Today has changed my outlook

Only a last minute goal by Blackpool kept us out of the bottom three.

The teams around us have a game in hand.

We are bottom of the form table.

We have failed to score in 6 of our last 8 games.

Yeah but apart from all that, why the pessimism?

Seriously though, I think after drawing with a good side away then coming back from 2 down, we were optamistic about beating Derby, so now we all feel down again. A win against Watford and the opptimism will return. Welcome aboard the relegation battle rollercoaster. :st2:

Yeah but apart from all that, why the pessimism?

Seriously though, I think after drawing with a good side away then coming back from 2 down, we were optamistic about beating Derby, so now we all feel down again. A win against Watford and the opptimism will return. Welcome aboard the relegation battle rollercoaster. :st2:

Good post

Its always going to be the same though. 2 points dropped but you have to take the positives - another shut out again yesterday, and we suddenly look more like keeping clean sheets. Aand normally, we would have scored at least one of those chances.

We missed JJ again, but he will be back for the final run in, when we will REALLY need him.

Lets not forget we got a 3-0 drubbing by that shower at Derby, and looking at their squad they really should be higher up the league.

If we had players like hulse, savage etc, id be expecting three points against teams like us...

Guest JonTheOwl66

Well... This next week will prove to be pivotal in where we lie as a football club.

Investment... I feel will be finalised this week.

And we have a couple of must-win games.

I don't think there are any must-win games - we will probably win at least one we expect to lose before the end of the season. But I agree with AI when he says the window of opportunity to win the number of games we need to win is slipping away. I don't think we were terrible yesterday, from what I've seen this season that was maybe even slightly better than average by this team's standards. JJ on half decent form could have made the difference. Soares' ability to know where other Wednesday players are is a novelty. Jeffers put himself about a bit when he came on, would have been the hero of the day if Barker (who was immense throughout) hadn't beat him to that Soares pullback, but the fans around me were more interested in giving him snide abuse than anything else. I think it will go down to the last day, and we'll probably need at least a point, but I don't think we're doomed.