Relegation

I call it stupidaty at time's tbh. I can't help it. Even when i had a season ticket (home and away) i just loved the match day expirience. I've been doing it since i was about 11 years old and im 29 next month. It's harder to do i suppose when you've got other people to pay for, It can cost alot of money too watch it..

My problem is my shift pattern, I work continentals, I get 1 weekend off per month. I've already used 2 lieu days this year to be able to attend (one was today) I need to use another 4 before the season ends. I am then left with just two lieu days until next january. I would probably need more than those two for next season's games.

If we go down, it's just not worth the hassle.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest ArbourOwl

My problem is my shift pattern, I work continentals, I get 1 weekend off per month. I've already used 2 lieu days this year to be able to attend (one was today) I need to use another 4 before the season ends. I am then left with just two lieu days until next january. I would probably need more than those two for next season's games.

If we go down, it's just not worth the hassle.

It's hard. I stopped going because of shift pattern's. I used to work monday to friday 2pm till 10pm then every other saturday and sunday and it was just too much. now i've got a miss's and a 2 year old to think about. My kid come's first, then Wednesday then the miss's (But only because she's a pig)........... I'd like to think that IF we went down you'd still bring the young un as and when you can.

Guest sheridan's2penalties

I admire your enthusiasm. I'm 51, we have been shiite for at least half of my years. My son is 13, he has only known us being shiite. I can put up with steady growth over a number of years, but I can't stomach another season in League 1. If we go down, and I think it is going to take a massive effort to avoid relegation, then that will be it for me.

I agree in many ways, but The Wednesday is far bigger than our current squad. They will come and go. TBH right now I can't wait till the whole football bubble bursts and clubs say enough is enough and sack their whole squad, send them to a flipping factory, and recruit a local pub team on 40k A YEAR each, which I'm sure they would be more than grateful for, and play it from there. OK, I know that is a deranged fantasy, but actually maybe the bursting bubble aint that far off. after today, flipping bring it on.

mmm, not sure im on board with that. could see it being a fair old while tho.

Well we struggled to get out of there last time and it was alot easier then

Now the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Southampton, Charlton etc are all down there and all have more money than us

Guest AnotherOwl

I agree in many ways, but The Wednesday is far bigger than our current squad. They will come and go. TBH right now I can't wait till the whole football bubble bursts and clubs say enough is enough and sack their whole squad, send them to a flipping factory, and recruit a local pub team on 40k A YEAR each, which I'm sure they would be more than grateful for, and play it from there. OK, I know that is a deranged fantasy, but actually maybe the bursting bubble aint that far off. after today, flipping bring it on.

Spot on. The professional wee wee taking has gone on for too long - throughout the leagues.

I just hope the bubble bursts while we are in the Championship.

After today ive accepted we will be in league one next season.

We're in for a fair old Watershed few years, for sure.

Damn horrible, painful shame, hurts, but pretty much I have to think it is a dead-cert, now.

Why must we be in this state of abeyance and decay for so, so long?

Hi Ho, UTO.

Spot on. The professional wee wee taking has gone on for too long - throughout the leagues.

I just hope the bubble bursts while we are in the Championship.

I'm sure FJ9 has had a terrible day also.

How's things, Franny?

Guest arobert

The last five days have been a real hammer blow to our hopes of surviving in the Championship in my view.

I thought Sflaphorpe Utd were the team we have to get ahead of assuming that Peterborough and Plymouth did not make miraculous recoveries.

In the five days ourselves and Sflaphorpe both had two home games to come against bottom half of the table opposition and as we know:

Wednesday - lost to Doncaster, lost to Ipswich

Sflaphorpe - beat Barnsley, drew with Watford

Sflaphorpe scored in each game in the 95th minute or else it would have been draw, lose.

But they seem to possess fight, are generally good at home and in Hooper have a goalscorer.

As far us well I cannot really find a positive.

look folrward to it.

Because we are going down.

Think the last two games made it a nailed on cert.

Simply see no way we can get out of this mess now, no passion, no ideas, players who aren't up to the task, and a good number who aren't good enough.

As much as I like LS I think he has a mountain to climb now, and I think he needs to really come clean on the matters with investment etc. Forget the frigging 2018 World Cup, he needs to focus on the next 3-5 years and where the club is heading in that timescale. Also he needs to try and get rid of the old board memebers by somehow getting people on baord with a workable plan, rather than running the risk of being slated every time the investment thing is only weeks away, next month this next month that.

He should be sat down with AI looking at what sort of squad to have ready for League 1. Personally I'd keep Sodje for that division. But one things certain he need to shift most of this dross out and bring in some players with a bit of fight in them.

It would need a huge change in attitude an application by the team for us to stay up, and over the last three games they have demonstrated that they are not bothered either way.

I accept there are a good number of games left, but only the blindly optimistic can see something in this squad that indicates that they are willing to work to stop up.

Last time we went down I didn't believe we would until it was a mathmatical certaintity. This time I reckon we will go down by a good margain.

I can't believe we are in this position again. I thought we had seen our lowest point. This squad should have been easily capable of finishing mid table, God knows why they seem to hate playing for us.