didn't win today is that the two players who have acted as the release in our games this season (JJ and Varney) were both not available. With some pace we would have created even more chances than we did.

The game was boring but three months ago we would have lost by two or three!

Guest ashjam

Today's game didn't really change anything.

The next game will be the most important game of the season until the game after that, and then the game after that, and then the game after that etc. It's likely to go to the last game of the season.

If you can keep it tight at the back and not concede, you'll always have a chance at some point of the game to win it, I think Irvine's doing it right.

On another day, we'd have gone a further point clear of the bottom three. Then the pressure starts ramping up on those below us. AI knows what he is doing.

The next game will be the most important game of the season until the game after that, and then the game after that, and then the game after that etc. It's likely to go to the last game of the season.

If you can keep it tight at the back and not concede, you'll always have a chance at some point of the game to win it, I think Irvine's doing it right.

On another day, we'd have gone a further point clear of the bottom three. Then the pressure starts ramping up on those below us. AI knows what he is doing.

I'll be in the looney bin, by then. Or reporting to AA.

Otherwise, I agree (sort of).

Two solid banks of four

The only reason we didn't win today is that the two players who have acted as the release in our games this season (JJ and Varney) were both not available. With some pace we would have created even more chances than we did.

I was thinking we missed the energy of someone like Varney, but hes been fairly annonymous recently too. Perhaps we should look to use him out wide as an outlet?

Don't get me wrong, there were definitely some positives from today.

* We controlled the match and never looked like getting beat

* We were very solid at the back and have found a very good centre back pairing

* We battled and worked very, very hard

* Eddie Nolan, Beevers and Purse

BUT...... without JJ, we have no outlet. The mindset today was not to lose. Keep it tight and try and nick it. But, this was one of the "5 wins" that we keep going on about.

We needed to be more adventurous. Maybe play 433, or have Gray wide left, or bring Esajas on wide left after 60-65 minutes, when we could see that the game was going to fall by the way side.

Draws kill you at this stage of the season

I agree with a lot of what youre saying, I think we really lack width and a spark.

BUT we need to remember, the Laws style of playing an open 4-3-3 is what got us into this mess, teams started to rape us as we were too open and have very little pace at the back and the strikers started to lose confidence and couldnt keep up the "well score one more than you" mentality. Our strikers are still blowing hot and cold so as Ashjam says, building from the back is probably our only choice.

I was thinking we missed the energy of someone like Varney, but hes been fairly annonymous recently too. Perhaps we should look to use him out wide as an outlet?

You boy's obviously don't read the bible.

What about the second coming!

Franny - he's the boy. Believe.

Got to go - or else I will never get up for church. Do they accept alcoholics? Not been for a while.

:ohmy:

UTO

Edited by ReadingOwl

You boy's obviously don't read the bible.

What about the second coming!

Franny - he's the boy. Believe.

Got to go - or else I will never get up for church. Do they accept alcoholics? Not been for a while.

:ohmy:

UTO

I''ll have some of whatever you've been drinking mate.

In fact...I think I have some Toilet Duck knocking about in the bathroom thatll do lol

I honestly believe AI is making the best possible use of the resources he has. I have a sneaky feeling it will be just enough, unfortunately that's going to mean beating Palace on the last day to stay up.

Gulp.

I still have this terrible feeling the Blades will send us down. I so hope to be proved wrong.

If they do it won't be them winning. It'll be a draw which prevents them getting to the playoffs. We'll both f*ck each others seasons up.

However, for pigs to do it means that we'll need to be 7 points adrift after that match - AI says we need 13, I think 11. We have 6 matches to pick up 5/7 points - Pigs won't send us down. Only CP can.

Still believe that we'll survive:

Watford H - W

Coventry - A - D

QPR - A - D

Bristol City - A W

'Boro - A - L

Pigs - H - W

Cardiff - A - L

CP - H - W

If they do it won't be them winning. It'll be a draw which prevents them getting to the playoffs. We'll both f*ck each others seasons up.

However, for pigs to do it means that we'll need to be 7 points adrift after that match - AI says we need 13, I think 11. We have 6 matches to pick up 5/7 points - Pigs won't send us down. Only CP can.

Still believe that we'll survive:

Watford H - W

Coventry - A - D

QPR - A - D

Bristol City - A W

'Boro - A - L

Pigs - H - W

Cardiff - A - L

CP - H - W

Thats play-off form. Never in a million years will we get those results.

Two solid banks of four

.........and maybe without jj and varney...a point from the game and AI isn't slashing his wrists...

And to be fair Glaser, you're outlook is constantly changable, you'd make a cracking weatherman.

oi....... !!

To be fair to oneself, ever since Alan has come in my mentality has never swayed once.

Only yesterday, did doubt start to creep in.

This was one of the easier matches, which we ought to have been winning, or at least adopted an attacking mentality towards

Playing like we are, I just cannot see us picking up enough points as we do not look like scoring.

Yes, we won't get turned over by anyone, but I honestly can't see Palace struggling and Scunny will have renewed optimism after their win yesterday

BUT............. Palaces next 4 matches...... Forest, Cardiff, Watford, M'boro

................... Scunnys next 4 matches ....P'Boro, United, Blackpool, Swansea

....................Our next 4 matches ......... Watford, Coventry, QPR, Bristol

Palace have a very difficult run coming up, wheras in comparison ours looks on paper, a lot easier.

I don't think it will go down to the final day and I honestly feel, by the end of the above games, the picture will be a lot, lot clearer

Up the Owls..... everything's crossed !!

Thats play-off form. Never in a million years will we get those results.

I agree

I think we have to take at least 8 points from our home games, scrape whatever we can away and keep our fingers crossed

Edited by BIG D